Redesigning the MCPublic Twitter Account

Mrloud15

Hello everyone,

We are looking to update the MCPublic twitter account, and we would like your help! We will be holding a contest to redesign header and profile photos. Once the contest is over I will gather all of the submissions and create a poll where everyone can vote for their favorite ones. To participate in this contest all you need to do is follow the guidelines below! 

• Must represent all 3 servers
  • Must follow all MCPublic rules
  • Header photo must be no bigger than 1500 x 500
  • Profile photo must be no bigger than 400 x 400
  • All submissions should be posted as a comment below
  • You don't have to submit both a header and profile photo to participate, but you can if you would like
  • Must be submitted by July 19th

Have any questions? Leave a comment below and I will try to find you an answer. 

• Upvote 1

What is the twitter account going to be used for?

We like to use it to keep people informed. It is redundant if you already look at the forums / subreddit, but some people like the info to come to them. In the age of smart phones, people can follow it to get instant notifications of information. Feel free to look through the past tweets. If you feel it could be used differently, let us know.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to design a logo for mcpublic since currently the subreddit, forum, twitter and ingame are all different.

I started from AnSq_'s server icons since they have a pretty distinctive style.
gBsbYYM.png

I picked the black and white pixel font and made a reddit alien in the same style.
4x9TcJ1.png

Here is what it would look like on the subreddit. Clicking on the reddit alien goes to reddit.com.
Working preview on http://www.reddit.com/r/marting11
The background image could be changed once in a while to display builds from the servers.

63QYV17.png

And on the forums
FoPGSN9.png

And finally, since this is a thread about twitter...
PLuBPDp.png

Credit goes to Dumbo52 for the renders.

So, what do you think?

• Upvote 9

A couple ideas here:

Is there an official name for the server? I call it about fifteen names and that can't be good for establishing notoriety and/or drawing users in. I like referring to it as "Nerd.nu" or "Reddit's Nerd.nu" because then new players and friends easily remember the name and connect. Mcpublic might throw people off. Having said that, it would be easier to unify the look and feel of the sites if we can decide on a default name.

I love the theme suggested by marting11 above. My one suggestion for improving it may be to make it so multiple renders could be the background by using a tool such as twiback to have the backgrounds cycle automatically occasionally. Then we could use renders like the homepage. This would serve to showcase more server specific renders and constructions while keeping people excited at the prospect of their renders or works potentially headlining some of nerd.nu's webpages. Hopefully it would serve to bring the community closer together. :)

• Upvote 2