MCPublic General Meeting #1 - Time & Agenda

Mrloud15

Back to the topic at hand, I feel like donation perks would be best discussed in the second meeting, as for many the answers for those questions would depend a lot on the financial state of the server which we as of yet know very little about until perhaps after the meeting. Also, can we talk about adding a "other games" section to the forum, perhaps with subforums for the most popular ones? After all, we already have a gaming section in the mumble server.

• Upvote 2

I feel like donation perks would be best discussed in the second meeting, as for many the answers for those questions would depend a lot on the financial state of the server which we as of yet know very little about until perhaps after the meeting.

donor perks isn't one of the topics, unless you consider a badge on the forums or tag in-game a perk. I'm not really sure how the question of allowing badges on the forums or in-game depends on the financial state of the server to any strong degree. I can see the logic in grouping the subjects together since they both deal with money. They also fit with the third topic of badges or flair for competition/event winners. I see no strong reason to rearrange the agendas when we have a workable one now.

• Upvote 1

Not sure yet, but I would like to have it soon.

My question is whether this will be a repeat of the survival meeting where two meetings were held in different timezones. If it's a follow-up meeting that's at least a few days after the first one, that's fine. If it's the same meeting happening with different players, I'd like to know. If you've got more than one meeting planned you must surely know what the intent of the 2nd meeting is, right?

My objection to the timezone-split meetings is that it was impossible to build consensus knowing the discussion has either already started elsewhere, or will be rehashed later.

Also lol @ everyone flipping shit over gifs. It was a bad topic to start a gif chain (being an announcement of a meeting that multiple people have asked for and something that requires discussion) but it is **NOT A BIG DEAL**. Just let the posts get deleted and get on with your lives.

• Upvote 3

donor perks isn't one of the topics, unless you consider a badge on the forums or tag in-game a perk. I'm not really sure how the question of allowing badges on the forums or in-game depends on the financial state of the server to any strong degree. I can see the logic in grouping the subjects together since they both deal with money. They also fit with the third topic of badges or flair for competition/event winners. I see no strong reason to rearrange the agendas when we have a workable one now.

Yeah, depending on how badly the server needs donations I'll be more or less in favor of having non-gameplay perks, donator badges and such. If we're floating alone fine then I don't see why we need to have any perks, badges, or anything else at all for donators, but if we're cutting it close to the margins ever donation drive then I'd be in favor of whatever that can make people donate more to the servers as long as it doesn't give players an in-game edge.

I will be recording a video of this meeting to post on our YouTube page, which I think should help anyone wanting to follow along afterwards with the text chat as well.

Now on to the website. I have indeed started working on a new website, I can answer more during the meeting but here is my general plan. Initially I will use our existing design and add more functionality using the Symfony framework (i use this a lot professionally so I am comfortable with it). Once it gets fairly stable (real ban appeals, player profiles, modreqs, mail, messaging etc) wise I will then begin to actually implement a new graphical design for it. I work with a few graphic designers who have said they would help out. I will be presenting the design we come up with at some point and if anyone would like to also submit a design or critic what I come up with I am all for it.

• Upvote 4

Again, why no mic? I'm not going to intently watch what will surely be a 1 hour + long video just so I can get the gist of the meeting if I missed it.

Or, am I not reading this correctly and there will be a lead with a mic and the video is purely supplementary?

Edited by Jauris
  • Upvote 1

Again, why no mic? I'm not going to intently watch what will surely be a 1 hour + long video just so I can get the gist of the meeting if I missed it.

Or, am I not reading this correctly and there will be a lead with a mic and the video is purely supplementary?

I agree, while I'll likely watch the vid either way, it would be nice to just put the meeting on in the back ground as I study or do something else without completely watching the screen.

• Upvote 1

Personally I find it a bit.. unprofessional, not to use a mic in a mumble meeting.

Though that's just me.

Or is it going to be lead by someone using a mic?

Edited by kittypuppet
  • Upvote 1

My question is whether this will be a repeat of the survival meeting where two meetings were held in different timezones. If it's a follow-up meeting that's at least a few days after the first one, that's fine. If it's the same meeting happening with different players, I'd like to know. If you've got more than one meeting planned you must surely know what the intent of the 2nd meeting is, right?

My objection to the timezone-split meetings is that it was impossible to build consensus knowing the discussion has either already started elsewhere, or will be rehashed later.

The two meetings will not be the same. Check here for the agenda for the second meeting.

Just in case it was missed.

yes

Why?

Because that's the way the meetings have been setup.

• Upvote 2

I do see the point in keeping the topics of the two meetings separate, but I have a feeling that the topic of donations will most likely lead to talk about advertisement, which is slotted for the 2nd meeting.

Edited by Jauris