[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

There is also the central buff (shown in the image earlier on this page).

NE and SW buffs have been set, however if more buffs are needed a tech will need to stop the server and manually edit the config.yml

Well after lots of consideration and testing, I cut the maze off at around 3/4 of the way pasted in, as I realized it could begin to take a little more than 2 hours for someone who's brand new to it and gets lost in some of my more devilish tricks that send you back to the start.  With that said I need one last sign (the yellow one) to be set to teleport the players on the other side of those invisible blocks into the prize room.  I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what to make for a prize or if it should be some kind of magical repeating prize encase someone spends 2 hours on it to find no prize?  Someone above my paygrade please help out with that. 

I also need a way to clear players inventories as they walk through the front entrance, unless that will already happen when they get to the maze?  

If anyone would mind giving it a dry run too? To test for bugs, that would be appreciated!  /home CROCKODUCK should take you to the maze or [-15, 184, 115] last digit is the elevation, thanks again everyone!

You can use easy-sign to clear inventories (/easy-sign ci) if it's not something that they can do region wise. Just give them a "punch to enter" sign that tps and wipes or something). You can also use it to either give multiple prizes or just one (give vs inventory)

Other useful ones (if you don't have them scattered or as part of the region) may be /easy-sign hunger and /easy-sign health

Go check out the prize box for the obstacle race. I'll try to be online tonight too if you don't have it sorted by then. I got pretty familiar with easy sign over the last week :)

Ok, aside from minor tweeks the buff towers are now fully armed and dangerous. The buff tower near the volcano is surrounded by a pool with Guardian spawners, and then when you hit the buff cave spiders pop out of the ground en masse. The buff tower on the mushroom island has 4 spawning chambers that pump zombies out of hooves of the horses, then once you're inside the horse that has the buff switch, hitting the switch causes a bunch of zombies to fall out of the ceiling. I think they're all still achievable, but are assuredly suicide runs if players don't get the hell out of dodge.

I've done my best to be devious, and am very open to suggestions on how to ensure this will be fun for players.

Oh, and as a side note I flew around the edge of the map planting "Lucky Frogs" in out of the way caves. Under each frog (completely obscured by the frog) is a diamond ore block to reward player exploration. 

Well after lots of consideration and testing, I cut the maze off at around 3/4 of the way pasted in, as I realized it could begin to take a little more than 2 hours for someone who's brand new to it and gets lost in some of my more devilish tricks that send you back to the start.  With that said I need one last sign (the yellow one) to be set to teleport the players on the other side of those invisible blocks into the prize room.  I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what to make for a prize or if it should be some kind of magical repeating prize encase someone spends 2 hours on it to find no prize?  Someone above my paygrade please help out with that. 

I also need a way to clear players inventories as they walk through the front entrance, unless that will already happen when they get to the maze?  

If anyone would mind giving it a dry run too? To test for bugs, that would be appreciated!  /home CROCKODUCK should take you to the maze or [-15, 184, 115] last digit is the elevation, thanks again everyone!

i set your last sign to warp them into the prize room (coords -36 116 349)

as for your inventory-wipe you could do the same thing entering the maze - have an entry building where they have to "CLICK TO ENTER" which TP's them in and wipes their inventory. i can help with that if you want, just let me know.

i set your last sign to warp them into the prize room (coords -36 116 349)

as for your inventory-wipe you could do the same thing entering the maze - have an entry building where they have to "CLICK TO ENTER" which TP's them in and wipes their inventory. i can help with that if you want, just let me know.

If you don't mind, I would appreciate some help. If you could just make a room before the rules room that allows for the inventory wipe with an end chest or something to that effect please. I'll be on later today for sure.

I've hit the first checkpoint in the maze CROCK - did some testing there and realized my earlier warning about standing next to a sign or other wall-mounted thing obstructing the sleep location was unfounded, so I apologize for the earlier false info >< think someone fixed it.  I did notice for a particular location that respawning puts players on the maze roof though O.o

EDIT: Found it - standing on the blocks next to the wall opposite the sleep sign and redstone torch will put players on the maze roof when respawning.  Maybe add some walls up top to ensure players fall through the right hole to re-enter the maze?

Edited by buzzie71

If you don't mind, I would appreciate some help. If you could just make a room before the rules room that allows for the inventory wipe with an end chest or something to that effect please. I'll be on later today for sure.

Sure. I'll pop back on in a bit and make an entrance. Maybe I'll copy the end and flip it around so it fits the style :)

Maze now has an entry warp and inventory clear sign. I put an 'emergency exit' sign inside, since the point isn't to trap people :)

feel free to edit the outer building if you like. i took a copy of the walls from the end box and moved it to the front, your decision if you hate it or not. The only part of it that's important is the entry sign and enderchests, the building itself is irrelevant.

Edit: didn't check to see if the enderchests are reachable from inside. If it's still there when I'm on next I'll check it.

So uh, whats left to do? I've removed most of the things from barlimores last update that I believe are done. Can we get a bit of direction here. Seems to still be a lot of fairly major things left and no status update for a while.

