tacodude3

The Face Behind the Name

288 posts in this topic

We've had several of these threads in the past on the subreddit, each being very popular.

It's been awhile since the last one, so go ahead and post a picture of yourself! Let's see the people we've wasted so much time with!

Of course now would be the time iPhoto needs a seven hour update.  Oh well, crappy impromptu webcam photo it is.

(Removed my own picture for reasons)

I'm a lover. I'm also not the ripped one on the left, lol.

T6r5e.jpg

We had one pretty resen- holy crap that was 4 months ago. Well here's me a couple days ago, twas bright out.

VO9VyP7.jpg

Looking into sun, not that good of a pic :P

DbUfW9z.jpg

Edited by nolanater5711

kitcat, that's a gorgeous picture of you! :3

I didn't intend to take this picture (was rather bright out, and couldn't see on the screen that the front camera was on, not the back), but I rather like it

2pYMqst.jpg

and for some reason I'm in a bit of a boasting mood today, so here's a poor scan of me meeting the President in the Oval Office  :biggrin:

6KOFx.jpg

Thrawn, you win all the up-votes :D

Edited by Skylord_Char

Go Thrawn! If you don't mind me asking, what allowed you to have that honorable meet with the president?

Man, I was just going to take a selfie or something, then thrawn has to go and pull out the Obama photo.  So I dug through my archives and found one my buddy Neil took of our friend Buzz and he happened to catch me in the background:

xL1GYJGl.jpg

Damn, no way I can one up Thrawn... Maybe a bathroom selfie the next time I swing by DC?  :laugh:

How did you get to meet the president?

Ahaha tom, post a proper one!

And I was the 2010-11 Natl. Sea Scout Bosn, which meant I was a part of the Report to the Nation, a yearly BSA event where they take the top scouts from around the country and bring them to D.C. to meet with a large portion of our nation's leadership, where we let them know what's happened in scouting in the past year. 

But sorry for taking things off-topic >.<

SjP6GGI.jpg

This is my sweet ass camera and my sweet ass lighting setup

and for some reason I'm in a bit of a boasting mood today, so here's a poor scan of me meeting the President in the Oval Office  :biggrin:

Wow that's incredible Thrawn.  I had no idea we were in the presence of royalty.  It's like a little bit of that power was transferred to you or something...

I suppose I should fire away.  This is my first time in Italy after I emerged from the beautiful Milano Centrale train station.

WUHwhCB.jpg

A few minutes after I snapped this pic, a lanky dude ran by me awkwardly clutching a bag.  Hearing shouting behind me, I turned around to see three cops running after him.  It was super surreal and a timely reminder for a rookie traveller like myself.  I held my phone a lot closer to me after that!

Edited by gdavison

Finding an image to capture "/me" was tough... I included one for an intense meeting, from my volunteer youth leadership meetings:

m3yT4n2.jpg

Edited by nealsmith

Well its no picture of me and the president, but I would much rather have her on my arm

KhoAQOT.jpg?1

Edited by Weazol

That's so sweet Weazol! What do each of the medals represent?