IAmA schererererer AMAA

schererererer

Been around the servers since 2010, moderator since 2011, PAdmin 2011-2012 & 2014, and Head Admin since November 2014. You may know be from mayoring Brom or leading an Uberproject or two.

AMAA - serious questions get serious answers, everything else gets a glare of disapproval or an unhealthy dose of absurdism.

All opinions stated herein are those of the author and do not reflect an official position of the admins, moderators, or other miscellaneous staff.Batteries not included. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Do you have any ideas for future iterations of brom?

What kind of process, if any, do you use for designing your builds?

What are some of your favorite experiences/memories/builds from PvE?

How'd you first find out about nerd, and what led to you joining brom?

Was Shady Oaks ever OSHA compliant?

Would you rather fight a Dumbo sized thrawn, or a thrawn sized Dumbo?

Do you have any ideas for future iterations of brom?

What kind of process, if any, do you use for designing your builds?

What are some of your favorite experiences/memories/builds from PvE?

How'd you first find out about nerd, and what led to you joining brom?

Was Shady Oaks ever OSHA compliant?

Would you rather fight a Dumbo sized thrawn, or a thrawn sized Dumbo?

I would like to do a return to a realistic modern city a la Brom revision 9 or 10. Among my other ideas was 01, a city with ridiculously dense levels of redstone works, rail network, and auto-farms (although this would be lag central).

I actually have two highly contrasting build processes. One is mostly planned out in advance, typically very large scale structures with symmetry, often designed on a separate build server using worldedit and other tools. A few examples of this include the Uberprojects in revs 6 and 12, the Brom City Hall in rev 11, the Braum Opera House in rev 12, and the Brom Museum of Art this revision. On the other side of build style, I've more recently been using a method of composing sections of a build one facade/area at a time. Notable examples of this are various things made in Shady Oaks rev 11 and Brom Castle from revision 13, which used this on a large scale. For the Brom Castle, I started with a partial footprint and basically took segments of contrasting architectures and asymmetrically overlaid them over one another.

So many awesome memories over the years, but one in particular that stands out is the marvelous event that was the original 5K and the huge rush of challengers that truly made it an epic. I had designed the original final challenge, an intensely difficult gauntlet; unfortunately it was accidentally worldedited away by Ooer, who managed to replace it with a spiritual interpretation in time for the start of the event. In addition to the vertically oriented, open to air/void, water/lava maze we made a balcony which allowed staff and players who had completed the course to shoot arrows at challengers. The ragequits were something to behold.

I found nerd.nu through reddit, after lurking on /r/minecraft for a while, and wanted to try smp, joining survival on the first day of revision 3. Once PvE was created, I migrated over along with some people I met on survival. My joining Brom was very long in the making. I worked some with waterslide on rail in rev 1, getting to witness his ENIAC sized prototype of the CARTS computer. By revision 3 I had joined Ooer's Ashwater mansion neighborhood in the vicinity of Brom, practically a suburb, and in revision 4 I officially joined Brom, building a prominent tower and squatting in waterslide and wickedcoolsteve's attic. Brom has always been a bastion of some of the liveliest people, and a pinnacle of the best builds on the server, and I've loved being a part of it from the moment I joined.

Shady Oaks asserts its independence from oppressive OSHA regulations and directs attention to the overt safety violations of the uberproject sites.

Size matters not; thrawn's mastery of strategy would make for a difficult fight. I've gotta go with a thrawn-sized Dumbo.

How ererererer's can you er?

Many ererererer's I can er, but are you sure that for scherer to share erers is not an error?

• Upvote 2

Which do you prefer- Giant map devouring dirt blocks, or giant map flooding lava pools?

Please be detailed in your response.

Book of MCPublic, Appeals 3:19 - "for dirt thou art and unto dirt shalt thou return"

Dirt is the source of all that lives and grows, while the scourge of lava spells death and destruction. The choice is clear.

• Upvote 2

If money were put into the situation, how many thanksgiving buzzies could you consume?

Hmm, a buzzie is pretty expensive -  a delicacy in many cultures - but one leg is typically enough for a full meal. I am a voracious eater though, and would not pass by such an opportunity, so I would probably stuff myself with one whole buzzie.

How long do you have to grind to evolve into Schest? 

Up to level 65 - I'm a pseudolegendary

• Upvote 2