Death due to Moderators.

Rokku117

iirc the "don't refund items lost due to game glitches" rule exists it's impossible to prove what people lost if they reported after the fact.

but if I saw a player accidentally glitch and die, I'd probably TP em back. What's the harm?

That's what I am thinking. We don't refund items or anything of the sort because we have no way to really prove what happened unless we witnessed it. If we witnesssed the fall glitch and the being stuck in a block, and they die when we teleport them then we witnessed the entire thing. If I would of rescued Rokku or any other player I would of tp'd them back to there death point because I witnessed the glitch happen. There is no reason not to teleport them back if we witnessed it.

• Upvote 2

If a player has died for reasons that Minecraft doesn't intend, IE a glitch, there should be compensation for that. 

I disagree. Everyone has to deal with glitches, it's a part of minecraft and if we have to refund everything for something that's completely out of our control then it'll all get a lot more complicated and confusing.

In the instance that Rokku presented, he died directly due to the moderators intervention. He probably would have died regardless unless someone came to dig him out, but the moderator got involved and due to the teleport out he died. I don't think we should be refunding anything either in the sense that we spawn in items, but teleporting the player back to their original location does no harm and gives no unfair advantage to that player.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. Everyone has to deal with glitches, it's a part of minecraft and if we have to refund everything for something that's completely out of our control then it'll all get a lot more complicated and confusing.

In the instance that Rokku presented, he died directly due to the moderators intervention. He probably would have died regardless unless someone came to dig him out, but the moderator got involved and due to the teleport out he died. I don't think we should be refunding anything either in the sense that we spawn in items, but teleporting the player back to their original location does no harm and gives no unfair advantage to that player.

I wouldn't say it's a part of Minecraft, it's completely unintentional and creates issues that wouldn't exist otherwise. 

I agree with what you've said in your second paragraph though. 

• Upvote 1