PvP On Survival

roastnewt

PvP on Survival

I've had more fun PvPing on Survival in the last 4 days than I have in years.  To me, big clan fights are the most fun, and everything about the new revision encourages big clans, from the resource drain of protecting blocks, to the need for teammates to come rescue you when you've been pearled.  Also, having the prison pearl plugin gives you a consequence for dying, which makes PvP that much more intense.  Also, being "enemies" with the two largest clans on the server means that you can find PvP whenever you want it.

Let me share a story that just happened a few hours ago:

Border Patrol has had a non-allied noob (Clemobide) prison pearled for the last few days.  He was in-game and complaining about being pearled, so TornadoHorse and I get in a PM conversation with him.  He gives us the coords of the chest that he's trapped in, and we decide to try and go save him.  At this point, all of Border Patrol is offline, so we figure we can go try to free him before they come online.

We spend a couple minutes getting together our protection 4 armor, sharp 5 swords, grab a couple eff.5 picks and axes, potions, and head over to their base.  Their base was on the worldborder yesterday, before the increase.  So we run past their base on the x-axis, then loop back around and approach their base from the outside (on the assumption that they wouldn't have snitches in that direction).  We dig to the coordinates that Clemobide gave us, and find about 5 layers of emerald-reinforced obsidian surrounding the chest.  So Torn and I crouch and start digging into the vault together.

After about 20 minutes, we're almost through the first block of obsidian, and CSimplify logs in.  He's in their chest room, which is near the vault.  We continue to work on digging in, since we've both been crouched, we just hope he doesn't see us.  Unfortunately, he runs right to us immediately and attacks us.  We potion up, get a few good hits on him, and he runs back into their vault.  Their vault has an obsidian-lined tube with iron doors and pressure plates.  Luckily, I'm right on his ass and follow him in, and manage to kill him in the vault.  I spend a few seconds sorting through his potions on the floor, to grab his armor.

Of course, now I'm stuck inside, with a bunch of locked doors behind me.  I start working on mining out the first inner door, and Torn (stuck outside the vault) starts working on the outer door.

CSimplify's bed is in the vault with me, and he respawns there and starts punching me.  I kill him again.  He respawns again, so I move my enderpearls to my hotbar and PrisonPearl him.

At that point, r3kon logs in right next to Torn, in full armor.  I tell Torn to get out of there, and he runs back down the tunnel we mined into their base.  R3kon runs into the chestroom, through the iron door hallway, and starts fighting me.  I manage to kill (and PrisonPearl) him too.  Right before he dies, though, he runs out their iron door hallway, and I stay right behind him, and manage to get almost all the way out, except for the final set of doors.

So I summon him from his prison pearl, on top of his pressure plate, so that he could open the door for me.  He punches me and runs off without opening the door, so I summon CSimplify too, and manage to get him on the pressure plate, open the door and run out.

Now Tornado and I are booking it away from the base, with the looted Prot.4, Sharp.5 swords, heads and prison pearls.  The restart is in 2 minutes, which is not enough time to get to our Pearl-Vault (with diamonds to keep them Pearled), so they're going to be freed automatically at the restart.  At this point, we're just trying to get as far away from their base as possible.

Halfway back to spawn (Torn and I went different directions, to keep as much loot as possible.  I had the prisonpearls still), I get intercepted by 3 members of Discharge.  This is about two minutes from the restart.  I know I can't kill all of them with my few remaining potions and almost-broken armor, so I eat the god-apple dropped by r3kon and just tank them until the restart comes.  At the restart, of course, r3kon and CSimplify are freed.  I wait about five minutes, and log in.  My pursuers have left.

I share this story to show how much fun PvP can be with the new plugins.  We've had battles like this one every day since the new revision started.  I see a lot of complaining about the new plugins, but people just need to realize how much fun they can make PvP, you just need to ally up with a big clan.  If you want to fight the civvies with us, we're allying everyone that wants to go up against them.

A few days ago we had a "Prisoner Exchange," each of us freeing our Prison-Pearled hostage(s).  Just the fact that politics like that can exist in Minecraft PvP is super fun.
  • Upvote 8

Sounds great! How would it be for someone like me who wouldn't ally with or provoke anyone?

Well, the way the server plugins are set up, that's not a very successful playstyle.  The server kind of forces you to be allied with at least a few people, just so there's someone to save you if you get kidnapped.  But I think that's a good thing, if we want survival to be PvP focused, then clan PvP is where the fun is at, and even people who don't want to PvP all the time can be relatively "safe" with their allies watching their back.

Sounds great! How would it be for someone like me who wouldn't ally with or provoke anyone?

A few people that play using your play style have had their bases be "randomly" found. So you need a team effort to if you want to effectively protect your base against grief like that using obsidian blocks that are reinforced with diamond.

The above only applies to casual players which are the majority of the player base.

Both on the subreddit and on the forums, I've been told that you would only need to mine for a few hours to get a reasonable protection, without realizing that most players don't have the patience to do a specific thing for a few hours. Most players are casual players that are playing for fun and not for extreme domination.

Edit: My second base was also suspiciously found.

-gsand

;D

Edited by gsand