[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

Ohhhh I could do that too!

The only thing is we'd still need to know when game was completed to restock the winners chests. The only benefit is that if we awarded via modreq then a prize could only be awarded to one person/team one time, admin could just deny the duplicate request.

Unless the prize can only be obtained a single time. I was envisioning people running it multiple times and needing to refresh the prizes.

Guest Former Staff

Ok, I've finished building the inner walls for blue team. Completed checks for minor issues such as people falling into protected holes which they can't climb out of. We need to create gateways on the orange clay to allow people to move in and out of their base freely. Ideally the gateway will allow people to walk over them on the stone paths that the walls have. Additionally I have pasted in the blue team spawn building.

NGSWDcqh.png

Next up I'm either going to work on the blue team gateways or start marking the inner wall perimeters for the red team but not before a healthy break first. This wall building is burning me out.

=========================================================================

Remaining builds:

• Blue Team Outer Walls - (To be placed along the coast of the island)
  • Blue Team Gateways - (I have marked their designated spots with orange clay)
  • Buff Tower - (One more required to be added on the volcano island. Consider parkour to get from bottom to top)
  • Event Lobby - Zburdsal
  • KOTH - (King of the Hill arena needed)
  • Main Server Spawn Lobby - SwitchViewz
  • Maze - CROCKODUCK (I'm not sure what is left to do: Do you just need to copy and paste the maze in?)
  • Netherbrick Stepped Pyramid - Schererererer - Silversunset01
  • Obstacle Course - Silversunset01 (To allow people to race to the end and find the fastest route in doing so)
  • Ocean Monuments - (to decorate the ocean)
  • Parkour - CROCKODUCK (CROCKODUCK offered to start this but could possibly do with a hand. How is progress?)
  • Pvp Spleef - Mrloud15 (Some further edits needed to the build and then creating an island)
  • Red Team Inner Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Outer Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Gateways - (I can help with the placement of these - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Flag Building - (this will be where one of the two flags will be kept)
  • [low priority as this is an optional build] Shipwreck Ruin - (with room for an air pocket to hide a chest inside)
  • Ruins into the world! - Buzzie71 (Buzzie has created several ruins to use in /mvtp Admin, these need to be added across the world especially at the /warp volcano)

Guest Former Staff

Another off the list, blue team gateways completed.

lQY8cUkh.png

• Blue Team Outer Walls - (To be placed along the coast of the island)
  • Buff Tower - (One more required to be added on the volcano island. Consider parkour to get from bottom to top)
  • Event Lobby - Zburdsal
  • KOTH - (King of the Hill arena needed)
  • Main Server Spawn Lobby - SwitchViewz
  • Maze - CROCKODUCK (I'm not sure what is left to do: Do you just need to copy and paste the maze in?)
  • Netherbrick Stepped Pyramid - Schererererer - Silversunset01
  • Obstacle Course - Silversunset01 (To allow people to race to the end and find the fastest route in doing so)
  • Ocean Monuments - (to decorate the ocean)
  • Parkour - CROCKODUCK (CROCKODUCK offered to start this but could possibly do with a hand. How is progress?)
  • Pvp Spleef - Mrloud15 (Some further edits needed to the build and then creating an island)
  • Red Team Inner Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Outer Walls - (I can help with the design to use for the walls and where to place them - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Gateways - (I can help with the placement of these - Barlimore)
  • Red Team Flag Building - (this will be where one of the two flags will be kept)
  • Shipwreck Ruin - [Update!] I've spoken with Bardidley on creative and he is digging out the shipwreck contest entries for us.
  • Ruins into the world! - Buzzie71 & MasterCommaThe (Buzzie has created several ruins to use in /mvtp Admin, these need to be added across the world especially at the /warp volcano)

Some images:

http://imgur.com/a/wc4Cu

1. I embedded the relief in the side of the hill on the volcano island facing the fishing village.
  2. Dramatic shot of a big face!
  3. Actually just the stone lizard.
  4. Random spires placed close to the beach.
  5. I found a hill to hide a relief sculpture, but it's right behind a tree.  Maybe this will just be a curiosity for the archaeologists.

Toad still might need some work, other than that I can probably just drop a bunch of them in the smaller clearings in the jungle island - there seem to be enough of those around.  Other than that, I'll probably look for places to put more of the spires, maybe the tall fire post (with no fire).  Some of the others require quite a bit of ground area (or certain arrangements, eg. two toads on either side of a relief sculpture, with a patch of stone on the ground suggesting a tomb), and I'm probably going to either neglect clearing space around them (just leave it as something interesting for archaeologists) or not place many of them in - at this point I'm reluctant to clear any part of the jungle, it's too dense ._.

