A couple questions about the next C revision.

SkrapssparkS

Hey It's great to see that creative is resetting and I love the ideas you have had for it especially the unbanning of snowballs (SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!!) erm but I have a couple of questions:

1) Will there be randomly generated structures such as villages and strongholds?

2) Will we have a set reset date for the revision like the type Kittypuppet suggested?

3) Will we still have the starting warps such as bigtown and pixelart?

4) Sorry about this derpy question but what is the pet plugin?

5) Spawn has two exits but we have cardinal roads, are there just the two roads or have we got 4 roads?

6) Is there any news on more organised events system such as the spleef arena every week or two?

7) Are there plans on having more speed building contests?

8) Will we be able to have item drops? at least in regions flagged for it?

9) Are the CAdmins going to make a blog on updates for creative or just general points about what their plans for C are each week/two weeks?

10) Have you guys considered possibly unbanning flowing water at least for a trial period?

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to the next creative revision and think it should be great, there has been a lot of input from the community so you guys have a lot of possibilities with this revision and you guys seem to be listening :D

• Upvote 3

6) Is there any news on more organised events system such as the spleef arena every week or two?

I don't know as much but as a player/new moderator of C, I feel like I can answer a few of these questions, at least using the knowledge I know currently.

3) I think LetsBFehr mentioned something about him building Bigtown and planning it out, so I'm pretty sure they will be there when the new rev starts!

4) The pet plug-in is probably what the name suggests, gives players pets, probably like the safe horses, allows the player to spawn pets. Theres plenty of videos of it on youtube, but knowing how this server works, it's probably a tweaked version of some sort of pet plugin.

6) I know Dumbo52 should be doing his usual Speed build contest arena and NEVAstop said he will be doing more spleef stuffs.

7) Sort of answered up here ^, it probably won't happen but I uh... plan on doing some sort of gameshow-like event, don't know if it will be official or popular but we'll see.

8) I've actually asked this question! If you scroll a bit on here https://nerd.nu/forums/index.php?/topic/2518-what-are-some-ways-to-improve-the-creative-server/ you will see I asked that question and got some responses as well as other suggestions to improve C a bit.

I know what I said here aren't really "established" or "confirmed" but it's what I have an idea for next rev, nice questions man, I hope to see them answered by someone who really knows!

6) & 11) Users can make and run events, make and produce videos.

9) There's not much to say, and it'll never be high priority.

10) Ideally with a plugin to not affect redstone, like Cork. Possibly with a plugin to respect region borders, like Glacier.

Edited by tobylane

Thanks for the responses, yeah sirtaco I was wondering if anything had been finalised on item drops yet. In terms of the blog not been a high priority, I agree it should not be on top of the list of things to do, but it shouldn't be at the bottom, it would be a useful asset for achieving a better player staff relationship. In terms of plugins being able to prevent redstone being destroyed by flowing water and flowing water being able to go into other player's builds that is what is causing it to be banned just now so if we can fix that then there really shouldn't be a reason to have it banned, I guess it could still destroy flowers in someone's build but then again I forget if you can roll back flowing water or not or if you could modify the Cork plugin to prevent it damaging other things in game.

1) Will there be randomly generated structures such as villages and strongholds?

Yes.  I personally have only seen one village and I haven't gone looking for strongholds, but I did see a desert temple thing and I'm sure more exist.

2) Will we have a set reset date for the revision like the type Kittypuppet suggested?

We have no set reset day planned.   However, that discussion was just started and we haven't decided not to do it yet- we just haven't done it.

Yep, both those are in there.

Dumbo made a custom pet plugin that lets you spawn your own (non-aggressive) mobs.  They're your animals, you control them and nobody else can hurt them much like his SafeHorses plugin works on C now.   It has some other fun features, but I was keeping those a surprise.

5) Spawn has two exits but we have cardinal roads, are there just the two roads or have we got 4 roads?

There are 4 roads.   Cardinal roads, as they apply to most revs, are usually arrow straight and just cut through everything.  This rev we're trying something different- These roads are like actual roads and twist and turn around geography.   They're designed for realism, and for giving players all over the map something to connect their cities to at the start of the rev.

I have already admitted that I'm not much of an event guy, but I haven't seen anyone else step up with a plan.  If someone does I'll do everything in my power to support them.

Speed Building is one of the most popular things on C- I know last rev Dumbo made the stadium and he may be busy with other crap this rev, but someone will make one I'm sure.   There will be Speed Building contests.

I've discussed this with the techs after it was brought up and I don't think there were any major issues with doing it brought up, but it hasn't been tested yet.   I've basically been getting you guys everything you asked for, be patient :)

9) Are the CAdmins going to make a blog on updates for creative or just general points about what their plans for C are each week/two weeks?

