[PMC] Twitch account

SkrapssparkS

I have been thinking it'd be a good idea to set up a nerd.nu gaming community twitch channel. It would be useful for streaming things such as pvp tournaments, build contests, spleef matches and to some extent it could help us with advertising. I've talked to Barlimore and silversunset a little and a downside to this could be drawing away interest in players to actually go to these events as they can just watch it without travelling anywhere. I'd like to hear some feedback on this, any concerns and also I'd like to have a few names of people that would be willing to stream some videos if we go through with this idea. Thanks ^_^

• Upvote 2

I don't really see the point. Why watch when you can play? Why play of you just want to watch? We need to be maximizing the number of people playing. Streaming things might work as advertising, but it doesn't seem worth the effort considering it could just lead to people deciding to not play.

I don't really see the point. Why watch when you can play? Why play of you just want to watch? We need to be maximizing the number of people playing. Streaming things might work as advertising, but it doesn't seem worth the effort considering it could just lead to people deciding to not play.

Some events people aren't able to join in e.g. a tournament they could have been knocked out of. But are still interested in the game, this however might mean to watch it they have to travel across half the map and so might prefer to watch it get streamed on twitch.

Sometimes you watch when you can't play, but you can watch. Not really sure what it is, that makes a stream interesting to follow, but I do follow some (currently mainly Dota 2 ones though), There's lots of situations when I'm able to watch a stream, but not able to play. Minecraft streams and Lets Plays have quite a big following so it could be a good way to advertise the server. Streaming the start of a rev could be quite intense or even make a Lets Play series when a new rev starts. Just needs to be people who are good at entertaining.