Survival Rev29 Update

LadyRavenOwl

Greetings battlers!

I apologize for the lack of communication.  First off, another announcement, though he is still listed as such.  rtr69 has decided to step down from Survival admin and back to moderator. We appreciate the time he spent working with us and the community, you can still see him occasionally in game doing your modreqs.

As said, things we’re going to keep:

• Economy (though revamped with new aspects including auction etc)
  • Lottery
  • Mob Arena
  • Horse locking (thanks to c45y this has been revamped)
  • Landmarks
  • Player Arena
  • The Shop (with customizable spaces)
  • Chests will not auto lock
  • Reduced XP

Changes to look forward to:

• Smaller map
  • Back to normal nether (mostly, will keep obsidian spikes if possible)
  • Bringing back pearl cooldown
  • Removing strength II (due to all the issues with it) (also because dat shit cray)
  • Spawn will be built as a community
  • Beds will no longer set your spawn point
  • More PvP incentive through Economy
  • Weekly SAL fights occurring on different days of the week (points from this revision will be carrying over to next revision)
  • Bulletin board at spawn for player ads
  • 100-150 block square buffer zone from spawn to prevent chunks constantly loaded
  • Community farm inside spawn for new players
  • The way shops are done
  • Unsafe buckets for sale in the shop (griefing with them will be a bannable offense)
  • Buyable XP from the server shop

Due to some map hiccups and such, we are launching on June 19th.  Spawn winners are a combination of c45y's spawn and Bluuefuzzy's shop.  Gorgeous designs, thank you for your hard work.

We are looking to put Survival into Chaos as soon as technically possible.  c45y has graced us with a new plugin to try to give Chaos a new twist, more will be posted by him when configuration occurs.  Cheers.

• Upvote 3

Will there be new survival admins?  Your recent lack of communication isn't solved simply by this post.  We went from 6 quickly to 2 and the 2 aren't giving any attention to the server or the players.  Why would I trust you not to waste my time?

• Upvote 5

Will there be new survival admins?  Your recent lack of communication isn't solved simply by this post.  We went from 6 quickly to 2 and the 2 aren't giving any attention to the server or the players.  Why would I trust you not to waste my time?

Where did you find such facts as the survival admins aren't giving any attention to the servers or players? Don't make enemies out of people taking their time to make something fun for you,

• Upvote 1

How small will the map be?

Will increasing the grind through nerfing beds, pearls, the nether and XP have an improved payoff for investing more time? Expand on how this form of the economy plus minor tweaks like notice boards and buffer zones  will incentivise PVP or confront the elephant in the room which is ironically enough our vanishingly tiny playerbase.

It's good to get an update, but these sound more like the kind of things I'd want to see on a PVE rev than a survival one.

• Upvote 4

How was the spawn winners decided? I did not see the community vote for that contest.

I apologize.  Due to some communication errors there was never a poll put up and for the sake of time and stream lining the process since I am the one doing things, I asked Bluuefuzzy if she would be open to blending her shop with a different spawn.  Not how I wanted things to go but it's how they ended up.  I will try to incorporate your build into spawn as well Wozdaka, I will have more information for you via PM when we are at the pasting in process.

• Upvote 2

How small will the map be?

Will increasing the grind through nerfing beds, pearls, the nether and XP have an improved payoff for investing more time? Expand on how this form of the economy plus minor tweaks like notice boards and buffer zones  will incentivise PVP or confront the elephant in the room which is ironically enough our vanishingly tiny playerbase.

It's good to get an update, but these sound more like the kind of things I'd want to see on a PVE rev than a survival one.

It'll increase pvp in a way we've never seen or thought of before. It'll have more players interested in it than factions and every other pvp game mode combined!

Edited by gsand
  • Upvote 2

In the upcoming Revision 29, could you possibly change the kit. Almost every revision its the vanilla kit which takes some time to enchant espically the sharp 5 sword. Perhaps going back to Revision 27's kit even with its major insta damage downfall? 

• Upvote 1

A kit that I've found works well, while at the same time being simple:

Max Sharpness at 3
Max Protection at 2
Max Strength at 1
No Inst Damage or Poison
Nerf effects of golden apples

EDIT:

An added bonus of this kit is that, unlike with Prot 4/Sharp 5 + regen, your armor isn't completely broken when you die.  So the loot you pick up off your kills is actually worth something.

Edited by roastnewt
  • Upvote 6