Survival Revival: Take it old school.

PeteLucas

I have heard rumors of players planning to purposefully try to break the coming rev, to exploit any loophole as much as possible, and honestly, it makes me sad to see players planning on trying to destroy Survival, a server that I love and care about. That attitude will do nothing to help the server long term or short.

Who? The most I've heard is Randomdoor saying he was gonna "wreck the rev", but that was an obvious metaphor meaning that he was gonna enjoy it completely and thoroughly. Other than that, I've only seen comments from players stating that they will play the game the way it is designed to be played.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wreck&defid=2788362

-gsand

;D

• Upvote 2

Who? The most I've heard is Randomdoor saying he was gonna "wreck the rev", but that was an obvious metaphor meaning that he was gonna enjoy it completely and thoroughly. Other than that, I've only seen comments from players stating that they will play the game the way it is designed to be played.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wreck&defid=2788362

-gsand

;D

He did clarify this in his appeal almost two years ago. Other than that I haven't heard any rumors; there were also rumors that 4chan was going to destroy the pve server. Nothing happened, and if I were you I wouldn't be so worried over rumors.

Loyalty should be rewarded, even if its just allowing them to get on a soap box once and a while.

I personally wouldn't mind aiming to be a mod or admin one day.

But you need people to vote for you but I'm not online enough. Not playing with the popular kids. And so on.

Edited by PeteLucas
  • Upvote 2

Such as? I cant think of any "survival veterans" who would think any of the changes make any logical sense at all. All of the do nothing but discourage player interaction. Citadel? Hidden underground bases. No end chest? Less traveling. Prison pearl? Not useful at all for a PVP server. Random spawns? because fuck logical center of the map spawn points.

I feel like if these changes stay S will turn into PVE

I was very surprised by how much those ideas were accepted in the mumble meeting. I believe you were banned at the time, there should be a soundcloud of it. Pve is the one attracting players, if the active players (and a few pretenders) said yes to all those things knowing they came from a Civ server then it's a happy coincidence to become ever so slightly more like Pve.

Pete it's good you have a lot to say but please don't go too far into attacking people or saying it's like a real war.

I'm not attacking people. AMD it isn't like a real war. I only made that comparative as a means of stirring up some anarchy ha.

Basically I really care about this server and remained on this server (and almost only this server) for so many years because of how it was built.

I loved the LWC and safe bucket mods. The rules were great. Perhaps don't be a dick was loose. But otherwise it was amazing.

I thought that enchanting on weapons was unnecessary. Especially with a plump as you either PvP with no armour or a fully enchanted armour set. So why not take out the unnecessary step of adding the enchants. Just buff the base stats.

But seeing the server change so drastically away from what the previous 24 (25 if you count the PvP killing rev of random spawns and no roads) were like, it makes me wonder why I would to stay. Its not the server the existing user base has been playing.

Its like buying a chocolate brand for years and enjoying it. Sure maybe its a little samey and you may not buy it for a month. But you still enjoy it. Then the company making it suddenly say "Now it has raisins and coffee flavours!". They don't rebrand it as NOW WITH RAISINS AND COFFEE. Just allow people to have been pretty warned at that one press conference they did. People will buy this chocolate and take a bite and think "What the shit is this!?" Other may quite like the alteration. But you can't expect the peoples response to be overwhelmingly positive. You've got a hold of the ball and rather run with it and continuing to play. You've decided to kick it over the fence to the other people playing a different game.

• Upvote 1

I think you need to give it more time. If a couple months down the line we're still dropping players then fine, we can go back to oldschool survival. However, I'd like to play with decent numbers even if that means sacrificing the gameplay I've known for years.

• Upvote 1

In my eyes, this isn't a successful revision. 
Why? Because it isn't sustainable.
For once we have high numbers, but that's due to another server joining us for a limited time. The CivCraft players aren't here to stay, and so it isn't a long-term success. I'm not saying this is a failed revision, it would've been nice to try it as our own population, but all I really see is regulars being talked down to.
The actual gameplay, I'm enjoying that quite a lot, but the incessant shit being hurled around in chat is really starting to piss the regulars off, and I'm failing to see how this is a good sign. All I've seen them do so far is talk shit, and in Slugfrompluto's leaving post on the subreddit they were fucking disgusting. 

Edited by EeHee2000

The actual gameplay, I'm enjoying that quite a lot, but the incessant shit being hurled around in chat is really starting to piss the regulars off, and I'm failing to see how this is a good sign. All I've seen them do so far is talk shit, and in Slugfrompluto's leaving post on the subreddit they were fucking disgusting. 

All of those comments have been deleted after you mention them, lol. I hope they are keeping chat appropriate, id hate to see a CivCraft player get banned for inappropriate chat like i did.

• Upvote 1