Jump to content
Barlimore

Revision 22: Changelog

Recommended Posts

29th April

  • We just held our first padmin meeting as a quad, here are our public meeting notes:
    • Spoiler

       

      • We confirmed that we’re up to date with the latest new moderator training. However, are looking to schedule a retraining session with the latest returning moderator for next weekend. We will be reaching out again to settle a time.
      • Updating our internal documentation for new padmins is well underway and will be done imminently.
      • We confirmed the intent to move ahead with a draft for the hopper policy, in our group conversation with the head and tech admins. Moving at a cautious pace so far to aim for a consistent, fair and clear policy.
      • We confirmed that the poetry competition is reaching the midway point. We have received 15 submissions so far and intend to publish reminders leading up to the closing date of May 5th.
      • We confirmed that our team size has doubled and have aimed to ensure that all permissions and shared documentation have team-wide ownership.
      • We have confirmed plans to release a portal clue this weekend for the existing portal, and a clue next weekend for the yet-to-be-placed portal.
      • We confirmed that we have updated the PvE Information guide with the ore drop and spawn trader information.
      • We observed the progress on one of our next events, which will reward a shulker spawner for the first to complete it.
      • We confirmed plans to test a new plugin, providing a quality of life update to the dragon fight, on pve-dev shortly.
      • We confirmed plans to sink into padmin training with both new additions to the team, both with live examples and from our documentation.
      • We confirmed plans to review, in future, a time to bring back former mapworlds, to allow people to request them transferred to the permanent mapworld.
      • We confirmed plans to begin building another event.

       

       

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th May

  • We have published reminders that the Poetry Competition closes at midnight tonight, EDT.
  • We recently held a padmin meeting, here are our public meeting notes:
    Spoiler

     

    • We confirmed that moderator retraining is scheduled for after our meeting.
    • We confirmed that our padmin documentation was undergoing proofreading before being fully updated. This will allow the new padmins to be up to speed on all of the remaining processes.
    • We confirmed that the hopper policy is ongoing with the tech and head admins. We are continuing to stay on a slow and steady course, to avoid any uninformed, rash decisions.
    • We confirmed plans to close the poetry competition shortly, having received 25 valid submissions.
    • We established a larger focus on the upcoming shulker event.
    • We confirmed intent to approve a solution to automate issues with the dragon drops.
    • We confirmed plans to go through more Padmin training over time.
    • We confirmed that failsafes had been implemented to ensure continuation of padmins, should some of us “win a trip to Mars.”
    • We confirmed an intent to push back the return of former mapworlds, so that we can focus our attentions on other events and tasks first.
    • We confirmed an intent to push back another event for the same reason.
    • We are exploring ideas for using the suggestionbox in an alternate manner. Our responses to suggestions have ceased until we move forward (though all are being read and discussed still).
    • We confirmed intent to handle better documentation of admin requests admin-wide.
    • We confirmed intent to add the Deadmap to the /maps command.
    • We confirmed intent to further investigate a teleportation bug within the end, which has caused a number of deaths.
    • We confirmed intent to provide the next wave of spawn trades with the Archaeologists’ Guild.

     

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11th May

  • We have announced the winners of the Archaeologists' Guild: Poetry Competition:  https://goo.gl/y4gTYP
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12th May

  • We held a padmin meeting today, here are our public meeting notes:
    Spoiler

     

    • We confirmed that moderator retraining has been completed for the latest re-addition and that we have reached out to prepare for moderator training with the latest addition.
    • We have confirmed that our internal documentation has been updated and that we will use it to further train up new padmins with everything that we cover.
    • We confirmed intent to take action on the hopper policy as soon as possible, where we will be first returning to the head and tech admins before creating a public post.
    • We confirmed that the poetry competition had concluded with the winners selected from a total of 32 valid submissions. All prizes are sat at spawn for people to claim, we have been contacting some people as we see them to remind them that their prizes await.
    • We confirmed progress towards a deadline on the shulker spawner event, and have decided to award the creeper spawner in this same event too based on criteria that we’ll announce with the event.
    • We confirmed that NerdyDragon is live on P, having gone through testing and we have not seen any new admin requests related to dragon drops due to this plugin.
    • We confirmed plans to move ahead with bringing back former mapworlds in the near future, pending a technical issue related to new worlds and lag.
    • We confirmed plans to further divide development on an unannounced event to work towards a new deadline.
    • We confirmed plans to announce a change to the handling of the suggestionbox on P.
    • We reiterated plans to develop documentation for all admins on handling P issues.
    • We confirmed that the deadmap was added to the /maps command.
    • We confirmed that a solution had been implemented to prevent needless deaths in the end from a teleportation issue.
    • We confirmed that the spawn trades had been updated once again.
    • We discussed intent to follow up with the head admins for an ongoing issue.
    • We discussed the approaches we want to take for changing the information guide to be more user friendly.