This is probably frivolous at this stage, but I had a thought about adding in some lettering on and around the ruins, maybe in the ravine alphabet (http://www.reddit.com/r/mcpublic/comments/2vlu0z/an_abandoned_ravine_outpost_thing_lost_under_the/coj53rj).  Might be good for storytelling, though that is admittedly not priority at this time.

Guest Former Staff

Ok, I'm working on the red base interior walls. The available surface area to build is similar to that of the blue base.but the shape is different. The shape has been designed to make building the walls easier.

SwitchViewz will be looking for a new team base spawn design soon. Hold off building for now as measurements are not decided, however the build itself could be a watch tower. Unfortunately the team spawn pyramid was just too large to work with the base, it will find another use.

Let's all make some progress over this weekend and keep this topic updated with any snippets of your work. By the end of Sunday (sunny UK time), I'll be looking to find out exactly what everyone needs from their builds, whether it's time, help or something else. Should we have any tech admin requests, it would be ideal to have them all coagulated in one area for easier viewing.

FzGh2Xzh.png

Guest Former Staff

Still waiting on a way to give the players an extra bit of challenge with blindness effect and need signs set up for spawn points if possible is my only request

Buzzie had suggested I talk to a Sadmin for something similar in my obstacle course. I don't know that I've seen one around recently - any takers?

Credit to MrGauthier: I spoke with him regarding effects applied to a region as this was something used in a previous revision. Unfortunately it seems to have been from a plugin which is no longer used (quite likely "World Guard Region Effects") which would have allowed a flag named effects.

I also asked MrGauthier about setting up spawn points and he recommended the easy sign sleep command. I've never used that one before but from what I can see, I do not have access to run that comand. We may need an admin to do this once you have the signs set up. Might I suggest making a list of homes such as checkpoint1, checkpoint2 (etc)?

The sign sleep would work in the obstacle course, in case of accidental death.

I have two other options though, either I need to scatter bonus chests (a bit of food and some small healing potions) or have the ability to become hungry disabled. The first option is easy enough to do, we would just need to monitor the chests in case the maze is used more than once.

Guest Former Staff

The sign sleep would work in the obstacle course, in case of accidental death.

I have two other options though, either I need to scatter bonus chests (a bit of food and some small healing potions) or have the ability to become hungry disabled. The first option is easy enough to do, we would just need to monitor the chests in case the maze is used more than once.

I don't know if hunger can be disabled but the following flags will work:

/region flag REGIONNAME feed-delay [time in seconds (e.g. 120)]

/region flag REGIONNAME feed-amount [10]

This will feed people to full upon entering the region and every 120 seconds afterwards while within the region (if that seems a reasonable time-frame).

Guest Former Staff

Ahhhhhh. Once I get it all finished I will look into that. Can we do our own regions on E (I know in normal gameplay we can't) ? If I can do that I can set it up to top people off at certain intervals which would be better than a constantly full bar.

Yes, while in modmode we can create regions. After speaking with SwitchViewz in the past hour, he would recommend to avoid creating regions as much as you can help it so that we can do them all at once when everything is built (so we can keep a track of what has been protected easier). That said, if you want to test out those flags to see how they would change the gameplay of your obstacle course, go for it!

I know sleep signs pretty well and can set those up for anyone who needs them, as well as any admin.  The challenge with those is that they appear to set the player's position when they hit the sign as the spawn point, and that 1x1x2 space needs to be completely empty (ie, air blocks) in order for the respawning to work.  Someone who stands with their face against the sign, for example, will get a "bed is obstructed" error when they die and be sent to spawn.

Edited by buzzie71

I know sleep signs pretty well and can set those up for anyone who needs them, as well as any admin. The challenge with those is that they appear to set the player's position when they hit the sign as the spawn point, and that 1x1x2 space needs to be completely empty (ie, air blocks) in order for the respawning to work. Someone who stands with their face against the sign, for example, will get a "bed is obstructed" error when they die and be sent to spawn.

Either way when I finish the course I'll need someone to come look through it and make sure it's not impossible or silly :) we can deal with fancy coding then.

http://imgur.com/a/ZKWJ2

1. Planted a toad - figured it would be better to get design out onto the map than to keep working on the head ._.
  2. Planted two of the fire poles on the beach, decided to arrange them to suggest some sort of a forgotten path.  Lit the poles on fire since they weren't in the jungle.
  3. While flying around I noticed this odd artifact - seems for some trees, part of the tree just got chopped off during generation or something? ._.

