Shooting suggestions

CROCKODUCK

To start off, I'm hoping this little bit of background helps show I'm not giving this advice without truly having insight into how survival had worked over the past few years, nor the attitude everyone takes towards these changes. I have discussed this idea with a few staff members but didn't get the feedback I was looking for so here it is to you good folks. I 100% loved playing survival back in the day and seeing how far it's come is impressive, but also I feel we should consider how far it hasn't changed. The idea pitched a while ago about survival having a mixed non combat and combat areas was interesting, and I felt it wasn't given its proper turn over with consideration.

The main focus would still be PvP, and it would have many incentives to entice players to journey out into the circular pvp area following the smaller maybe 300x300 interior circle area that is non pvp. The idea would be to go out into the "wilderness" and fight other players to find the admin made treasures (small but useful) or possibly even dungeons or something to that effect? The whole concept is to make the map constantly changing and dynamic and interesting. That's what S is lacking is the changing dynamic and while its worked over the years, I think we both can agree that survival deserves a little more than 10 players a day after 2 months or more of a rev. I'd appreciate your thoughts! Please keep in mind this is all just up in the air discussion, but I think with the proper influence, we could create survival into a highly enjoyable and renewed experience.

• Upvote 1

I doubt PvE would ever allow survival to return to a mixed PvP/PvE playstyle. That ship sailed when PvE got PvP enabled, a whole lot of S players jumped ship from memory. There would be absolutely nothing to distinguish the servers with your proposal. A PvE re-enterable spawn is another thing entirely, but allowing people to build in pve wouldn't fly.

Thanks for your opinion, your ideas have merit and would be fun, but it wouldn't feel like survival to me. I've always enjoyed survival for being the stable server revision after revision, I believe we simply need to learn to market it better and retain players, everyone I talk to agrees that S is fun when there is people on, but nobody plays because nobody is ever online. A bit of a vicious cycle.

I doubt PvE would ever allow survival to return to a mixed PvP/PvE playstyle. That ship sailed when PvE got PvP enabled, a whole lot of S players jumped ship from memory. There would be absolutely nothing to distinguish the servers with your proposal. A PvE re-enterable spawn is another thing entirely, but allowing people to build in pve wouldn't fly.

Thanks for your opinion, your ideas have merit and would be fun, but it wouldn't feel like survival to me. I've always enjoyed survival for being the stable server revision after revision, I believe we simply need to learn to market it better and retain players, everyone I talk to agrees that S is fun when there is people on, but nobody plays because nobody is ever online. A bit of a vicious cycle.

So the broken part is we are missing players? that I have to disagree with and your long absence from survival possibly leads me to feel like you're running off old information? Whether we come to terms with it or not, the gameplay of our founders in 2011 and such is stale and unadaptive. We've tried solving this before with player sponsoring and advertisements and it certainly seems like a content crisis not a missing player issue. Perhaps a spin off as you were saying where the spawn and small surrounding area have little to offer and then beyond that are the incentives. Also PvE has nothing to do with this, nor controls anything. As I've also pointed out we are not limited by any other server, we are just going for the improvement of survival.

An S server where the spawn area is safe is too much like PVE. A S server where you have to go across a reasonably large, not ruined up by camping/traps, player made roads to get to the safe areas is not so much like PVE. I suggest we look again at the Junction plans, which are the most thought through version of this idea I've ever seen.

Could you clarify what junction plans you mean? Like a balancing of combative and non combative areas or simply making the map smaller to make more PvP hot spots. I know the Non PvP area in the map at all sounds droll at first but it can promote building, which in turn promotes further exploration to create a base out in the PvP area and battle other players for valuables only available out there. Or even eleminating the non PvP zone and just sticking with farther out exploration with maybe a custom world generation to give the whole experience a different feel such as a barren Forrest biome and so on.