     

     

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 19th

  • We held a padmin meeting moments ago, here are our public meeting notes:
Spoiler

 

Completed Actions:

  • Hopper Policy is now live.
  • Maze Event is now live with over 30 people beginning this event within the first 24 hours. Winners are being added to a wall inside spawn.
  • Suggestionbox handling has changed.

Ongoing Actions:

  • Moderator training for the latest moderator will proceed by next weekend, and we plan to communicate with them again shortly to arrange a training time.
  • We plan to reset the moderator training area again in time for that training session.
  • Padmin training will continue as and when we encounter new experiences to learn from with new padmins.
  • Bringing back the former mapworlds has begun, where we are now preparing to move the former maps to the current mapworld in a new area.
  • Our next event is doing well and we have plans to set a date and time for it at our next team meeting.
  • We will be aiming to document handling of admin requests for all admins soon.
  • We will return to the head admins to update regarding an ongoing situation.
  • We have targeted two areas of the Information Guide to receive a new lick of paint with the goal of new-user friendly.
  • We will begin planning our meeting notes shortly, for a potential staff meeting this month.
  • We agreed to request a command is made available for admin use on pve.
  • We are starting to plan a new event and will return to the next team meeting with a document to outline the event in detail.
  • We will hold our next team meeting on Sunday of next weekend.
  • Here are all the suggestion box submissions we have reviewed as a team:

 

  • Here are the suggestion box submissions that we have reviewed as a team:
  1. Spoiler

     

    1. As someone not quite in the top 20 in usage, affording the Reinforced Elytra was not the difficult after I found out the cost... it just took a bit of work and some mining trips with standard gear to achieve. I think the costs are ...
    2. ... appropriate at this time, consider how they are an end-game item.
    3. Any updates on when we can expect additional spawners like the creeper or witch to be released?
    4. the reason people are unhappy with the elytra and there seem to be no good options is because it's being treated as a "problem that must be solved" when there was nothing wrong with it to begin with
    5. Placing a chest (or any LWC lockable) in a region should automatically add r:regionname to the ACL.
    6. If possible, add functionality for glazed terracotta blocks that's similar to shulkers and logs with bonemeal
    7. add some variation to the value of different rare fossils. Maybe some super rare nether ones that only drop from quartz.
    8. please remove caps filter i need it so bad but very infrequently i swear
    9. Add a way to remove names from an armor stand: /stand name <blank> or /stand name none
    10. Can you use nerdydragon for golem souls and fossils too, so the itemelevator effect doesn't take them out of reach?
    11. Next rev, please return to the previous way of obtaining elytra from past revisions. This new system is 100% terrible. Don't make decisions that cater to a minority who dislike elytra.
    12. Please implement a better way of engaging with suggestions and replys that doesn't rely on archaic forum systems
    13. give players a chat message when they enter a pvp zone
    14. admin-placed command blocks with specific admin-set commands for certain things on sale at market. e.g. a setblock block for opening and closing large doors
    15. remove player perms for using wood swords to check regions. players can use /rg i instead. wood swords do have a place in survival mc.
    16. Plz can we have AFK messages enabled?
    17. re-open the suggestion forums instead of making everything worse by removing them and then shutting down the response threads
    18. enable tnt block damage below y50 in unprotected areas. let it not destroy ores, so it is more useful for mining.
    19. glazed terracotta surface changing with bonemeal like logs/shulkers
    20. cross server clanchats

     

     

Edited by Barlimore
Fighting the forum formatting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26th May

  • Mapworld plot usage has been updated once more at the spawn plot. 35 plots are free in the existing area!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27th May

  • Following a suggestion box submission, we've included ender chests at the shulker spots at the spawn Archaeologists' Guild.
  • We just held a padmin meeting, here are our public meeting notes:

 

Spoiler

 

Completed Actions:

  • The moderator training area logs were reset.
  • Further documentation was created to allow for all padmins to reset the moderator training area.
  • The latest moderator training with Nistune is finished.
  • We updated the head admins to conclude an ongoing issue.
  • An admin-only command was made available to us on P for emergency use.
  • At spawn, the traders were updated once more to include decorative skulls.
  • Our staff meeting notes for the May Staff Meeting are prepared ready for the meeting next weekend.