[WIP]Minigames Spawn - SwitchViewz

[WIP]Event Lobby - zburdsal 

[WIP]Custom Spawners - SwitchViewz

[NOT BEGUN]Prizes - SwitchViewz

[ON HOLD]Protections - SwitchViewz

So um...SwitchViewz...how are you going? Haven't seen you achieve anything in a little while and it seems a lot is waiting on you to achieve things ( Not a dig, just an observation )

What c45y posted is what is left. Now that the minigames are completed I'll finish up the main spawn. As for prizes, I could actually use some suggestions here, what do you guys think are some good prizes? I've been getting on zburdsal about the lobby so hopefully it'll get done in time. Protections I shall start doing now that most builds are completed.

Full Status:

[WIP]Minigames Spawn - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Event Lobby - zburdsal
[WIP]Custom Spawners - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Prizes - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Rulebook - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Protections - SwitchViewz

[DONE]PvP Spleef

[DONE]Maze

[DONE]Buff Tower #3 - MasterCommaThe
[DONE]Ruins - buzzie71
[DONE]Flag Stands/Towers - C45y
[DONE]King of The Hill - Barlimore
[DONE]Team Spawns - C45y
[DONE]Red Inner Walls
[DONE]Blue Inner Walls
[DONE]Obstacle Course Minigame
[DONE]schererererer's Buff Tower
[DONE]MasterCommaThe's Buff Tower
[DONE]Custom Spawner Dungeon (Barlimore's Pyramid)

[NOT DOING]Red Outer Walls - I have outline where these should go in RED wool
[NOT DOING]Blue Outer Walls - I have outlined where these should go in BLUE wool

[NOT DOING]Move Minigames Closer Together - Movement may cause issue with placement of signs with warp commands, possible redstone issues.

Guest Former Staff

What c45y posted is what is left. Now that the minigames are completed I'll finish up the main spawn. As for prizes, I could actually use some suggestions here, what do you guys think are some good prizes? I've been getting on zburdsal about the lobby so hopefully it'll get done in time. Protections I shall start doing now that most builds are completed.

I raised a few concerns about the remaining tasks five days ago. This is the progress on the lobby currently. One block has been placed and I would like to defend Zburdsal's lack of progress as it must be difficult to return to a project you have lost all progress upon. We have five days to build an entire lobby, my opinion is to drop this idea and use the existing one.

In terms of gathering opinions for the prizes: My recommendation would be for the people who worked on each minigame to create their own list / set of prizes, implemented in a way you feel is right for your game and then SwitchViewz could then amend them as / when needed.

Would you like any help with protections? I am thorough and can detail every build I protect here to ensure that we do not miss anything.

Guest Former Staff

An issue and proposition for Crockoduck, based on Buzzie's findings that the checkpoint signs are spawning people on top of the maze.

LVLJmX6h.png

I've added prizes at the top of KOTH, left the warp signs for now in case the minigames are going to be moved around.

C45y and I are going to start protecting.

Looks like base and flag regions are set up and complete.

Fishing village and mushroom buff is protected from what I can see in /region list

Just need to do random buffs and whatnot around the map and the minigames world.

Guest Former Staff

Looks like base and flag regions are set up and complete.

Fishing village and mushroom buff is protected from what I can see in /region list

Just need to do random buffs and whatnot around the map and the minigames world.

Buff tower protections are done too. Koth pvp flag set, needing PVP Spleef pvp flag set up.

I responded to MasterCommaThe's request for testing survivability in his buff towers - my loadout was unenchanted iron armor, 1 unenchanted dia sword, 1 unenchanted bow, 64 arrows, and I was alone (got hints from where to go from MasterCommaThe to speed it up a little).  The mushroom buff tower was survivable with that loadout - an interesting observation is that the zombies, while numerous, move slowly, so it's almost like "find the right way up before the wall of zombies catches up to you or be clever about preventing them from getting to you."  For added sadism, if it's possible to equip all spawned zombies with depth strider 3 boots (I've not tested it myself though ><) that might speed up their swimming a bit and put more pressure on the players.

We noticed some things modified and/or unintended on the central volcano buff that made it trivial to enter, trigger the buff, and escape, one of which caused there to be no guardians in the pool when I got there >< so would like to try again some time later today with them around.

After speaking with MasterCommaThe, I found that the actual thing that triggers the buff is intended to be a pressure plate.  Is that possible to implement, or if not possible, is it possible to fake a punch to the real buff block with it?  Alternatively, is it possible to trigger a buff by running through a block (the location of the pressure plate)?  (An additional question I realized is, if that is done, how will zombies or other mobs stepping on a pressure plate be handled?) (Looks like redesigns were done to accommodate beacon block buffs)

Edited by buzzie71
  • Upvote 1

Ok, I think I found a solution to both buff areas that forces players to activate the redstone (releasing the mobs) just before they hit the buff beacon. I'd appreciate a second (more devious) eye to look at this an let me know if players can somehow circumvent the redstone.

I responded to MasterCommaThe's request for testing survivability in his buff towers - my loadout was unenchanted iron armor, 1 unenchanted dia sword, 1 unenchanted bow, 64 arrows, and I was alone (got hints from where to go from MasterCommaThe to speed it up a little).  The mushroom buff tower was survivable with that loadout - an interesting observation is that the zombies, while numerous, move slowly, so it's almost like "find the right way up before the wall of zombies catches up to you or be clever about preventing them from getting to you."  For added sadism, if it's possible to equip all spawned zombies with depth strider 3 boots (I've not tested it myself though ><) that might speed up their swimming a bit and put more pressure on the players.

Thank you so much for the help buzzie71, And I LOVE the idea of somehow giving all the zombies depth strider 3 boots if that is in any way possible!