Sadmin community poll

Ridiculous

Who do you think would be a good sadmin?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Mrgauthier34

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
  2. 2. smdavis93

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
  3. 3. TornadoHoerse

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
  4. 4. rtr69

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
  5. 5. Cab417

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
  6. 6. LadyRavenOwl

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
    • is already event admin stupid
  7. 7. djt832

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough
  8. 8. dizney07

• YES
    • no
    • idk well enough

This informal/unimportant poll was produced by cross referencing the following sources by me without asking anyone if they minded because I'm radicool y'know this is just how I roll:

http://nerd.nu/staff/ (active staff)

http://nerd.nu/usage/survival/index.php (top 50 users)

If I've missed someone or someone doesn't want to be on the list I will try fixing it.

edit: I'm being informed of the flaws in my polling since a lot of great staff don't play much bc it's boring, but I just based it on usage STATS. Uh, if I hears someone's name pop up a lot I will add them because I'm easily swayed by peer pressure.

Edited by Ridiculous
  • Upvote 5

I feel that in this case, because the Survival community knows each other so well, whoever wants to be admin should simply step up and say so, and then their peers can choose whether or not they'll be a good fit. You obviously want someone assertive to be your admin so why not see who is really willing to help S go places?

• Upvote 1

I feel that in this case, because the Survival community knows each other so well, whoever wants to be admin should simply step up and say so, and then their peers can choose whether or not they'll be a good fit. You obviously want someone assertive to be your admin so why not see who is really willing to help S go places?

I'll do it :biggrin:

Too bad I'm persona non grata :sad:

• Upvote 3

From a completely outside of survival perspective, Tornado has a pretty decent ability for staying neutral/not exploding/not completely shutting down those with opposing views. It's a valuable skill for staff to have, regardless of where.
If use is made of that skill, he could potentially be a unifying force for what seems to many outsiders as the increasingly unstable (remnants of the) S community. Really, I don't know what happened to cause (only using these as an example of how perception is turning) all of those comment deletions/that ban, alongside the two admins stepping down, and I'm not going to ask about any of it and the details shouldn't be discussed here...but with little public knowledge, the situation looks really volatile. Calm heads can always help to settle the community.

Edited by Pyr0mrcow
  • Upvote 2

There are 3 really good choices on that list, but I'm uncomfortable with these informal polls. I feel like there needs to be some kind of sign up option for users and then a week later hosting the poll otherwise it's biasedly chosen by 1 individual.

Edited by iamdarb
  • Upvote 2

I'll do it :biggrin:

Too bad I'm persona non grata :sad:

Vouch, You and Four_Down obviously have the skills needed in order to run a SUCCESSFUL pvp server.

It makes sense for you to run the OLDEST pvp server in minecraft.

Edit: wow, it's actually the oldest continuously running pvp server.

Edited by gsand
  • Upvote 1

I think it may be a bit unfair for LRO to have a 4th option like that. Even if she already holds a position that is above moderator, it's not really fair to have all those potential yes and no votes go to "shes already an event admin". being decisive is being decisive, but that is simply a statement.