Should staff members be voted in by the WHOLE community? (IE: a public vote)

nevastop

Should staff members be voted in by the WHOLE community?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should staff members be voted in by the WHOLE community?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should nominations be handled differently?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Should mods only have powers on one server, and only be voted on by that one servers staff?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only voted on by home servers staff, but still has cross-server powers.

...the current system we have where being PvE based is by far more beneficial than being Creative/Survival based...

In the impromptu voting thread in server discussion, the opposite appears to be happening. And your complaint about improper "No" votes could only even potentially be addressing a couple of people - a tiny percentage compared to the historical trend.

In the impromptu voting thread in server discussion, the opposite appears to be happening. And your complaint about improper "No" votes could only even potentially be addressing a couple of people - a tiny percentage compared to the historical trend.

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of staff that simply vote "No" on every single person they don't speak to or know. 

I'm trying not to name anyone here, but the people in question aren't really helping the servers with their close-minded way of voting. Take a scroll through the past few voting threads and you'll see exactly who/what I'm talking about. 

I can agree with you that Creative is doing pretty well in the current thread, but that doesn't change the fact that it's easier to get a moderator position as a PvE player - if you want my reasoning behind that, check the past 5 votes and possibly even past that. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but there are plenty of staff that simply vote "No" on every single person they don't speak to or know. 

I'm trying not to name anyone here, but the people in question aren't really helping the servers with their close-minded way of voting. Take a scroll through the past few voting threads and you'll see exactly who/what I'm talking about. 

I can agree with you that Creative is doing pretty well in the current thread, but that doesn't change the fact that it's easier to get a moderator position as a PvE player - if you want my reasoning behind that, check the past 5 votes and possibly even past that. 

The previous voting round was the first one to introduce the "Don't know enough" option. Prior to that, the "No" option covered that category. Looking at that round and this one, there are only 4 people out of more than 30 voters who could be claimed to 'simply vote "No" on every single person they don't speak to or know' - this is assuming that none of them have a good reason to vote no.

Proportionally speaking, it was not necessarily easier to "get a moderator position" as a PvE player since during those past 5 votes stretching back to April 2013 (with an average of 2.5-4 months between votes) PvE's population had a larger average than the other two servers. In the past 5 voting threads, 19 out of 44 individual nominees (43%) have been PvE-primary players. Across that time, I suspect that PvE's total average share of the population was larger than that.

• Upvote 1

you try to hard

Holy shit, this thread is getting intense.

Please stop with the "US vs Them" mentality, folks.

It's ridiculous.

-gsand

So.. seven downvotes for quickly trying something different. It's intense because we're going over the same ground as before, where there was no answer some people were happy with.