[PMC] Staff vs Players TF2 event

SkrapssparkS

I don't really even know what TF2 is :(

Team fortress 2.

How about July 10th or 11th? That would be fine for me, and leaves a good chunk of time to plan.

I don't think it requires too much planning we should be able to get it done sooner than that if possible, however a lot of staff do seem to be going inactive in the next few weeks so maybe that would be a good date.

Guest Former Staff

Well thank you helpy mchelperton :)

Is it similar to mc? Or is it more of an fps? I am assuming it's an additional game you'd have to purchase?

Team Fortress 2 is free to play on Steam tagged as a multiplayer FPS. I've never played it either (yet!) but you can click here to view the store page. I assume there are gamemodes such as team deathmatch.

Guest Former Staff

If we get enough staff involved I think it'd be good to announce it 1 week in advance so either the 3rd or 4th

Quick, mockup announcement that came to mind:

Get your wallets out as we're looking to host a staff vs players event to settle some of our age-old disagreements such as who would win in a few rounds of Team Fortress 2 for an evening.

What? The game is free? Put your wallets away, apparently! See you in July 10th / 11th at [time]

• Team Fortress 2: Staff vs Players. A FPS game which can be downloaded for free through steam.
  • We'll be playing on July 10th / 11th at [time]
  • Meet us on mumble!
  • Confirmed staff attending so far are: [names]

I had meant to reply to this awhile ago but have been busy and apologize for that.

The TF2 Staff VS Players Event was an idea I had for Friday Night Gaming where we would host a "official" FNG and give out prizes to the winning team. Sadly though I have not had the time to do FNG lately and this idea fell through. Recently though with our expansion into new games I'd like to bring this idea back. Our CS:GO Server is expected to go live here soon alongside a CS:GO 1v1 Tournament. Depending on the success of the CS:GO Server and how much of a strain it is on our hardware we plan to look at a TF2 Server. If we do this, I would like to save this event to go alongside the launch of our TF2 Server.

As of this moment, nothing has been planned out for this event as you may notice on Trello. I intend to start fleshing out plans for this once our CS:GO Server launches.

Depending on the success of the CS:GO Server and how much of a strain it is on our hardware we plan to look at a TF2 Server. If we do this, I would like to save this event to go alongside the launch of our TF2 Server.

As of this moment, nothing has been planned out for this event as you may notice on Trello. I intend to start fleshing out plans for this once our CS:GO Server launches.

A TF2 server would still be quite some time off after we decide if CS:GO was a success or not.

I think this idea would be a great way of engaging our community with a fun event while we begin to branch into other games

• Upvote 2