[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

What do you think about adding a protected sheep spawner with the opposing team's colored wool near each base? I think it would introduce an interesting dynamic.

That would give each team another object enticing them to get close to the other team's base as well as another object they should want to defend and prevent the other team from reaching.

What do you think about adding a protected sheep spawner with the opposing team's colored wool near each base? I think it would introduce an interesting dynamic.

That would give each team another object enticing them to get close to the other team's base as well as another object they should want to defend and prevent the other team from reaching.

I agree it would be an interesting plot twist. Go for it!!

I'm worried it will upset team balance too much if one of the spawners is secured by the other team - an away team that secures the spawner can easily set up and maintain a siege of the home team's base (by dropping their color wool around the exits) and shuttle flags home while the home team is occupied with breaking the siege and just getting out of base.  It'll take a lot of effort to regain footing once it happens.

I see the 24 hour post has gone live. It tells me nothing about the event other than a bunch of hard to read images. If I'm a new player drawn here from advertising or word of mouth I don't have historical knowledge of this event, so tell me what it's all about!

On that note, did we decide not to advertise? I would be curious to know why we decided against it.

Edit: We should have at least given the server address. Is it nerd.nu? e.nerd.nu? this is somewhat important

Edited by c45y

I'm worried it will upset team balance too much if one of the spawners is secured by the other team - an away team that secures the spawner can easily set up and maintain a siege of the home team's base (by dropping their color wool around the exits) and shuttle flags home while the home team is occupied with breaking the siege and just getting out of base.  It'll take a lot of effort to regain footing once it happens.

After discussion with SwtichViewz we've decided it would be best not to throw in this wrench at this time. Perhaps we can run a small (12hr) CTF event or something that will allow us to test dynamics like this at another time. 

Guest Former Staff

May I request that this topic is closed once CTF launches in 13 hours and that this topic is moved to the archives after the event is finished please?

Word is this morning (from c45y) that the new lobby will go unused in favor of the established and already implemented lobby. So because I think we created a really fantastic volcano anyway here are some images of it below to mourn it's passing:
r2FsKEGl.jpg

RL99DHUl.jpgzaNJ7XEl.jpgVxkIPAPl.jpgeE5Ai1cl.png

Big thanks to kittypuppet and zburdsal for making this happen!

Word is this morning (from c45y) that the new lobby will go unused in favor of the established and already implemented lobby. So because I think we created a really fantastic volcano anyway here are some images of it below to mourn it's passing:

r2FsKEGl.jpg

RL99DHUl.jpgzaNJ7XEl.jpgVxkIPAPl.jpgeE5Ai1cl.png

Zburd that's what I was trying to do with my testing!!! I'm glad someone made it work - it can't be pasted into the world somewhere as just a landscape feature or secret cave? (IIRC the inside is hollow. Would make a interesting g treasure find or mob spawner)

It would be a great lobby, but c45y practically bit my head off this morning when I started talking about using it. He said:

"I have no idea if we could get a tech to load it and then relink the portals in the 12 ish hours we have to do it"

"not worth the effort"

...and after a bit more explaining:

"MasterCommaThe: can you just let it go"

"we don't need buildings"

"we need rest and people during the event"

"not wearing themselves out beforehand"

"the lobby isnt going to happen, but the world still needs changes"

So I took that as the final word.

It's ready to go, if you know how to make it happen, please do.

Guest Former Staff

I don't think selectively editing parts of a conversation here is productive. Can we keep the focus on-topic please (despite this topic about to run it's course)?

It would be a great lobby, but c45y practically bit my head off this morning when I started talking about using it. He said:

-- snip --

So I took that as the final word.

It's ready to go, if you know how to make it happen, please do.

I've been kinda stewing over this all day, my initial reaction was a giant fuck you for taking things totally out of context, I totally overreacted to the situation and had a go at Switch, who was just trying to do his job. 

In the interest of whatever future interactions we have together MasterCommaThe I would like to apologize if what I said to you sounded harsh or mean, that was not my intention, I had your interests at heart and was trying to prevent you from wasting time on a project I thought could not be completed in the time left to us. The way I talk to to others is something that has declined as my frustration has grown at certain aspects of nerd.nu, it is something I have to continue to work to improve.

In the interest of clarification for those not a part of IRC I have provided the full log of our interactions at the following url https://gist.github.com/stevommmm/d8b1eacb29831317ec17

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

May I request that this topic is closed once CTF launches in 13 hours and that this topic is moved to the archives after the event is finished please?

Seems we've passed the event now, might we have this topic closed and shifted to the archives please?

If the next fundraiser is due in four months+ (October - December) then we'll need to start planning for it as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...