[PMC] New toy on PvE for mods!

Silversunset01

All praise redwall_hp, master of liquid!

Before the rev start redwall built this really nifty thing that allows you to flow liquids *within a selection* rather than using the waterbucket. Admins have been testing it, and as of today mods are now able to flow water/lava using the command /sb flowsel

The max size of the selection you are allowed to flow is 30x30x1 (or 900 blocks in any other configuration). If you try to select an area that is bigger you'll get an error message and it wont allow the flow. 

Just be careful, there is no *undo* for this function, use the same care you would with the water bucket. This is very useful for flowing floating water or ponds (ahem*guardian grinders*ahem). But be careful - flowing 30x30 in a grinder *can* cause a little bit lag so just be cautious when you use it for that purpose. Since the lag issue has been pretty much fixed I haven't seen an issue, just a point to note.

Below is a preview of how it looks. Feel free to pop under spawn to /warp testarea if you'd like to test it in safety!

rXbgtFj.gif

• Upvote 4

the physics are not any different than they are now (water will flow exactly the same), the only change is that you can flow a selection rather than having to click a bucket. I like it because it prevents me from placing the water in the wrong spot or having to break/place blocks in order to flow against something (or find it in a wall somewhere). 

i made some test containers at the warp, go play with it a bit there if you want before you start using it.  It also means that /i water doesn't really need to work anymore :)

So this just performs //replace 9 8?

Seems redundant if that's all it does.

Why do you think that? Moderators don't have access to WE on P. We've been using buckets, so this made things a lot easier. Note this is on P, not C.

So this just performs //replace 9 8?

Seems redundant if that's all it does.

Safebuckets is entirely separate from the 9/8 data value divide - there's a separate listing of blocks to keep non-flowing (those placed by players) in the safebuckets database. The new command moves a large grouping of block locations from non-flowing to flowing en masse, rather than clicking on them one by one.