Creative Revision 26: Official Feedback Thread

LetsBFehr

Hey everyone!

Creative Revision 26 has officially launched and I hope you're all having fun!  This thread is just for any feedback your guys want to give us about the current revision.  We would love to hear what you like, don't like, what could be improved, or what you would like to see more of.  Your feedback is what makes Creative a better place because we are listening, so I really encourage you to post your thoughts so we can get the feedback we need!

Thanks!

-LetsBFehr

• Upvote 3

I like the natural generation, it gives good personality to the map.

The map is really small though, i heard it was going to expand. Is it true?

Spawn city needs to have its intentions published and announced. Right now its a massive area that has some roads near the middle, but not a lot near the edges.

• Upvote 2

Ok to start off, EXTREMELY well done guys this is a truly amazing revision! You have emphasised the point that creative is not only for building but is also for exploring. The spawn is interesting and the hidden rooms are run to try and find. The spawn city has a new take using marting's road designs and looks nice even when empty! The natural terrain is beautiful exposing many possibilities for builds and excellent for themed builds. The trees also allows for more build satisfaction as the flat terrain isn't handed to you on a plate. Finally the map size being small leads for builds to be closer together, I feel this will strongly bring out a sense of community for the server and I hope to see a lot more builds made cooperatively. I also like the room you have left at spawn which is designed for a contest winner, that is a great plan it'd be really cool to have a room in that spawn! worth a big effort in a contest imo!

Some ideas I'd like considered:

- I would very much like to see /place brought to creative, this like /warp will be used to show nice builds/cities but it makes it so people can walk there/fly there instead of just teleporting. This would be useful for many things eg if someone was making a road they could /place the place that they are building their road to and get a better sense of direction than they would if they just went on coords.

- I'd also like to see for future revisions hidden portals within the map itself so people can search for them at the start of the rev and claim one as their own. This doesn't mean removing a /warp nether it just adds something for people to look for to have a more unique build. I'd say have 4 portals one for each quadrant of the map.

- I don't know how much this has been discussed but I like the idea of enabling ender pearls for player use, a timer should be added to them though to prevent spam but they would encourage travel by walking and pearling instead of just flying everywhere.

Going on what Diff suggested, I would be hesitant for this due to the fact that there would be a large wave of modreqs asking for these and flying around would end up spamming your chat as you flew over different people's builds. A compromise for this however would be to treat it similarly but not as strictly as warp requests, if the build is of a certain standard then they would be able to have a message flag for their build. Thoughts?

Anyway thank you very much for this revision it clearly has had a lot of thought gone into it and the ideas of players has been taken into account. Well done! 

• Upvote 2

Spawn city needs to have its intentions published and announced. Right now its a massive area that has some roads near the middle, but not a lot near the edges.

I don't understand what you mean by the middle and the edge. But anyway, about spawn city, the first protection was a cuboid which caused that some land that wasn't in spawn city was protected. I refined the protection yesterday, it now covers the area on this map.

0eNnsWj.jpg

The University district is not open yet since I'm not done setting it up. You can also see the areas for future plots, which may be added depending on the popularity of spawn city. The area directly south of spawn is a priority and will be set up and prettied up soon.

• Upvote 1

SextDexy here, I like it so far, 

Good- Big Water Bodies are back, some new beautiful features, spawn is nice, new fresh feeling

Bad- Too much grass and trees in plains

Ugly- It's too rocky, there isn't any huge part of flat land.

Overall a great revision so far, look forward to the rest.

According to Nick, pixel art is meant to be built on the mountain sides, not in the valley itself.

The pixel art is intended to be against the sides of the valley so that players can run through the valley and see it all, however everyone has just started building right across the entire valley blocking the path.

Haha pixelart has never been a very ordered warp :P 

It's so damn easy to do so, just move them, it's literally a one block wide image that can be rotated. and placed in order to make the warp look a million times nicer AND give others more room.

It's so damn easy to do so, just move them, it's literally a one block wide image that can be rotated. and placed in order to make the warp look a million times nicer AND give others more room.

It's always slightly hilarious to see one massive build going the wrong direction, shadowing all the smaller ones. 

When you think about the number of builds in the map that aren't in the correct place or aren't done quite right, moving them all would not be easy at all. There are 3 creative admins that can do that job and a lot of builds that need it. We don't want to make the creative admins have to spend all their time moving pixel arts of mario about the place.

• Upvote 1