dizney07 AMA

dizney07

Hi I'm dizney07 and I normally hangout on S when no one is on because APPARENTLY I LIKE TO PLAY MINECRAFT WHEN NO ONE ELSE DOES. But yeah ask me anything :-)

How scrubby are you on a scale of 10-10?

When's the next episode going to come out?

If you pull through the modvote and become a mod, what will be your first goal in order to improve Survival/the servers?

What're you looking forward to in 1.8?

Where did you get your username? 

If you could change one thing about nerd.nu, what would be be and why? 

How scrubby are you on a scale of 10-10?

When's the next episode going to come out?

If you pull through the modvote and become a mod, what will be your first goal in order to improve Survival/the servers?

What're you looking forward to in 1.8?

Where did you get your username? 

If you could change one thing about nerd.nu, what would be be and why? 

1. 1000000/10

2. Probably going to have to wait for next rev for that, we started the series pretty late..

3. Hmm that's tough. In my opinion the most damaging thing about S is the accessibility to pvp material as a newer player. New player gets armor/weapons after spending an hour or two of their time, runs into 3 players from a big clan, gets murdered by big clan, and the new player leaves not wanting to waste more time. This cycle kills the number of people on the server within the first two weeks of the server back down to its mediocre 10-15, filled with the regulars, the ones who live on the edges of the world, and the newer players who missed the start of the rev and will inevitably fall into the cycle. In short, I want to find a way to help S become more accessible, and more of a server people would want to stay on and play. And I want to do that whether I become a mod or not.

4. GIMME DAT NAME CHANGE NOWWWW

5. A high school nickname :-)

6. Personally (completely personal opinion pls dont hurt me) I would remove enchants. It makes pvp accessible to all creating more pvp. More pvp=server growth. 

What's your opinion on the rules governing player behavior on survival?

Do you think there should be more rules restricting player behavior, or fewer?

Oh man this is difficult to answer (I've sat here for about half an hour trying to find a good way to answer). To be honest, I feel player behavior is a very broad topic, but the way the rules are in place right now are set up the way they are to try and make sure that the server is going in the direction it wants to go. I feel the rules are very well defined, and I think it fits in a very nice place between too many, and too few. It's kind of hard to go more in depth because player behavior can be defined in many different ways, but all in all I think the rules are fair enough for everyone, and are pretty easy to follow. 

6. Personally (completely personal opinion pls dont hurt me) I would remove enchants. It makes pvp accessible to all creating more pvp. More pvp=server growth. 

Were you around for the revision where they removed enchantments?  Did you enjoy it?

Were you around for the revision where they removed enchantments?  Did you enjoy it?

I was around that revision yes, and it has been my favorite revision so far. It was actually one of my first, so maybe I'm a little biased, but I felt like it truly was a server where I could spend 10 minutes gathering materials and could immediately join the battles. This made it so when I died, I wasnt as upset as I knew it wouldnt take much more mining to get back to where I wanted to be. I felt the biggest problem with that revision was the decision to not remove bow enchants. Bows became too over powered, but all in all it was a really fun revision.

Is your forum picture supposed to be the wheels on a stretcher or a bicycle or something? I'm confused.

Training wheels, I'm still new to the forums ;-) 

Wow I am clever.

Wow I am not clever.

• Upvote 2

If my name changed to djtpls, how many diamonds could I expect from you on a monthly basis?

When do you play on S?

Do you think negative connotations (e.g. "toxic", "shantyclones") towards Survival spread around by the nerd.nu community have hurt its player base?

What is your favorite type of taco?

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate my 'stache? 10 being excellent, 1 being scrubby.

Edited by djt832

If my name changed to djtpls, how many diamonds could I expect from you on a monthly basis?

When do you play on S?

Do you think negative connotations (e.g. "toxic", "shantyclones") towards Survival spread around by the nerd.nu community have hurt its player base?

What is your favorite type of taco?

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate my 'stache? 10 being excellent, 1 being scrubby.

1. Well since it was my idea, I assume you'd actually be paying me ;]

2. Normally early in the afternoon, or really late at night (2, 3am) on US CST 

3. Honestly the only negative connotation I've really heard about S is that the player base are mainly "dicks". I think any negative connotation can hurt a server though, if people talk about something in a negative fashion, people wont want to play on that server. Word of mouth marketing is probably the most important, and with more and more new players not really enjoying their experience (assumed by the fact that they leave after a day) they can easily tell their friends who tell their friends who tell their friends...

4. I'm a soft taco kind of guy, mainly because when I was younger I bit into a crunchy taco and it cut my tongue.. it was a bad experience.

5. 1000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 at least

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

As you recently became a citizen of Seneca, what will you do to colonize S?

What do you think about the practicality of methadone clinics?

Are you worried about Disney claiming copyright infringement?

I do not want to reveal my strategy, but let's just say there will be a lot of carrots, tacos, and a missing buzzie.

How practical is something practical when you put something practical into the eyes of a practical overseer who oversees the practical use of something practical? 

HA. Disney should be afraid of me claiming copyright infringement. Who do you think they stole it from? 

• Upvote 2

How do you feel about the new changes to the next revision of S?

As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything set in stone is there? But anything the community majority thinks will move the server forward I'm all for. I'm just here to play minecraft with friends :]

• 1 month later...

How do you feel?

-gsand

;D

When you are around my heart jumps up and down.

I look at you, you look at me and for some odd reason 

it's hard for you to see just how much you mean to me. 

And every time I start to frown I think of you and it turns upside down. 

When your lips pressed against my cheek my knees started to grow weak. Hand in hand we walk up the road 

and unfortunately it comes time for you to go home. 

You hug me goodbye and only five minutes later you call to say HI!! 

You say I miss you I say I miss you to and you say aww....really? 

And I'm like of course I do.

How about fuck you? If so, what's it like to live in Albania? 

U WOT M8. I'LL WIPE THE FLOOR SON.

Albania is beautiful this time of year :D

• 4 months later...

Why is your self esteem so low?

Because Flo-Rida once told me to get low low low low low so I did everywhere :-)

Is it true that EeHee2000 has called you a 'twat' on the forums at least once, you twat?

Why are you such a twat?

...I dont recall a time when that happened 
  • Upvote 1