[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

Depth strider boots added to "Swimmers"  :biggrin: yesterday. Also Mini-zombie spawners were added as well.

Buff tower's are complete except for testing the guardian spawner generation on the Volcano buff, which appears abnormally slow.

Modreqs are in for techs to ensure the beacons at the Mushroom buff and Volcano buff actually work.

Does anything else need to be built (since I have few if any tech perms)?

I'm going to get on in 9 odd hours with an alt and grief. Hopefully everything is protected and I will be unable to ^_^

In the event I find unprotected things I'll be placing build protections on them and posting the region ids here

On request I have created 3 new mob dungeons. These are all currently in the admin world and ready for pasting. If you get stuck, there is an easy way to paste these into other materials without ending up with odd air gaps you have to fill. PM me and I'll explain if this is an issue for anyone using these. Should be more to come.

1. Skeleton Pyramid (has modreqs to replace inactive spawners with active ones)
    Skeletons pop up out of the pools in the back.
    97IGqFXl.jpg
    Outside view, to show the two spawning chambers in back and the entrances.
    5UhFBW4l.jpg
  2. Spherical Water filled chamber
    gqvbnFTl.jpg
    I think this one is ideal for Slimes. The spawner is up in the Sea Lantern "Chandelier"
    Eu7y9m6l.jpg
  3. Cylindrical Lava Chamber for Blazes
    pQ9wzOEl.jpg
    iInjIMpl.jpg
  • Upvote 1

I just set __global__ build = deny on the minigames world. I have created a build=enabled region for the spleef arena floor mrloud made. If you have an area that requires players to build/place blocks then create a subregion with build allow

Global build deny blocks pistons, even with the piston allow flag.  I can't see a way to protect the piston made doors. PvE experts have any thoughts?

__global__ build=deny has been set again, barlimore worked some WG magic to get sub-region pistons to work

How are people getting between worlds? is there a warp command? A sign at their base to warp them? This is not an insignificant problem that still needs to be solved. I attempted to create a warp sign to 'MainSpawn' ( which faces you at the ground!? ) and a normal user does not have permissions to use it

Are there plans to build something in the leaf sphere? 

What gamemode are people in for the minigames world? should they be in creative and able to fly? if they are in survival we need to give them a way not to starve to death. Being in creative will require changes to a lot of the events.

Do we have server messages set up explaining what we are doing with the donation link given a bunch?

Can we negate the permission for staff (in modmode) to be able to join teams?

What is the plan if teams become unbalanced early on in the event?

Do we have a marketing strategy? This is the perfect time to spend a little money to have advertisements on various subreddits and make posts around the place.

Have we actually confirmed we have techs available during the course of the event?

Do we have sufficient staff with the 'cutepvp.admin' permission and basic knowledge of how things run in the event something is required during the event?

It's great to see all the building progress of late, and I'm sure people will love the world that we have built for them. There is however a lot of questions that we haven't answered or apparently considered and time is short. 

Edited by c45y
  • Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff
How are people getting between worlds? is there a warp command? A sign at their base to warp them? This is not an insignificant problem that still needs to be solved. I attempted to create a warp sign to 'MainSpawn' ( which faces you at the ground!? ) and a normal user does not have permissions to use it

I've added warp signs at the bottom of the team spawn towers so that people can spawn at the top of the minigames world (inside the leaf sphere).

Full Status:
[NEARLY DONE]Minigames Spawn Adjustments - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Custom Spawners - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Prizes - SwitchViewz
[WIP]Rulebook - Barlimore

For Barlimore:

OUTERWALLS

There are no outer walls this time around and instead there is a small no-build area around the flag area. You are free to protect your flag but you must leave at least one side that is freely open for enemies to access.

BUFFS

Buff towers don't all have parkour or obstacle courses this time but instead are each unique. Some have spawners, some have parkour, some have other secrets.

Guest Former Staff

I've fixed the region at bluebase for the walls, each wall segment has a protection over it now to the sky and around 5-10 blocks deep, just like red base.

As for the mini games mode, they'd need to be in survival mode, each mini game requires either pvp or the potential for environmental death to function.

I know in the obstacle race I have set up hunger and health signs periodically to counter the inventory wipes that happen. Not sure on the others.

I know in the obstacle race I have set up hunger and health signs periodically to counter the inventory wipes that happen. Not sure on the others.

I just ran it on an alt account to test that it still works with all the flags currently set on __global__ in the miniworld. Nice work!

