Post CTF plug dj event

SkrapssparkS

Right well I think once CTF finishes we could calm things down (maybe not) with a plug dj event. I'm not entirely sure what the official nerd.nu gaming community plug.dj channel is however I do own the mcpublic one, so we could use that. I will ask people to moderate it. Post below any type of music you are into and we could set some themes up from it e.g. for 1 hour we are having cheesy glam rock playing or electro. As this isn't an official nerd.nu gaming community event there are no rules apart from don't be a nob on it. I'll get the people who are moderating it to skip inappropriate songs ect, but generally there will be a lot of freedom to chose from in terms of what to play. This will occur right after the CTF so put your ideas in as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

To join plug dj you should go to plug.dj/mcpublic, if you haven't got an account sign up for one, there will be instructions on screen to get you set up properly, if you still are having trouble contact someone that is moderating plug.dj for some extra assistance. For those that don't know plug dj is a website that allows you to take turns playing music (1 song each) then you join the end of the que and you get to listen to a whole load of different music chosen by the other people in the dj list. There are a few things you will need to get to know about plug dj in terms of how it works if you are struggling give me a message i'd be very happy to help you out. Also a list of the names I have so far that will be moderating this event are as follows: Excessivetoker, fathersouth, minotaur, Hollifer, cmdrtebok, zburdsal and switchviews.

Guest Former Staff

I would usually move this topic straight over to the past events forum however given the nature of this DJ webpage still being open to use, it could be worth considering running this as a weekly event.

Possibly themed nights (as discussed in previous replies to the topic here), ending in an free for all choice towards the end. Would that interest you to organise SkrapssparkS?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Former Staff

I'm not entirely sure what the official nerd.nu gaming community plug.dj channel is however I do own the mcpublic one,

Zburdsal has got around to creating https://plug.dj/nerdnu/ for everyone to use. Drags us out of the past from our reddit public days, permissions are in the process of being set up / adding people to moderate (feel free to contact me if you need permission to moderate).

I'd like to be added to the perms I take it regular server rules are in place for plug dj, if that is the case could we talk about how we are going to handle banned people from plug sh on our servers? Also how about we host a plug dj event every month on the last day of the month instead of grabbing date feedback each time?

I'd be happy to add any staff as staff to the plug room, and have been doing so as I see them. Additionally barlimore and geb_ are also co-hosts, I had planned to make everyone one but apparently there can only be 2, and they well... got there first haha.

So that means if any staff wants staff on there as well just catch one of us three, hop on, and we'll add you :)