Allow new blocks on PvE for next revision!

CROCKODUCK

Hello everyone!  This is mostly directed towards the PvE Admins, but anyone who wants to comment feel free.  As we all know, minecraft often times has uncraftable blocks that can really only be used in creative.  Well, Survival admins have added things such as the ability to craft Horse Saddles and Armour in order to add fun and interesting ways to play the game.  Well I am here to push for the Adding of block 43:8 which is a double stoneslab step that is not craftable as of this moment on PvE Nuum3m4.jpg

My reasoning for this addition is it can be used in different ways, and has a very different look from stone slabs, as seen here mt9CTHc.png

and is just one of many steps to improve gameplay on PvE that we can add!

The crafting recipe could be something like this Zlvi4NH.jpg

or this rCJUUQh.jpg

and would make it easy to build and add to the game.  Thoughts below are appreciated!  Thank you! 

• Upvote 13

Good idea. Also, I was thinking about adding tnt (pls read the rest) to PvE, or at the least, TnT minecarts? They have more uses than just griefing, and since creepers don't do any damage I don't know why we aren't allowd to place it in the first place. I like to use it on singleplayer to 'splode large amounts of mobs in one area, or at (for example) an enderman farm, to speed up the xp gain and reduce clicking.

• Upvote 2

I'm all for this, and implementing such a system is not without precedent. In previous revs before PvE added overworld glowstone generation, some revs implemented trade signs offering trades like 1 stack of gravel -> 1 glowstone block. These systems were usually implemented after the nether was depleted, and also usually required a reasonably significant endeavor to reach (usually some sort of dangerous obstacle course or whatnot). Similar trade sign systems were also used at various points in the past to allow players to obtain circlestone, IIRC.

Similarly, we also had craftable horse armor and saddles and whatnot in the latter half of Rev11, when horses were introduced after the map had already been generated pre-horse items. 

Jllm, griefing is not the only reason TNT is banned on PvE. TNT can also be used to slay large numbers of players, which is an absolute violation of the no-PvP nature of PvE. 

• Upvote 3

Good idea. Also, I was thinking about adding tnt (pls read the rest) to PvE, or at the least, TnT minecarts? They have more uses than just griefing, and since creepers don't do any damage I don't know why we aren't allowd to place it in the first place. I like to use it on singleplayer to 'splode large amounts of mobs in one area, or at (for example) an enderman farm, to speed up the xp gain and reduce clicking.

The problems with this is it can have impact on the server performance (I.E: lots of TNT explodes at once) so for now I am just sticking to requesting decoration blocks be added in this thread. 

• Upvote 1

I've wanted that (43:8) for a long time.  In a similar vein, I think this would also be nice:

e7bWUBq.png

It adds a bit of convenience without changing the resource cost of placing doubled slabs in the world.

Edited by totemo
  • Upvote 3

I've wanted that (43:8) for a long time.  In a similar vein, I think this would also be nice:

e7bWUBq.png

It adds a bit of convenience without changing the resource cost of placing doubled slabs in the world.

is that crafting result picture supposed to just be like if I double stacked slabs? or is it supposed to be the double stoneslab 43:8?

The problems with this is it can have impact on the server performance (I.E: lots of TNT explodes at once) so for now I am just sticking to requesting decoration blocks be added in this thread.

Yeah it's just an idea, but large amounts of tnt would only be used to blow up land, which hypothetically would not be possible on PvE. Just to esplode some monsters or cows wouldn't be so bad, I think

• Upvote 1

Jill pls, Poe's law is in play here.

And I agree with Rokku and totemo. Just because we're introducing this non-vanilla block doesn't mean it should have a steep price. This is stone after all. Making the price too high would be a disservice to those of us who build more aesthetically.

Edited by Aypop

While I like this idea, the only problem I see with this is dopplegangers. Right now the way we produce non craftable blocks is that you kill a doppleganger. If we allow crafting of these blocks then it takes away part of the reward that you get for killing a doppleganger. Sure you would still get the blocks but it won't be as rare as you could just buy them now.

• Upvote 1

Jill pls, Poe's law is in play here.

And I agree with Rokku and totemo. Just because we're introducing this non-vanilla block doesn't mean it should have a steep price. This is stone after all. Making the price too high would be a disservice to those of us who build more aesthetically.

