I am UNP. Ask me anything.

UNP

Have you ever encountered a ghost or ufo before?

Ghost, no. UFO, maybe. Saw a really, really odd light in the sky in Canberra one time when I was visiting a girl I was busy plowing - never did manage to find out what the light was.

Is there a meaning to your username? Or is just letters, ala XKCD?

Yeah, came from a halloween party I attended over a decade ago. Everyone was shitfaced and I proclaimed myself to be "Ultimate NoPants" even though I had pants on at the time. It stuck.

• Upvote 3

I see you are 100% a P player, I didn't know that before. What town are you in, what have you built and what are your plans to do next?

Town of Geldar, created by me and c3nt, sort-of inbetween Yowie and Avalon on the south beach of the jungle biome. Little cove area.

I've built a netherwart farm, a lumber mill for oak, birch and jungle, a cave spider grinder, a 3-tier water-harvest farm, an item sorter for wood logs (throw logs in water pool, they get sorted into the appropriate chest), an auto cane farm, an auto cactus farm, a smoothstone generator, an obsidian generator that doesn't work very well thanks to blockid changes in 1.8, and I lent a hand to Sittingduxxx when she was excavating for her slime grinder.

My plans are currently on hold due to a ban. Not sure what I'm going to build next once the ban is lifted, but when the ban hit me I was gathering prismarine crystals and shards, so it's likely going to be something ocean-themed. Maybe an underwater road connecting our town to the "main" road over the sea to the south.

Ghost, no. UFO, maybe. Saw a really, really odd light in the sky in Canberra one time when I was visiting a girl I was busy plowing - never did manage to find out what the light was.

: O

Can you describe the light? What was it about the light that made it seem "really, really odd" to you? Size/distance/color/shape/etc.? Did the light move or blink or change in any way? Did you see it through a window, or were you outside at the time? Were there any unusual sounds apart from what you and the girl were making?  How long did you see it for? What time of year was this?

: O

Can you describe the light? What was it about the light that made it seem "really, really odd" to you? Size/distance/color/shape/etc.? Did the light move or blink or change in any way? Did you see it through a window, or were you outside at the time? Were there any unusual sounds apart from what you and the girl were making?  How long did you see it for? What time of year was this?

It was sort of a glowy bluish blob in the sky, it didn't look like a cloud formation. It was mid-afternoon so the sun was still up, but this thing was still clearly visible. It was stationary as far as I could tell. Initially saw it through a car window (we were out driving at the time) but rolled the window down to make sure it wasn't just some stuff on the window. It was too far away to know if there were sounds or not.

For the record, I firmly believe that there's other life in the universe besides us. Statistically speaking, the chance that there ISN'T other life is so small as to be potentially statistically unimportant. However, chances are that this thing I saw was just some weird kind of atmospheric phenomenon. There's plenty of completely weird shit that's purely terrestrial in origin - to immediately leap to "aliens" instead of going for a more grounded, more likely conclusion is idiotic.

• Upvote 1

It was sort of a glowy bluish blob in the sky, it didn't look like a cloud formation. It was mid-afternoon so the sun was still up, but this thing was still clearly visible. It was stationary as far as I could tell. Initially saw it through a car window (we were out driving at the time) but rolled the window down to make sure it wasn't just some stuff on the window. It was too far away to know if there were sounds or not.

For the record, I firmly believe that there's other life in the universe besides us. Statistically speaking, the chance that there ISN'T other life is so small as to be potentially statistically unimportant. However, chances are that this thing I saw was just some weird kind of atmospheric phenomenon. There's plenty of completely weird shit that's purely terrestrial in origin - to immediately leap to "aliens" instead of going for a more grounded, more likely conclusion is idiotic.

Neat. Thank you for sharing this.