Bounty Plugin

SpiderMan

I've got no suggestions for a bounty plugin, I'll leave that to other people. However, I think it could be very enjoyable if it were to be restricted. For example:

• Don't use an in-game currency for this. Keep it as a simple plugin that offers a reward of x many of y item. Announce bounties via [server], with perhaps a link to a webpage listing the bounties, bounty-givers and rewards. Perhaps the bounty-giver could back out on giving out a reward? I'm hoping this won't clog chat by listing bounties or by players arguing non-stop. "plzzzzzzz no kil" 

Thoughts?

The troll and harassing factor is big. I imagine it sends some message to new players, but I don't know what that is. Someone could camp out in their original home at the edge of the world for a month, come in to the centre for a trade and be killed. I hope it has a timeout.

• Upvote 2

The troll and harassing factor is big. I imagine it sends some message to new players, but I don't know what that is. Someone could camp out in their original home at the edge of the world for a month, come in to the centre for a trade and be killed. I hope it has a timeout.

With respect, I've not seen you on S for a long time.

Please leave discussions like these to people who actually play, and will continue to play S.

• Upvote 4

Im not sure a bounty system is neccessary for S. There has already been an unofficial way of setting bounties (announcing it in chat, for example) that seems to work just fine. Adding in official plug-in for bounties will undoubtedly cause harrassment problems. Also, Im guessing you would need to post a reward, so this could create an issue between users that are able to dedicate a lot of time to gather excess resources and those that are not.

I'm obviously a fan of bounties, and I don't see how this could be a problem at all if done in game. Set your reward, the player, and any other conditions. I suppose a problem could be having the bounty triggering multiple times, but you could just set it to only work once.