Call me uncultured, but I don't think I'm familiar with poe's law. Pls

Then make doppelgangers drop something else, I spent three stacks of diamond blocks just to decorate my house this Rev. I know that lukerocks01 has been building his town roads out of cracked stone and either not having Diamonds from trading or time to mine enough has been detrimental to his roads scheme. I would like to see a change in the doppelganger system so that Diamond poor folks have a chance to build with the materials they wanna use.

Call me uncultured, but I don't think I'm familiar with poe's law. Pls

Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

• Upvote 2

I've been trying to push TNT blocks for a while now. Was waiting for the mumble meeting(still waiting on a date for that btw) to bring it up in detail but here works too I guess. There's pretty much little reason to not add them at this point. C currently implements a plugin that renders TNT activation via redstone and fire impossible, and iirc WorldGuard prevents TNT from doing any block damage anyways. If for some reason in the unlikely event it was activated, it would presumably only cause damage to players and entities(I think it might be possible to disable that too), and the staff could easily treat it like any other player trap. It's not like there aren't numerous other easier ways of "PvP"ing other players, such as using flint and steel or a lava bucket, and both of those are allowed because most players are responsible enough not to do that because it violates the rules. The only other argument I heard against allowing it was that players might use it to grief their build post rev. I also think that's also silly, because if someone wanted their build griefed they could do it while the rev was still going. I think most people appreciate their work enough not to grief it. It's not like we can't at least try it for a rev and see what the effects are.

In regards to the smooth stone slabs, I like the idea of giving them a crafting recipe. Under the same vein smooth sandstone should also be allowed. Back in rev 7 they were possible to obtain via block transmuters and were incredibly popular as a building block. Currently I'm too reluctant to use them from doppels because it has the "too rare to use" effect. I also think an interesting block to look into would be burning furnace, which could be used as a replacement block for at least one of the doppelganger slots. It makes for a very useful lighting block for some builders, and despite the name doesn't burn things infinitely(the fuel portion is handled via a separate NBT data). 

• Upvote 1

While I like this idea, the only problem I see with this is dopplegangers. Right now the way we produce non craftable blocks is that you kill a doppleganger. If we allow crafting of these blocks then it takes away part of the reward that you get for killing a doppleganger. Sure you would still get the blocks but it won't be as rare as you could just buy them now.

I agree with the usage of doppels for things like mossy stone brick because those items have associated value because they're so rare (strongholds/dungeons). For things like stone double slabs, where the ingredients are common on the map and rarity is not an issue, I don't see much use bottlenecking the ability to acquire them. 

First off, this SHOULD NOT at all be a difficult item to produce... It's not a fancy block like circle stone or diamond blocks, therefore there is no reason to consider a doppelgänger drop. Second, can we please possibly create a new thread for TNT as it has nothing to do with this thread. Trying to keep this a focused discussion lads.

• Upvote 2

Second, can we please possibly create a new thread for TNT as it has nothing to do with this thread. Trying to keep this a focused discussion lads.

I was under the impression that the thread was titled "allow new blockS on pve for next revision". So far only 1 block was brought up. And smooth stone slabs are not new to minecraft. 

What I suggested would essentially only render tnt a decorative block. But whatever, it's your thread, so I'll drop it.

I was under the impression that the thread was titled "allow new blockS on pve for next revision". So far only 1 block was brought up. And smooth stone slabs are not new to minecraft.

What I suggested would essentially only render tnt a decorative block. But whatever, it's your thread, so I'll drop it.

Looks like I fucked up again. Let's talk about smooth stone pls

People need to post or PM topics. We have very little to go on at the moment. We'd love to have a meeting, but we're not going to call everyone together to talk for 5 to 10 minutes.

Whatever happened to that Google form that asked for suggestions awhile back.  I remember submitting one, but I dont believe there was ever a meeting or discussion about what was all submitted.

As for the smooth slab blocks.  I think it'd be pretty cool to have them, although with a slightly easier recipe.  I think using half slabs makes the most sense, but I think 4 half slabs in a 2x2 grid should give you 2 smooth slab blocks.  

• Upvote 1

Jllm, griefing is not the only reason TNT is banned on PvE. TNT can also be used to slay large numbers of players, which is an absolute violation of the no-PvP nature of PvE. 

In the same way, creeper eggs do that too, yet we've had those available during some events. People have been banned for using those improperly. The only difference between creeper eggs and TnT is that creeper eggs, when placed, will cause the creepers to explode almost instantly.

Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

grazie