Guest Former Staff

[WIP]Rulebook - Barlimore

I've finished the 2015 rulebook. There were some amendmends to make such as the wording of the rulebook (previously referred to us as reddit public servers) and I have included your recommendations SwitchViewz: Albeit having to shorten them slightly. C45y helped find out whether some of the features described in the rulebook were in effect exactly as mentioned and we're all good.

We just need the funding goal edited on page 2, to whatever the actual target is as these are due to be revealed soon. Then I need to trade my version of the rulebook so that it can be published and set as the default book for the command /rulebook, replacing the 2014 rulebook.

In the style of Mrloud's rulebook last year, I have created an album of each page while revealing some small part of the event. [Traditional View | Blog View]

Guest Former Staff

I've added a safe-spawn room above the first checkpoint in Crockoduck's maze to allow people who spawn above the maze to drop back in where they should respawn. I can't find any other checkpoints to do the same to, so unless someone can find them then we have a slightly broken maze.

Edit: Also there is no way out of the prize room at the end of the maze.

Mrloud's pvpspleef is without a pvp region. I would add this if I knew where exactly the region is intended to be.

Can anyone help with any of these please?

Guest Former Staff
[WIP]Custom Spawners - SwitchViewz

Given we have two days to launch, I'm taking over this task as much as possible. We have four custom spawner designs available, so I have placed them around the map, in such a way that they are distributed fairly with no bias towards one team or another.

I need more help from anyone who can spare the time! I've only //pasted in the spawners: MasterCommaThe's Skeleton Spawner, Blaze Spawner, Slime Spawner and I've pasted two of my pyramids in the ocean to be used as creeper spawners (or something else).

The current status of each is shown in the four images below, along with a brief description of their location:

Skeleton Spawner - Planted into a beach.

cqkVgf8h.png

Slime Spawner - Hidden in a ravine

eudl4Llh.png

Blaze Spawner - Buried in the centre of the volcano, around half a dozen layers deep of the lava.

mBnhTYdh.png

Creeper Spawners - Two have been pasted, floating in the ocean at opposite sides of the map.

QAsfe1nh.png

If you can spare the time, we need to make these builds look like they weren't pasted into the world. Each can be accessed from modreqs 34, 35, 36, 37 & 38.

On another note, we'll need to ensure that there are mob spawners working in each one. I believe MasterComma's are good to go(?) However if any admin wants to spam a few creeper spawners around the builds at modreq 37 and 38 then please feel free to do so.

If nobody else gets to it I can take a look at the maze tonight when I get home and do some work on signage and making it escapable. I think we'll just need some prizes, which also I can set up if anyone has suggestions. It's such an insane maze, the prizes will need to be super good :)

Guest Former Staff

If nobody else gets to it I can take a look at the maze tonight when I get home and do some work on signage and making it escapable. I think we'll just need some prizes, which also I can set up if anyone has suggestions. It's such an insane maze, the prizes will need to be super good :)

Agreed, I can see there are two sets of armour which you can right clck to obtain, so the final prize might need them included if you are to use /easy-sign inventory (which seems a good choice to use with the /easy-sign-warp too. I'm not so good with deciding prizes but maybe a beacon or something that would benefit the team, alongside a few sets of armour and fancy saddle / horse-wear?

Guest Former Staff

Given how a lot of work has gone into the event over the past several hours, I thought I'd post an update. Most of this content is a summary of the last 10 or so posts here.

[Progress Update] ---x---

Custom Spawners - Done. Five have been placed and integrated into the map. We have live mob spawners at each one.

Rulebook 2015 - 99% Done. This has been placed in the chest inside the leaf sphere within the minigames world.

Protections - 99% Done. Blue base walls have regions covering just the walls.

[To-do] ---x---

Custom Spawners - Two islands created by MasterCommaThe for two of the custom spawners require a little decoration. These can be found at the two open modreqs.

Rulebook 2015 - Page 2 needs to be amended with the /edit feature once we know the $ goal. Additionally, the existing rulebook needs to be deleted and replaced with the 2015 rulebook (once completed) for the /rulebook command.

Protections - Pvpspleef requires a pvp region.

Prizes - Pvpspleef requires prizes and a means to distribute them. The maze also requires prizes.

Maze - An exit to the maze needs to be created from the winner's room. We need to find the remaining checkpoints to build safe spawn "rooms" above the maze for them.