 

Ongoing Actions:

  • The next event is continuing behind the scenes. Significant progress has been made and we have decided upon a date to aim for. To allow for extra time to finish preparing for this event, we will be announcing the date/time next weekend.
  • Mapworld has undergone significant progress in plot expansion and returning maps from former mapworlds. We expect to have a post detailing all of this by the end of the week.
  • Admin documentation is continuing for admin requests, with an expected post coming by the end of this week for admins only.
  • We’re reviewing early drafts for some updates to the Information Guide, to make it more friendly for new people to understand.
  • Our outline for the next big event has been reviewed and we are moving forward with creating the event.
  • We have plans to have the new padmins run existing padmins through moderator training to ensure that everyone is delivering the same experience. This will allow new moderators to be trained up by more padmins.
  • We’ve reached out to the latest moderator addition, Ruthlesssss to set expectations for training in two weeks time.
  • Following a discussion on broken spawners being caught in xray roll backs, we’re reaching out with a tech admin to request a change to prevent these spawners returning as pig spawners.

 

  •  

Here are the suggestion box submissions that we have reviewed this week:

  • Spoiler

     

    • A place to put shulker boxes at the Archaeologists’ Guild.
    • Could there be an ender chest at the shulker spot at spawn?
    • Villagers having one "random" trade slot would add some variety to villager markets between towns

     

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2nd June

  • We just held a padmin meeting. Our public meeting notes are here:

 

Spoiler

 

Completed Actions:

  • Admin request documentation has been published among admins.
  • A padmin training session for training moderators has been completed.

Ongoing Actions:

  • We are moving forward with final testing across this week for an event next weekend, to be announced very shortly.
  • The mapworld update is almost done! We’ve put a lot of work into adding new plots and moving maps from all prior mapworlds across.
  • For the information guide, we have three sections targeted for updates, with the first being for mapworld.
  • On a future event, we have spent some time focussing on increasing the detail in our planning documentation, to ensure plans and building work closely match one another, so that the event flows better for people experiencing it. This is going to be a big effort from us, so expect future updates!
  • We are on track to schedule moderator training for our pre-planned time window. We’ll be reaching out to him this week to lock in a time.
  • One final padmin training session for training moderators remains. This will ensure that our entire team are providing the same consistent training experience in line with our documentation.
  • A request to increase the render distance on P will be submitted to the tech admins.
  • Our team is beginning to compile a draft post for the Mid Rev Feedback topic, in advance of us reaching the mid rev point.

 

  •  
  • Here are the suggestion box submissions that we reviewed this week:
    Spoiler

     

    • Can we add red sand to the Minecraft recipe book? It currently isn't on there so crafting it from red dye and sand takes a while. Thanks!
    • Please make ghasts only shoot fireballs when within render distance. It is very confusing when you get hit with fireballs but can't fight back
    • Make the wither fight more difficult
    • please make boats stackable like minecarts

     

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4th June

  • We have released three new Map World areas, increasing the number of free plots from 34 to 514 https://goo.gl/7i96Ba
  • The server's render distance has been increased to 6 chunks.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10th June

  • The render distance was decreased from 6 to 5 due to TPS issues.
  • We just held a padmin meeting, here are our public meeting notes:

 

Spoiler

 

Completed Actions:

  • We have hosted two mob arenas to cater for different timezones which resulted in around 40 people being mercilessly murdered!
  • Our mapworld update is now live! In summary, we added all the maps from revisions 17 to 19 into the current mapworld and expanded mapworld by several hundred new plots.
  • We have trained the latest moderator addition.

Ongoing Actions:

  • Various information guide updates are on final approval, before being published to the wiki.
  • Our next major event is still underway. We are expecting this to take a significant amount of time and effort to come together, so for the meantime…
  • We have put into motion two new events, with the first scheduled for this week. The first is a build competition and the second is an elytra race event.
  • We have the mid-revision feedback topic in draft, awaiting team approval ahead of our schedule for releasing.
  • A final padmin training session is scheduled to better coordinate our moderator training.
  • Documentation and training sessions have been proposed to allow for all padmins to become familiar with worldpainter tools to create custom nethers.
  • Discussion over a player run event has reached a conclusion and we will follow up with the individual to detail how we can help.
  • A tentative end of revision date has been set so that we can begin planning backwards from that date and filling those weeks with sleepless nights.