Also not mentioned here, I planted a similar toad on the northwest jungle island that's just barely attached to /home buzzie71 jungle1.  I forgot to screenshot it, then tried to fly around and relocate it with no luck.

I think I'm running out of spaces to hide things in that jungle island without clearing away more than a few leaves, and I am admittedly hiding things in no real discernable arrangement.  I'll continue to do that tomorrow, but I anticipate running out of places very soon.

Additional edit: there's one more relief sculpture (same size as the others) depicting Unity which I do want to slip in as an Easter egg somewhere.  If more are required to depict other things, let me know too and I'll see what I can come up with.  Otherwise, I'm starting to sense that I should probably be aiding in something else rather than ruin-building-and-planting...? ._.

Edited by buzzie71

Guest Former Staff

Buzzie: I flew around that jungle and like the integration of your work. Additionally I spent some time cleaning up the odd tree generation artifact: They aren't perfect but are not noticable to the untrained eye anymore. Unfortunately this effected most trees in that path down the island.

Since you seem to be closing in on finishing your implementation, Silversunset also closing in on completing her obstacle course and I am set to finish the red team walls very soon, this does leave us free to work on something new.

There are a few things that come to mind that we could really do with: KOTH, Team Flag bases (some sort of platform where flags are stored and accessed) and a spawn building for the teams.

Further questions that need some answers: Team spawn buildings - We need to find out the dimensions before building. Secondly, where will the team flag bases be located? And finally, the outer walls for each team: I have some concerns about them covering the entire island along the edges. Even having them +100 away blocks surrounding the current walls would be a huge undertaking. Would it be possible to look into have those walls just surrounding the location of the team flags?

Dumbo spent some time fixing permissions for us so we have access to /easy-sign, /signtext and modmode on the multiworld "world_contest_shipwreck". Unfortunately only three builds were in some shape to be considered, I have since moved these three to the multiverse "admin" world to view. This means we can start integrating them into the map too.

Planted an extra toad and spire...somewhere on jungle1.

I flew around the map and guessed the islands were [redacted] and found the second set of jungle islands - I have it currently set as /home buzzie71 jungle2 and will attempt to seed it with ruins like I did with jungle1 (if one team has potential distractions close to base, the other one should too :P).

Other than that I did run into more quirky generations: http://imgur.com/a/0UKEn

1. First one seems to be a terrain-slice effect from far away (it was difficult to tell, I had to sit a few voxels away from the world border in order to see it).  Probably known, don't think it's that hugely important to fix it?...  (could always drop the render distance a bit)
  2. I found another line of sliced trees :S.  Barlimore, how did you fix up the previous set on the other jungle island?  If I get there first next time I can take a crack at re-bushing the trees.

EDIT: I've started adding leaves to the trees (place them, then //replace 18:7 18:3), but found a perpendicular slice line somewhere in that forest as well.

Edited by buzzie71

Guest Former Staff

Planted an extra toad and spire...somewhere on jungle1.

I flew around the map and guessed the islands were [redacted] and found the second set of jungle islands - I have it currently set as /home buzzie71 jungle2 and will attempt to seed it with ruins like I did with jungle1 (if one team has potential distractions close to base, the other one should too :P).

Other than that I did run into more quirky generations: http://imgur.com/a/0UKEn

1. First one seems to be a terrain-slice effect from far away (it was difficult to tell, I had to sit a few voxels away from the world border in order to see it).  Probably known, don't think it's that hugely important to fix it?...  (could always drop the render distance a bit)
  2. I found another line of sliced trees :S.  Barlimore, how did you fix up the previous set on the other jungle island?  If I get there first next time I can take a crack at re-bushing the trees.

EDIT: I've started adding leaves to the trees (place them, then //replace 18:7 18:3), but found a perpendicular slice line somewhere in that forest as well.

Buzzie: I just got the leaf blocks out and spammed them to form a somewhat 3D tree shape. Nothing planned, just nothing that looked too out of place.

I believe THE OLYMPIAD (obstacle race) is done. rhe only part I don't have is prizes, right now prizes are an empty chest that unlocks when the winner goes into the room, do we have something to put in there? I have no idea what to do with that last piece, help?

One thought I had was to use easy sign to award prizes so that people couldn't get them more than once and the lock will still work. I just need ideas for prizes since I'm clueless.