PvP on Creative

knapptime18

Hey all,

Something that came to my attention with the start of this new rev on C is the fact that when in survival mode, PvP is enabled. I'm not sure if this was intentional but I figured I would bring it up to get some opinions on the matter.

Personally, I think PvP should be disabled on C altogether. I believe this is what was done previously. Allowing PvP could cause a lot of drama and annoyance for people who enjoy building in survival mode. Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that pearls, potions, and bows are all disabled on C, so even if people were to set up PvP arenas, they really would be lacking key features in the PvP experience.

What do you guys think? Should we be asking the CAdmins to remove PvP from C when in survival mode?

Guest Former Staff

I understand the creative admins had spoken with the survival admins sometime recently to discuss this being enabled, the decision was to keep this disabled. I'll pass this onto the creative admins to expand upon the decision and make sure is disabled as this does not seem to be intentional.

Just weighing in an opinion. I enjoyed having PVP'ers on C the last few days. I don't see the purpose of denying someone the ability to quickly construct a PVP arena in Creative, and then use it. Least of all, I don't think I've seen how PVP on C disturbs any of the creative process, especially since the advent of clanchat. I'm all for intentionally enabling this for players to give them more options, even if they are limited in some ways.

• Upvote 1

The problem I see with this is, let's say I'm digging in survival mode with an enchanted pick and a beacon because it's faster than clicking. What's stopping somebody from teleporting to me with an enchanted sword, switching to survival, and killing me with one hit? Now I have to teleport back to my build, give myself all the items that I lost, and re-enchant my tools.

I dont see the need to remove it really, knapptime18 talked about tping to people digging in survival and killing them, but reality is this NEVER happens.

Also if it did happen you could always use /tpmode ask. The only problems with the current status of pvp on creative are things that 1. are very rare, and 2. never happen.

I was afraid there might be some disagreements. Hopefully we can get a CAdmin in here and have a full length discussion. If this is something that a majority of the players want, then I'm totally cool with cPvP. I'm just afraid of the possibility of it being abused versus the limited benefit that I see it having.

Guest Former Staff

I think the key to my above reply is a question of: "What is the cost of enabling PVP on C? I don't see one, only a potential benefit."

When looking into creative alone, there are only benefits. Considering that taking pvp away from our survival server which has dwindling numbers was one of the main concerns.

The only concern I encountered last night was that it is quite possible to spawncamp someone and prevent them from changing modes if you can kill them fast enough. All that the attacker would have to do is kill them once, use /spawn and hack away. I don't want the PvP removed from C but it would be a good idea to make spawn a non-pvp zone to prevent this.

Ideally gsand's idea would be best suited to preventing this altogether.

• Upvote 2

The only concern I encountered last night was that it is quite possible to spawncamp someone and prevent them from changing modes if you can kill them fast enough. All that the attacker would have to do is kill them once, use /spawn and hack away. I don't want the PvP removed from C but it would be a good idea to make spawn a non-pvp zone to prevent this.

Ideally gsand's idea would be best suited to preventing this altogether.

I actually fixed this possible problem. I made the spawn region so that everyone in the spawn region is now forced into creative mode.

• Upvote 2