[AC] Server Suggestion Sub-forum

Mrloud15

Hello everyone, 

I made a test post in the "Survival Suggestions" sub-forum and checked it out with another account with mod perms. The perms look to be setup right to me, so I would like to move forward with this idea. For those who don't know, the sub-forum is intended to replace the uservoices we have setup which have several drawbacks. The big thing using the sub-fourm over a uservoice would do would be to centralize everything. People would not have to create a new account to suggest something or have another website to check. 

There are a couple ways we can set this up. First, have one sub-forum where anyone can make a suggestion and use tags to filter through the ideas and let the appropriate admins handle the thread. Second, each server has its own sub-forum (maybe have a general one for the heads and techs) and let the appropriate admins handle the threads in their sub-forum. We could even pin the server's change logs in their sub-forum to help declutter the main "Minecraft Decision" forum. 

I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this, so please comment below.

I'm in favor of separate subforums for each server, plus a general one for matters that transcend server borders - makes it much easier for server admins to check which suggestions are for their server and give a timely reply. Yes to pinning changelogs.

I'm in favor of separate subforums for each server, plus a general one for matters that transcend server borders - makes it much easier for server admins to check which suggestions are for their server and give a timely reply. Yes to pinning changelogs.

Agree with scherer here as well as Mrloud. Though I have one question, where would the Event subforum be located? Would it be under 'Events' or 'Server Discussion'?

I'm actually going to go a bit off-topic here and suggest that we actually rearrange and rename the entire forum board. We are a 'Community' now and no longer one game or one server focused. This is what I propose:

News & Announcements

- Community News

- Events

Servers

- Minecraft

- Counter Strike: Global Offensive

- Whatever other game we do

Support

- Click here to appeal your ban!

- Ban Appeals

- Problems & Issues

- Suggestions

-- Creative

-- PvE

-- Survival

-- Events

The Lounge

- The Archives

-- Past Events

-- Closed Ban Appeals

- Other Games

- Off-Topic

-- /r/ama

Staff Discussions

- Mod Chat

- Private Mod Chat

-- Notes

-- Moderator Nominations

- Admin Chat

-- HR

-- Closed Admin Chat

• Upvote 3

With that layout above in mind, I'd like to toss in these new descriptions for each board:

Events: Upcoming activities in the community

Minecraft: Discussion for our minecraft servers

Ban Appeals: Currently open appeals for the servers

Problems & Issues: Technical problems with the servers or other services

Suggestions: Suggestions and ideas for the community, events, and individual servers

The Archives: Archived posts from the staff forum sections, past events, and closed ban appeals

Other Games: Discussion for other games and servers outside of nerd.nu

Mod Chat: Public staff discussions