An Idea For KOTH.

EeHee2000

You think Sharpness V is OP?

I did a lvl30 enchant on my Diamond Sword last week and got Fire Aspect II, Sharpness III, Unbreaking III and Looting II. One enchant.

That was XP well spent.

Only Sharpness III? Beggar. ;D

Edited by EeHee2000

My main and most obvious concern is people finding a way to break out of the KOTH and exploit the signs somehow, walking away with essentially free enchanted gear.

Mojang did their best to patch pearl glitching exploits and prevent it, so I don't see that as a problem at all. Unless /spawnme is enabled or beds were to get enabled again, I don't see this as a problem, but then again someone is going to find a way some how

As for pearl glitching it is almost impossible now to glitch through a 1 block wall, and glitching through floors or ceilings is impossible now since 1.5 :/ I have done all these enderpearl tests in Vanilla SinglePlayer and on P.Nerd.Nu as of 1.6.2 I also believe NCP now has more protection against block/ender pearl glitching, too

Edited by coolgamerovr90

My main and most obvious concern is people finding a way to break out of the KOTH and exploit the signs somehow, walking away with essentially free enchanted gear.

This is pretty well handled anyway, to be honest. There's full sets of leather armor, swords everywhere and tonnes of bows - people still try to steal it and they fail no matter what strategy they use. Enchanting will only up a stealer's want for the items, not give them any advantage. They'll just be more frustrated and swear a lot louder when they ragequit on it.

I think there should be weapon enchant signs. It could add a whole new level of competition and informal matches with intuitive ideas constantly being brought up by the community. No need to downvote me, just explain why you'd be against this. Of course, this doesn't mean it would have to be set at any level, perhaps overpowered things such as Sharpness V could be decided by the community.

Maybe even a random enchant setup feature would be fun.

It is an interesting idea, but I feel that enchanted items would have a negative effect on the way KOTH is played.

The only negative affect I'm aware of from enchanted items that everyone has access to is the quick deaths. If people are given armour, which appears to be the case, then that is equaled out. It's a minigame where there is a set number of attacks to kill a person, shouldn't it be the same for everyone and also adjustable by the admins? E.g. the first game of the night you have Fire Aspect weapons and Fire Protection armour, another game you have sharpness V and no armour, last game you have wild-pvp-like enchantments on weapons and armour.