Upvotes/Downvotes

Draykhar

Forum Upvotes/Downvotes  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Get rid of the forum Upvote/Downvotes?

• Yes, Please find a way to get rid of these.
    • No, do not find a way to get rid of these.
    • I do not care either way

It's pointless to add an "agree" button, it would serve the exact same function as the damn arrows. People are upset because they don't like getting disagreed with, and the arrows do nothing but visually show whether or not your post is well liked. Personally, I read every thing on here, regardless of whether or not it's in the red or the green. IF the arrows were to there hide posts or get members banned then of course I would be in favor of having them removed, but of course that's not the case. Rather than "spamming" posts to say you agree with someone, a rep system allows you to show support without distracting from the main discussion. It's been a staple of forums for literally DECADES.

That reminds me of the Thanks/Like system of a forum that I visit. If you agree, you pick either Thanks or Like, and you'll be added to a list of people who has done the same on that post. Takes more space than just the arrows and number, but it's revocable, which prevents accidental clicking making an effect. How does that sound?

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops. Looks like I forgot about closeing this. After all this time looks like the poll is in favor of turning it back on. So we are going to do that. Feel free to make another post/poll down the line.

• Upvote 3