Two new commands for players.

totemo

• On all servers, you can see the approximate time before the next restart with /nextrestart
  • On PVE, you can see who owns a pet. Aim your crosshairs at the block where the pet is sitting (or very close) and type /petowner.  (The requirement to look at a block and not the pet itself comes from limitations of the APIs.)

One further thing to mention, /nextrestart is based on the time when CommandHelper scripts are loaded.  As such, if a tech admin happens to be modifying commands written in CommandHelper (and there are a lot of them) and reloads the scripts, /nextrestart will give inaccurate results.  There are no plans at this time to make this work perfectly under those circumstances.

Just a reminder that even though you can now see pet owners, this still does not give you the right to kill pets of inactive players.  We, the staff, consider any unwanted pet killing to be grief, regardless of how active the pet's owner has been at the time.  On another note, if you find pets purring or barking obnoxiously in public places, I highly encourage you to use /petowner to contact the pet's owner and ask the player to move them.

• 2 weeks later...

Very useful, thank you.

'/nextrestart' can be a bit misleading; I've seen it be 10 mins out. Perhaps you could put a caveat into the message, saying it is a rough estimate or someting.

ie I've seen "next restart in 8 mins", then the restart hit 30 seconds after.

Very useful, thank you.

'/nextrestart' can be a bit misleading; I've seen it be 10 mins out. Perhaps you could put a caveat into the message, saying it is a rough estimate or someting.

ie I've seen "next restart in 8 mins", then the restart hit 30 seconds after.

After you run the command it says " The server will restart in about X minutes." It does not say the server will restart in X minutes but rather gives you a rough idea of how long untill the server will restart. 

After you run the command it says " The server will restart in about X minutes." It does not say the server will restart in X minutes but rather gives you a rough idea of how long untill the server will restart. 

I can't comment on the accuracy of Herbrine's statements, but I personally would not consider an 8 minute inaccuracy within a maximum starting time of 2 hours (because you will never be farther than 2 hours from a restart) to be within reasonable accuracy of a plugin such as this. If it was 2 minutes off, that's one thing, but to be 10 minutes off, that can hardly even be called "about."

I can't comment on the accuracy of Herbrine's statements, but I personally would not consider an 8 minute inaccuracy within a maximum starting time of 2 hours (because you will never be farther than 2 hours from a restart) to be within reasonable accuracy of a plugin such as this. If it was 2 minutes off, that's one thing, but to be 10 minutes off, that can hardly even be called "about."

The command is implemented in terms of the load time of CommandHelper scripts.  No other easy options for implementing it come to mind.  

If they are scripts are changed and reloaded, the results will be inaccurate until the next restart.

• Upvote 3

The command is implemented in terms of the load time of CommandHelper scripts.  No other easy options for implementing it come to mind.  

If they are scripts are changed and reloaded, the results will be inaccurate until the next restart.

So in a case where it's off by 8 minutes, that's simply because commandhelper was edited 8 minutes after the previous restart?