Survival General Feedback Thread

Mrloud15

It has been about a week since the new rev started and we feel like it would be a good time to get some feedback about it. This post can be used to give feedback about anything from the removal of clan hall to the road layout.

• Based on the large amount of messages we have received about these topics we will be making separate posts for them. These topics are Beds on Survival, SimpleClans, and Combat Tag. Please keep any comments about these topics in their respective post.

• Upvote 2

The only feedback I have about general survival (other than to say that I think the negative in-chat trolling has gone down in a very pleasing way) is that I believe that the spambot is overzealous. I'm constantly receiving warnings about chat spam, and I would attest that I am indeed not spamming chat with normal conversation. Is there anything that can be done about that?

• Upvote 2

The only feedback I have about general survival (other than to say that I think the negative in-chat trolling has gone down in a very pleasing way) is that I believe that the spambot is overzealous. I'm constantly receiving warnings about chat spam, and I would attest that I am indeed not spamming chat with normal conversation. Is there anything that can be done about that?

We had the someone spamming chat with a bunch of alt accounts the other day.  I cranked up the NCP chat settings after that.  I can look for a middle ground.

• Upvote 2

A change I'd like to see is some sort of announcement when large changes to survival gameplay are made. There still has been no announcement about friendly fire being enabled in SimpleClans, and the ff toggle permission being removed. Luckily our clan figured it out when we weren't in a large fight or something.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the post unrelated to the question just posed.

We had the someone spamming chat with a bunch of alt accounts the other day.  I cranked up the NCP chat settings after that.  I can look for a middle ground.

Was this ever fixed? I still get spambotted randomly. It's possible it's less often, but it's definitely still an issue.

Really need to make a rule about being able to kill everything in your area. If you have a claim and have animals, they should not be allowed to kill everything. They should have to leave atleast 2 of each animal. They are a pain to find and get all the way to your area.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping with a new question.

What do you guys think about the terrain setup?

I've enjoyed the terrain set up so far. I am extremely glad that amplified terrain does not take up more of the map. However, I think it was a good move to include it, because there are players that really enjoy it.

Really need to make a rule about being able to kill everything in your area. If you have a claim and have animals, they should not be allowed to kill everything. They should have to leave atleast 2 of each animal. They are a pain to find and get all the way to your area.

I dont see this rule changing. I'm not sure the exact reasoning behind why S does not have this rule, but it doesnt seem to be a  big enough issue to most payers to try and implement it. The best thing to do is hide your animals underground. In the rev where we still needed leather to create books, I successfully hid cows under my land claim (which was on a road) the entire rev.

EDIT: Also just noticed the roads have been modified! Thanks MrLoud or whoever else changed it :D

Edited by djt832

It isn't just - are you, the current long term players, satisfied by it - but also what would new players think of it. For someone who is new to the game, or new to multiplayer what are their assumptions about how hard they need to try to protect things? How many difficult lessons would they want to learn without giving up.

• Upvote 1

It isn't just - are you, the current long term players, satisfied by it - but also what would new players think of it.

I would love to hear more input from newer players and I dont think any long term players are shutting them out of this discussion. However, it seems that the majority of our new players are not active on this forum. Now, seeing as this is a general feed back thread, lets try to keep it to that. If you would like to give some feedback, instead of just criticising long term players for giving their input, that would be great.

I'd like to ask a question- 

Are nether portals in/under spawn a problem? I've made this suggestion, and so have others so I wonder if there is an issue about it. For what I can tell, players don't really get an advantage, and it's faster to leave spawn if you want to. That can be an alternative to having spawn in the nether?

• Upvote 2

Are nether portals in/under spawn a problem? I've made this suggestion, and so have others so I wonder if there is an issue about it. For what I can tell, players don't really get an advantage, and it's faster to leave spawn if you want to. That can be an alternative to having spawn in the nether?

Now that you've mentioned this, I'm curious. This could bring in some new ideas for spawn designs (future revs), much less countless hours bounding down the roads and more playing s.nerd.nu. The portals at spawn system seems to work well on P, it could work even better on S because the portal/s would hold a lot of strategic influence and bring players to make choices - Overworld or Nether? 

I would like too see this too, and like buchanman, I don't really see a disadvantage to it. I'd be interested in hearing if their are any problems with this proposal.

I personally would be fine with having a portal at spawn. If for whatever reason it does not work out we can always remove it during the rev.

We looked into having spawn in the nether for rev 23, but after some testing we found that there would be too much lag.

• Upvote 1

Done

• Upvote 2