Uh, I wasn't really planning on it.  I was planning on doing a "This week on Creative" post on Reddit each week that highlighted cool shit that got built and whatever events were coming up- does that count?

10) Have you guys considered possibly unbanning flowing water at least for a trial period?

Flowing water is not banned, you just need a mod's help with placing it.  :)

The current system of player placed static water and mod placed flowing water works great, and allows the mod to make sure he is placing flowing water in a safe / protected area.   I'm all for giving players what they want, but I don't see any benefit other than fewer modreqs for giving the general server population flowing anything.  That, and its the hardest thing to clean up when griefers come calling.

• Upvote 6

Dumbo made a custom pet plugin that lets you spawn your own (non-aggressive) mobs.  They're your animals, you control them and nobody else can hurt them much like his SafeHorses plugin works on C now.   It has some other fun features, but I was keeping those a surprise.

Cool! I take it there will be a cap though per chunk?

There are 4 roads.   Cardinal roads, as they apply to most revs, are usually arrow straight and just cut through everything.  This rev we're trying something different- These roads are like actual roads and twist and turn around geography.   They're designed for realism, and for giving players all over the map something to connect their cities to at the start of the rev.

Very cool great idea :D

Uh, I wasn't really planning on it.  I was planning on doing a "This week on Creative" post on Reddit each week that highlighted cool shit that got built and whatever events were coming up- does that count?

That's exactly what I meant sorry! :)

Flowing water is not banned, you just need a mod's help with placing it.  :)

The current system of player placed static water and mod placed flowing water works great, and allows the mod to make sure he is placing flowing water in a safe / protected area.   I'm all for giving players what they want, but I don't see any benefit other than fewer modreqs for giving the general server population flowing anything.  That, and its the hardest thing to clean up when griefers come calling.

I agree it works well but it is very useful to be able to place flowing water straight away, for one it can clear grass lands quickly. Also some builds may require a tone of flowing water and it would save a tone of time if the player got to place it instead of making 500 modreqs as it progressed. Having said that yes it's a nightmare to clean up when griefer's used it however if we use the plugins toby suggested then it should lessen the workload.

12) Will moderators be allowed to use world edit to move builds and will they be able to set warps? This was discussed in a different thread in terms of lessening the load of work for the admins. If not have you guys thought of any other possibilities?

Thanks for the response jchance it's really useful!

• Upvote 1

Cool! I take it there will be a cap though per chunk?

There is a cap per player.  You'll be able to spawn X number of pets of whatever type you like but there won't be huge mob farms.   I don't know what the final number is going to be, but its going to be more than 3 and less than 100 :D

12) Will moderators be allowed to use world edit to move builds and will they be able to set warps? This was discussed in a different thread in terms of lessening the load of work for the admins. If not have you guys thought of any other possibilities?

I haven't seen any discussion about this yet, but I'm new.  I'm really only working off a couple weeks as an admin.  All the admins are working hard to get the new rev ready, so as soon as that chills out I'll ask them about it.

11) Are there any plans on using the https://www.youtube.com/user/MCPublicServers youtube channel for creative at all?

Oh, I missed this one, sorry.   We have access to the YouTube channel.  I spent like an hour last night trying to get shaders working so I could shoot a short preview of the new rev and it was an abysmal failure.   

I would like to use it more.

Oh, I missed this one, sorry.   We have access to the YouTube channel.  I spent like an hour last night trying to get shaders working so I could shoot a short preview of the new rev and it was an abysmal failure.   

You should see if NEVA is up for it looking at the video he posted on the subreddit it would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

I would be down to help

This will probably get shot down but I make music and it would be cool if my stuff could be played in some videos there hehe

What kind of music is it? 

Don't be afraid of going without shaders. A good build doesn't need em and most screencaps that used shaders that i have seen would have looked better without em IMHO

• Upvote 1

Do you have a soundcloud, or some other place where we can hear your music?

Ah yes, I have a soundcloud where I post really loud meh stuff (that some seem to like) and my expirimental/chillout alias.

I do many different types of electronic genres.

Heres the muckaround soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/projectsynapsys

With this one, it's just loud noisy electronic music, I personally do not like it.

And with this one: https://soundcloud.com/comatose-state

I do chillout/experiemental and lately I've been recording my ukulele and guitar into songs so it should be interesting and more... "live."

And If you do not like this music, I can understand, no need to make drama out of it.

Edit: Heres a piano cover I did a while ago that's private but I can share it here: https://soundcloud.com/comatose-state/linkin-park-iridescent-comatose-state-cover/s-Knx0Z I thought it could show that I can do piano stuff for "calm" videos and such.

Edited by SirTacoface
  • Upvote 1