[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

Guest Former Staff

Prize list for KOTH:

(Prizes given by /easy-sign inventory)

10 x slimeball (not the kind you find on the news)

3 x saddle

2 x name tag

1 x unbreaking 3 enchantment book

1 x fortune 3 enchantment book

1 x efficiency 5 enchantment book

Obstacle Race Prizes:

1st Prize

- 1 Unenchanted iron sword named "Silver's Sunset"

- 1 Gold horse armor

- 1 Horse spawn egg

- 1 saddle

- 1 unenchanted gold helmet "Olympiad Winner's Hat"

- 1 unenchanted gold chestplate "Olympiad StrongChest"

- 1 unenchanted gold leggings "Olympiad Fancy Pants"

- 1 unenchanted gold boots "Olympiad Boots of Bootiness"

- 1 splash potion of regeneration

2nd Prize

- 1 FIRE ASPECT II book

- 1 LOOTING III book

- 1 UNBREAKING III book

- 4 nametags

- 5 Bottle's o Enchanting

- 1 Book and quill

- 3 redstone blocks

- 1 stone Sword "Olympiad Second Place Winner"

- 1 Potion of fire resistance

3rd Prize

- 1 cow egg

- 1 sponge

- 1 ink sack

- 1 blaze rod

- 1 potion of night vision

- 1 projectile protection IV

- 1 Stone Sword "Olympiad Third Place Winner"

- 1 cake

- 1 netherstar

4th Prize

- 1 normal skelly skull

- 1 stone sword "Olympiad Fourth place Winner"

- 1 rabbit egg

- 64 black glass

- 32 dark prismarine

- 64 nether bricks

- 4 quartz crystals

- 1 melon seed

- 1 pumpkin seed

Prizes for the Maze of Doom!

- 16 iron ingots

- 16 gold ingots

- 10 diamonds

- 1 nether star

- 3 obsidian blocks

- 5 glass

- 1 unbreaking III diamond sword "Maze Runner"

- 1 unenchanted diamond helmet "Helm of Thinking"

- 1 unbreaking III diamond chestplate "Lousy T-Shirt"

- 1 unbreaking III diamond leggings "Sweatpants of Jammieness"

- 1 unenchanted diamond boots "Made for Walkin'"

- 64 colored wool (blue if you click the BLUE TEAM sign, red if you click the RED TEAM sign)

Guest Former Staff

CTF is good to go, alongside three minigames. Since pvpspleef has not been finished, I've placed barrier blocks over the entrance and a sign to inform people that it's closed / not finished.

C45y is resetting the teams and then we're ready, I believe.

Guest Former Staff

What needs to be done on pvp spleef???? I'd hate to see it sit empty.

We need a pvp region (not sure where exactly that is to be added), an exit for people who fall to the bottom of the arena, a prize-area (not sure how to add this as the "last person standing wins") and prizes.

Guest Former Staff

I can try to pop on tonight if it's still needs work to finish it up.

Also. I thought I saw that hunger is turned off for mini games. Can someone confirm? If it is I'll take the "I'm hungry" signs out of the obstacle race as they will be unnecessary and look silly.

I can confirm the __global__ region has a hunger replenisher which c45y added in.

We need a pvp region (not sure where exactly that is to be added), an exit for people who fall to the bottom of the arena, a prize-area (not sure how to add this as the "last person standing wins") and prizes.

I was under the impression pvp was seperate from spleef but part of the arena. Maybe we make the bottom floor pvp and let the people who fall duke it out for additional prizes? Spleef will need to be moderated with a judge to push buttons so calling a "winner" shouldn't be too hard.

Guest Former Staff

I was under the impression pvp was seperate from spleef but part of the arena. Maybe we make the bottom floor pvp and let the people who fall duke it out for additional prizes? Spleef will need to be moderated with a judge to push buttons so calling a "winner" shouldn't be too hard.

Yes, I believe the pvp section in somewhere under the spleef floor. Given that the event needs to be moderated, maybe the winner could be /tphere to a winner box where they can click a sign for /easy-sign inventory & a warp back to safety.

Additionally, maybe we could consider running this event periodically (or more frequently if we have moderators willing to run the event)?

Also, as a bit of a call out/concern - we have been telling people "more information will be provided closer to the event" in regards to detail questions and funding questions players have posted in the forum thread and on reddit.

The event is TOMORROW: Somebody needs to make that post that has been asked for tonight. My guess is an h-admin should take that one on, as the majority of the questions revolve around "how does CTF work" and "what is the funding goal"

Guest Former Staff

Also, as a bit of a call out/concern - we have been telling people "more information will be provided closer to the event" in regards to detail questions and funding questions players have posted in the forum thread and on reddit.

The event is TOMORROW: Somebody needs to make that post that has been asked for tonight. My guess is an h-admin should take that one on, as the majority of the questions revolve around "how does CTF work" and "what is the funding goal"

I'll be leaking the album of my 2015 rulebook 24 hours prior to the event, it contains a lot of details about the event itself. I let SwitchViewz know this in the -mods channel on IRC as to be open.

My concern is that no post is going to be drafted by anyone else, so I'll make sure we have something up. SwitchViewz is planning on putting up a post 24 hours in advance too, so if he does then I've encouraged him to remove my post, either way, we'll get some details up.

That's fine. I don't have the details because I don't have the official scoop, but I wanted to make sure people were getting the information.

If we set a clear goal of $xxxxx.xx rather than "some money" people will be more inclined to donate. Do we have the ability to show some sort of "fund meter" somewhere to use as tracking? I'm thinking one of those silly thermometer graphs that fill in when targets are reached. Visuals can be a big motivator too in reaching a goal.

Edit: maybe we make a "fund meter" in game or something that an admin (or mod) can update periodically. We could build one and fill it in with something like redstone to show progress.

Guest Former Staff

That's fine. I don't have the details because I don't have the official scoop, but I wanted to make sure people were getting the information.

If we set a clear goal of $xxxxx.xx rather than "some money" people will be more inclined to donate. Do we have the ability to show some sort of "fund meter" somewhere to use as tracking? I'm thinking one of those silly thermometer graphs that fill in when targets are reached. Visuals can be a big motivator too in reaching a goal.

Edit: maybe we make a "fund meter" in game or something that an admin (or mod) can update periodically. We could build one and fill it in with something like redstone to show progress.

The actual rulebook has been amended by SwitchViewz to reflect $3500 but I've also heard of goals of $2500, $5000 mentioned (I was going to add a comment mentioning the funding goal showing in the second page when posting the rulebook album, good spot!)

Edit: Previously we've had a donation meter here.

Guest Former Staff

Eeeexcellent

Scherer let me know that the new page isn't ready yet but we have a different link for the old donation page (which is the one currently active) here,