Speed Building and Live Streaming

knapptime18

Hey guys and gals,

First off, I'd like to let everyone know that I'm going to try getting into live streaming on Twitch. My current setup with my laptop only allows me to stream at 480p if I remember correctly, but I'm planning on building a PC in the very near future, so the stream quality should improve. I don't expect to have a huge following, but it's something I want to try and it'll only help with getting the server advertised.

With that being said, what I really wanted to discuss is doing some speed building contests on Creative next rev. It's obvious that C's numbers have been dwindling lately, and I think this might be something that could breath some life into the server. I know people have done 10 min builds in the past, but I was thinking that the speed building could be more consistent and perhaps could even turn into somewhat of a league.

Would anybody be interested in this? I would love to see this get popular, but I need to see if anyone is interested before I proceed with this.

• Upvote 5

Also, if anyone is interested in making some graphics for my stream, let me know. I some basic overlays going on that I made, but I am by no means experienced with graphics.

As far as the speed building goes, I may need some people interested in helping run the events if I'm not available. My hope is that these contests will become sort of the equivalent to what spleef is on P. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? This is still in the brainstorming stage, so I'm really open to any input.

EDIT:

I wanted to add that I could go a few different ways with the stream. As many of you may know, some of the more popular twitch streams allow people to make donations to the streamer. If I get enough followers to justify doing this, I would have to decide where this money should go and I figured I might as well ask the community that I'm doing this for. I could either keep donations for myself to use for improving the stream experience, I could donate the money to the Nerd.nu servers, or I could donate to a charity. What do you guys think?

Edited by knapptime18

I really like the idea of doing things like this. I don't often play on C, I'm more of a Survival player myself but would love to see some of these events happening and try my hand in them! Are you thinking of maybe having 4 players with a plot of land each having 10 minutes to build around a certain theme or stimulus? I reckon that sounds pretty cool. As for donations, I'd definitely say charity. Nerd doesn't need a constant income, and that's what we have the fund raiser events for!

Edit: If this idea gets enough interest, maybe have a few different time limits or team builds? Could be pretty neat! :D

Edited by TornadoHorse

I really like the idea of doing things like this. I don't often play on C, I'm more of a Survival player myself but would love to see some of these events happening and try my hand in them! Are you thinking of maybe having 4 players with a plot of land each having 10 minutes to build around a certain theme or stimulus? I reckon that sounds pretty cool. As for donations, I'd definitely say charity. Nerd doesn't need a constant income, and that's what we have the fund raiser events for!

Edit: If this idea gets enough interest, maybe have a few different time limits or team builds? Could be pretty neat! :D

I was planning on doing 4 plots and mixing up the time limit based on what theme was picked. I like the idea of doing team builds too! I'm not sure how exactly I'll pick themes, maybe I'll come up with a list and have players vote each round, or I could do it randomly. I also have to figure out how the voting will work as far as winners go.

• Upvote 1

The arena has been finished! UJiMCYj.png

If anyone is still interested in doing this, please let me know. I'm going to need some help getting things going and I could use some suggestions as far as rules will go. I'm looking at holding the first speed building contest next weekend perhaps, depending on my schedule. I'll put an announcement up eventually on the subreddit, but I still have a lot of work to do.

I still need to decide on rules and format. Should I have a panel of judges? Should I have the chat vote? Or should I just pick winners myself? What would you guys like to see?

Also, I plan on prettying up the area around the arena, as well as adding a CTA connection. Let me know if you're interested in helping with any of this.

I'm still open to suggestions and feedback, so please, let me know what you think!  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1