Inactive Moderator List

SpiderMan

Believe you've misinterpreted Diznatch's question. Diz was asking what staff members use for a general criteria, which schererererer went over briefly- not what you've guessed at through the MC/MCP wall.

Or is this finally an answer to MrLoud's question, what your own criteria for the initial list you posted was?

ah, yes, it was the latter.

In regards to the former, the criteria that staff members use to determine if moderators aren't inactive isn't publicized to the community, unfortunately.

-gsand

;D

ah, yes, it was the latter.

In regards to the former, the criteria that staff members use to determine if moderators aren't inactive isn't publicized to the community, unfortunately.

-gsand

;D

There's no official criteria to publicize. I used when someone was last active on the forums. When Barlimore did it he just contacted every moderator on the active list.

Out of curiosity, did you check last time in-game for those who were not greater than a month? I would contend that as a primarily minecraft-server based service, those who are not active in-game and do not know the current user-base should not have the right nor the power to take part in decisions made about said user-base.

• Upvote 2

Out of curiosity, did you check last time in-game for those who were not greater than a month? I would contend that as a primarily minecraft-server based service, those who are not active in-game and do not know the current user-base should not have the right nor the power to take part in decisions made about said user-base.

I did not, but I would like to in the near future. 

• Upvote 1

So as of this moment, the current Moderators that are Inactive (not engaging in or involving any or much activity ingame) are as follows*:

• AlLnAtuRalX(Inactive)

• Bestor (Inactive)

• BillThePurpleGuy (Inactive[According to EeeHee200])

• btree (Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• cab417(Inactive)

• cmchappell(Inactive)

• dan1son(Inactive)

• emptyafternoon(Inactive)

• Eustis(Inactive)

• forty_two(Rarely Active on IRC, Completely Inactive Ingame[According to Diznatch52])

• GuyJones(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• IDANUB(Inactive)

• Kisa_Gitana(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• Kohlse(Inactive)

• MaidenGenevive(Inactive)

• Magnyus(Inactive[Reason: Military])

• mattgorecki(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• Merc_Rick(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• Morkrash(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• mschmidt02(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• Mumberthrax(Inactive)

• Ooer(Inactive)

• Ozomahtlii(Inactive)

• palmeirl(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

• PolarTux(Inactive)

• razgrizMC(Inactive)

• Rcub3161(Inactive)

• Speializedowns (Inactive)

• TheDonVito17(Inactive[According to TornadoHorse])

*https://nerd.nu/forums/index.php?/topic/2283-inactive-moderator-list/?p=16335

Edited by gsand

I find this an opportune time to mention the Head Admins. Don't get me wrong here, I have nothing against the Heads, but this has been an issue for a long time and no-one's brought it up. 
None of the Heads are active on the servers on a regular basis, and most often they pop in once a week or when the need arises. It's a bit strange to type in /seen (Head Admin) and get the response of (Head Admin) has not been seen before. I hardly think that's keeping up to the standard we had back in the Beta days, where our Admins were considered as players, not (from a new player's perspective) an unknown bunch of people that apparently oversee the servers and are never engaged in discussion outside of the forums/subreddit. Most of the work on nerd.nu is being handed down to the Survival Admins, but there's far less input than I'd expect at a time of need like this. I'd like to see this addressed, because frankly I'm not seeing anything getting done. The Techs do a decent amount of work, the Creative Admins are managing Creative just fine, the PvE Admins are managing the biggest third of nerd.nu, but what about the Heads? 
Jump on the servers and run /seen commands for each of the Heads, you'll see what I mean. 
I'm not blaming the Heads for any issues they have in real life that're keeping them away from nerd, but that doesn't indicate that we should drop the topic and make do with an inactive Head team. I'd love some answers from them about this or a discussion. 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 13

Yeah but could you see someone being made mod today for hosting a wiki, assuming we never had one? They both came in when the meaning of "being on staff" wasn't as clearly defined as it is today.

Not that I'm opposed to them being there, I just think it's worth noting they're special cases

• 4 weeks later...