A pet peeve of mine.

xTheHundreds

On the nerd.nu front page creative and pve have new images that rotate, and I asked Mrloud15 about this and it was on his list to do (back around late December early January) and GetaFever also brought it up again in the subreddit a month or so ago, so I've been wondering is Survival ever going to get some new images instead of the same old image that wasn't even from the survival server. So I was wondering if there has been any headway on this issue, that's all.

• Upvote 8

Mrloud is working on taking suggestions from the other thread to make renders of, but it takes time. If you'd like to help speed the process up, download Chunky, download the revs suggested, and make some renders. The renders need to be cropped down to 880px wide by 180px tall. Once you have some renders, feel free to post them in the old thread, or here in this thread, or PM them to Mrloud or myself.

Mrloud is working on taking suggestions from the other thread to make renders of, but it takes time. If you'd like to help speed the process up, download Chunky, download the revs suggested, and make some renders. The renders need to be cropped down to 880px wide by 180px tall. Once you have some renders, feel free to post them in the old thread, or here in this thread, or PM them to Mrloud or myself.

I already have Chunky installed, so I figured i'd give this a go. I ran through the suggestions already given and found that trying to capture cities/lone towers/quirky-shaped builds is incredibly difficult to do nicely, so I tried and gave up with a number of them :/ I'm going to do a few more later on as I got a better hang of adjusting the lighting and camera angles with these last few and they look far better than some of my original attempts (which were on different builds).

H7dSTjd.png

ivP2C3D.png

kPiicLD.png

6jCBakS.png

6hCNnpJ.png

(p.s. Sanctuary is so goddamn beautiful, I could render it all out of pure admiration.)

• Upvote 6

Here are the last few I ended up rendering:

Pz3Z73f.png

0GpFh3M.png

XZS94UJ.png

n0PKAcP.png

I noticed that most of the other ones were relatively 'busy' looking, so I thought i'd include a few that gave a better idea of the differences in builds you usually find on the server (i.e. both cities and individual bases). Ended up scrapping the attempts at some of the other suggested builds as I couldn't get the angles I wanted and i'd already made plenty of these as is :P

Had a couple of people ask me about using Chunky earlier, so i'm hoping this means that we'll see more renders of others' favourite builds pretty soon :)

• Upvote 4

Thanks for the images! I've added them to the site :)

Thank you! :D

This one didn't turn out as bad

Ah i'm so glad you could get a nice picture of your base! I had a lot of trouble trying to get an image of it and that was one of the ones I really thought should be included :)

• Upvote 1