Test Build World on Creative

torteela

People have been asking for a place to be able to plan builds for P, and now we have one! The world is located at /warp testbuild.

All normal server rules apply. Regions can be requested for protections and WorldEdit permissions just like the overworld. Try to only claim an area you think you'll use; you can always expand it later.

In other news, we've recently raised the WE queue limit from 50,000 to 2,000,000. That doesn't mean you have to edit 2m blocks at once, it just means you can. We're going to see how the server handles the new limit and reduce it if there are problems.

We also now have the /effect command, which will give potion status effects and can be used in region entry flags.

• Upvote 3

Were people asking for a whole world, or just permission from the C players to 'encroach' on 'their' space? I don't mean to load words by quoting them, but I've only ever heard that reasoning from observers and not directly.

I'm not sure what this means? 

from the POV of someone asking for a test world - i personally don't want to litter build experiments and testing and planning stuff out in the c overworld, it's messy and i dont like it. So i switch to SP to map things out, which means the people i build with can't participate. some places (*cough*rose*cough*) have a test server set up, but i am not that lucky to have one. They do have the redstone playground for redstone experiments, but that doesn't quite cover the "lets test out wall designs and road set ups, or how to build a farm" bits. 

Are you possibly thinking about keeping the same test build world over server resets, so that the planned things are actually saved without the need to store them somewhere else?

We can definitely do that. At some point we'll have to reset the world or clean up builds, but when we do we'll make sure its communicated clearly and with plenty of notice.

Guest Former Staff

We can definitely do that. At some point we'll have to reset the world or clean up builds, but when we do we'll make sure its communicated clearly and with plenty of notice.

That would be good as it'll be enough time for us to grab personal schematics of our builds by then which of course can be shared with others.