Minigame Sphere - There are a number of signs floating in here which have information that does not correlate to this version of the event. I understand a second tower is to be created representing blue team too?

[Further Considerations / Actionable Tasks] ---x---

Staff - Which tech admins will be available for the event and we need to remove the ability for /modmode staff to be able to join teams. Dumbo will be available for the opening and closing.

Server Alerts - Can we implement server alerts on C, P and S informing people of the event this friday? (e.g. "The servers will be replaced with our annual fundraiser from this Friday until the following Monday. Join in on the fun at event.nerd.nu!") - ExcessiveToker and Buzzie have respectively agreed to add alerts on creative and pve.

Gamemode - We need to ensure the default and enforced gamemode on the minigames world is survival.

Moderation - How many people have admin permission for the cute.pvp plugin and what steps can we take to ensure that teams balance?

Marketing - It cost me $10 to advertise on our subreddit for 19 days and 9500 impressions. Name some subreddits that we can target and I'm sure we can put together a small budget out of our own pockets to advertise.

There really isn't a lot left to do, if we had people online across the next 24 hours who had permissions for these various tasks, including the creators for some of these builds still being worked on then we would be completed then. How much closer to Friday are we going to let this carry on for? Time to wrap this up now, let's finish up.

Guest Former Staff

I've got a bunch of ideas for the maze conundrum. I will see you guys after work (probably not until 7:30eastern). It will be done tonight though :)

Suggestions?

Great handwriting! :-)

C45y has run the course on his alt and it went well, the __global__ region replenishes hunger now too.

The prize room for the maze could have a warp back to the main minigame spawn room(?) The prizes themselves look good from your own suggestions. Possibly a mixture of those armour types with enchantments added to some?

thats what I'm thinking with the maze, similar to how the obstacle course works (warp back to the beginning of the minigame rather than spawn) I feel like for such a hellish maze I'll make the prizes worth while.

Also my handwriting is terrible. For a 30-year-old it should be much prettier :)

Given how a lot of work has gone into the event over the past several hours, I thought I'd post an update. Most of this content is a summary of the last 10 or so posts here.

[Progress Update] ---x---

Custom Spawners - Done. Five have been placed and integrated into the map. We have live mob spawners at each one.

Rulebook 2015 - 99% Done. This has been placed in the chest inside the leaf sphere within the minigames world.

Protections - 99% Done. Blue base walls have regions covering just the walls.

[To-do] ---x---

Custom Spawners - Two islands created by MasterCommaThe for two of the custom spawners require a little decoration. These can be found at the two open modreqs.

Rulebook 2015 - Page 2 needs to be amended with the /edit feature once we know the $ goal. Additionally, the existing rulebook needs to be deleted and replaced with the 2015 rulebook (once completed) for the /rulebook command.

Protections - Pvpspleef requires a pvp region.

Prizes - Pvpspleef requires prizes and a means to distribute them. The maze also requires prizes.

Maze - An exit to the maze needs to be created from the winner's room. We need to find the remaining checkpoints to build safe spawn "rooms" above the maze for them.

Minigame Sphere - There are a number of signs floating in here which have information that does not correlate to this version of the event. I understand a second tower is to be created representing blue team too?

[Further Considerations / Actionable Tasks] ---x---

Staff - Which tech admins will be available for the event and we need to remove the ability for /modmode staff to be able to join teams.

Server Alerts - Can we implement server alerts on C, P and S informing people of the event this friday? (e.g. "The servers will be replaced with our annual fundraiser from this Friday until the following Monday. Join in on the fun at event.nerd.nu!")

Gamemode - We need to ensure the default and enforced gamemode on the minigames world is survival.

Moderation - How many people have admin permission for the cute.pvp plugin and what steps can we take to ensure that teams balance?

Marketing - It cost me $10 to advertise on our subreddit for 19 days and 9500 impressions. Name some subreddits that we can target and I'm sure we can put together a small budget out of our own pockets to advertise.

There really isn't a lot left to do, if we had people online across the next 24 hours who had permissions for these various tasks, including the creators for some of these builds still being worked on then we would be completed then. How much closer to Friday are we going to let this carry on for? Time to wrap this up now, let's finish up.

Staff - Dumbo52 will be around to put up and take down the event.

Server Alerts: Individual server admins need to add those as I do not have perms

Gamemode: I will change the main mv gamemode to Survival

Moderation: I'm not sure here as I don't know how it was done in the past