 

  •  
  • We reviewed the following suggestion box submissions this week:
    Spoiler

     

    • your own head drops on death by lightning
    • allow players to use formatting codes on signs but not anvils
    • let users disable [server] announcements. Some people have other ways of getting announcements (reddit, discord, twitter, forums, etc), and the constant messages get repetitive and can clog up chat.

     

     

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 6th

A few sections of the PvE Information Guide on the wiki have recieved a coat of fresh paint:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 16th

  • We have published the Mid-Rev Feedback topic both on the forums and the subreddit. We invite your feedback to either of these posts across the next two weeks.
  • We recently held a padmin meeting, here are our public meeting notes:

Completed Actions:

  1. Spoiler

     

    1. The sections we planned to update on the Information Guide have now been updated to be clearer for newer members of the community.
    2. All padmins are now up to date with the latest training practices we use to bring new moderators up to speed on how to handle moderation on P.
    3. Documentation on worldpainting the nether is now available for our team to start practicing with.

     

     

Ongoing Actions:

  1. Spoiler

     

    1. Our larger event is still ongoing in preparation. We will continue to develop it this week and prepare for future building of the event itself.
    2. The mid-rev feedback topic is approved by the team and we intend to publish this today, officially signalling the start of our Revision 23 preparation.
    3. Our build contest will release this weekend.
    4. For the elytra race event, we have make some new decisions on how this event will shape up. We are aiming for a prototype alongside documentation among our team soon.
    5. We will seek an individual down over the subreddit to clarify how we may assist with player-run events, in accordance with our guidelines on the wiki.
    6. We have tentatively decided upon a theme for Revision 23 and how this theme would fit into the world.
    7. Following up on a mapworld request, we will reach out to various techs to query the mapworld livemap rendering based on world edits.
    8. A minor section of the PvE Moderation Guide is to be included, to further expand upon the information available to assist moderators.
    9. Our padmin training document for training moderators will be updated further.
    10. While we observe the session trackers regularly, we will be analysing them closer across this next week to measure an anticipated change from what we had forecast.
    11. Following discussions, we will draft a team response to the pvp topic.
    12. The next padmin meeting has been confirmed for our regular Saturday slot.

     

     

Additionally, here are the suggestions we have reviewed this week:

  • Spoiler

     

    • please don't allow horses to get damaged by arrows from other players while you're riding the horse.
    • you should make it so that when you mine diamonds, there should be a small percentage of a chance for a crate key to drop.
    • Can we get padmin feedback on the possibility of revamping PvP rules as mentioned here: https://nerd.nu/forums/topic/4850-pvp-discussion/
    • Add signs at spawn that when u click them they give u a link to the pve information guide for new players.
      • (This already exists at the spawn signs)

     

    •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 19th

  • Daily livemap renders for mapworld have begun, courtesy of Dumbo52 to ensure that world edits on the livemap are rendering automatically.
Edited by Barlimore
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 24th

  • We just held a padmin meeting, here are our public meeting notes:

 

Spoiler

 

Completed Actions:

  1. The Archaeologist’s Sculpture Contest has gone live! We have been compiling all of the entries so far in anticipation of the judging.
  2. We reached out to an individual who is looking to organise an event on P, to clarify the scope of how we can help with it.
  3. Our team made a decision to not allow modreqs that request mapworld livemap renders, instead we have requested daily livemap renders of mapworld thanks to Dumbo52’s efforts!
  4. We have updated the PvE Moderation Guide with an additional subsection.
  5. Additionally, our internal padmin document for moderator training has been updated to reflect this new subsection we’ll be covering during training.
  6. We have been responding to and discussing the ongoing pvp discussion.

 

Ongoing Actions:

  1. Progress for our more time consuming event (to build) is ongoing. We’ve hit progress milestones this week!
  2. The mid rev feedback topic is out and we are in the process of drafting responses, pending team review before they are published.
  3. For the sculpture contest, we have been collecting submissions and documenting them ready for judging.
  4. Our elytra race event is coming along - we’re hoping to see the fastest elytra users give this event a shot when it is released!
  5. We will continue to review the activity on P following the release of the snapshot server.
  6. Preparation for our team notes for the June 30th staff meeting will be underway shortly.
  7. Plans for some very American special trades are underway.

 

  1.  

 

  • Additionally, here are the suggestion box submissions that we reviewed this week:
  1. Spoiler

     

    1. nerd.nu/place(/pve) website that outputs the coords of all /place entries with links to livemap/carto, also displays in voxelmap format just in case
      1. This suggestion was actioned on June 20th.
    2. better help response when typing /chopper with no args

     

     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×