Hopper carts, 1.8, long-standing LWC update

Pyr0mrcow

I've been curious about this for some time now, though I guess it'd be pointless to ask about it regarding 1.7 since the Rev's ending.
However, 1.8's coming soon, and with it, even more autofarming possibilities; made much simpler and much less resource-draining with the use of Hopper Carts, as opposed to legions of individual Hoppers in small spaces.
With that in mind, and with the LWC bug with Hopper Carts stealing from chests having been fixed quite some time ago, can we expect the re-enabling of Hopper Carts with Rev 15? Or is there another limitation beyond the old bug?

For a general idea of what I'm talking about with the new autofarms:

Edited by Pyr0mrcow

Enderman grief is still a thing, so I'm fairly sure that the actual farming/planting won't be a problem. After they've had time to test, of course.

The problem I'm asking about is the current disabling of Hopper Minecarts, originally disabled due to an old LWC bug that allowed said Hopper Minecarts to steal from locked Chests. I thought about it, and the LWC people actually fixed that bug way back when I was working plugins on another server...so I was wondering if they'd be enabled with the PvE update, so that we can use them for the new autofarming functionality included in 1.8. Or, if not, I wonder what makes them continue to be a prohibited item.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow