Jump to content
WickedCoolSteve

We will be having a staff and general community meeting on Saturday, June 15 at 1:00PM EDT

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

 

We will be hosting our next staff meeting on Mumble on Saturday, June 15th at 1pm EDT.

 

The primary objective of staff meetings is to both update staff on the state of the servers and recent changes, and encourage active communication both among the staff and with the entire player community. This also gives everyone a chance to pose the questions they've always wanted answered, and to discuss topics relevant to our community in a large group. At this particular meeting, we'll be discussing some of the new features on the servers and changes in our server tools (such as the forums). We'll also discuss some recently-written guides on how to more effectively handle particularly difficult aspects of moderating, such as xraying and PVP logging. Finally, we'll talk about how to broach the topic of advertising our servers to the world at large, and announce some upcoming events. All this and more! 

 

As always, everyone is invited to join and participate, both staff and non-staff. Initial discussion will be limited to mods and admins, but we'll open up the floor at the end to questions from players. All players and staff are welcome to PM the head admins ahead of time if there's a topic you'd like to discuss, especially if you won't be able to attend the meeting itself - we'll make sure your questions get answered. (You're welcome to talk to the head admins about issues anytime, not just staff meetings. Any of in-game/Mumble/IRC/forum PM/Reddit PM work!) These meetings generally run about 2 hours. 

 

Server admins: please be prepared to talk about recent (~last 3 months) and planned upcoming changes for your server.

 

Tech admins: please be prepared to talk about recent (~last 3 months) and planned upcoming changes to our server tools, commands, and infrastructure.

 

Mods: if you're available, please try to attend. If not, we'll post a recording of the meeting. 

 

Thanks!
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draykhar    157

Dig it. Provided my work schedule allows it, I'll be there.

 

Any way to add a link to this to the broadcast list for the next week? There's plenty of players that don't regularly check the forums, but I'm sure would be interested in this. 

 

EDIT: I'll be there.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barlimore    1090

Having checked my schedule, I'm available for this meeting. Please forward any questions about the creative server to me if you cannot make it, I'll be sharing your questions with Cyotie & Dumbo regardless of the meeting.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbo52    227

Unfortunately, I'll be on a plane to San Francisco while the meeting is going on. I'll leave my input to the discussion with Barlimore and Cyotie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnAdams1735    167

I will be recording and I am sure others will be recording as well, so hopefully everyone can catch up with that. I also hope to take notes or have someone take notes that can be put up in a google doc.

Edited by JohnAdams1735
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzinbee    162

Thanks for recording it, i'm away on a trip then so won't be able to attend sorry. If I think of anything i'd like to be brought up i'll pm a head.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barlimore    1090

I also hope to take notes or have someone take notes that can be put up in a google doc.

 

I was meaning to ask about this last night. I would be able to help with this if needed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×