New Idea for a Server, War

poketoke

War Would be a Pve/Survival Sorta Crossbreed.

IDEA

In this. There are two main towns. And a freezone in the middle. 

Each team has 5 days to prepare there towns for war! Every Tuesday and Thursday there will be war. TnT Cannons will be enabled. and firespread enabled.

And you fight eachother, And try to steal the other teams "Core" ( A nether star in a Chest in a Obsidian chamber

But what about traitors? They burn your walls and kill your livestock? EXILE THEM! You can vote to kick someone out of your town. They could join another town. or form there own in the freezone.

so. to get your resources. but dont want to chop all them trees? Grab a few players and gank the other team on there lumber jacking job! 

So enjoy war. and stab anyone you hate in the FACE

Also, I Don't Know anywhere else to put this.... XD

-Love Poketoke

:D

Edited by poketoke
  • Upvote 1

My Support/Lack Thereof:

I would love this! I like how the towns are completely protected until war day, in which all hell breaks loose!

My Reasons for My Opinion:

-It would be hella fun

-It would bring in new 'War Enthusiast' players to the nerd community.

-It would unite the S and P players, bringing us closer together

My Suggestions (please add this to the OP):

-I think that TNT and firespread should be disabled in town areas on all days except for War Day, in which we can fire/TNT grief (the other towns) to our hearts content. 

-Each player lets a town claim another 50 more square blocks.

-There should be ~200 blocks of wilderness (always PvP, always grief) between towns.

My wonderings:

-Will towns be able to banish turncoat/teamkiller players?

-Will we replace a server like S or E, or create a new server?

-Should players be able to create new towns?

So.....CTF?

We do this every year for a donation drive. A server like this would only make it stale.

Not really, it's more or less PvE 6 days an IRL week, and then every week a 'war day' happens where there are 24 hours of PvP, and the cycle repeats until one of the towns prove superior. (and then a new rev happens?)

My Support/Lack Thereof:

I would love this! I like how the towns are completely protected until war day, in which all hell breaks loose!

My Reasons for My Opinion:

-It would be hella fun

-It would bring in new 'War Enthusiast' players to the nerd community.

-It would unite the S and P players, bringing us closer together

My Suggestions (please add this to the OP):

-I think that TNT and firespread should be disabled in town areas on all days except for War Day, in which we can fire/TNT grief (the other towns) to our hearts content. 

-Each player lets a town claim another 50 more square blocks.

-There should be ~200 blocks of wilderness (always PvP, always grief) between towns.

My wonderings:

-Will towns be able to banish turncoat/teamkiller players?

-Will we replace a server like S or E, or create a new server?

-Should players be able to create new towns?

With these additions you would have my support, but we definitely aren't removing S for it. Players will still want a pure pvp 100% of the time server. Though I could see E being used for this since it's barely ever ran for events.

• Upvote 1

War *would be a PvE*/Survival Sorta Crossbreed.

IDEA

The *idea is that War will be 2 *towns, *starting with just a town hall.* Players *make homes and *protect them, *then *you go into The Middle (assuming this is a place) to *harvest *resources. The *idea is that there are 3 *zones, 2 *towns and in the middle is PvP. *Most of the resources are there, and every *week *there is War Day.* All *protection *falls and war *happens.

The *goal is to *ransack the *enemy, *and *destroy *the Town Core. but the battles may be mighty! *the Town Core Is 10x reinforced obsidian with a beacon in the middle.* There might *be a *skirmish *for a *forest in the middle;* every now and then the middle will reset, and every rev the whole map will reset.* So maybe the Little middle resets will be .revs so there might be rev 5.2, I would Like some support or anything on this idea! There might be a Court To banish Teamkillers and Town Greifers, Also, Tnt Will be Enabled In the Wilderness, So if you can Hold Your Ground You can Harrass The Town With TNT Cannons, And Firespread Will only be on War day  (Don't understand half of this / got lazy)

FTFY

Also, does it not pain you To Type This Way?

...the overall goal sounds exactly like the Castle Wars minigame, with a higher emphasis on creating fortifications than just flat-out storming the keep. Not exactly a new concept, though would be interesting for a week/2.

Side note, who else remembers war.nerd?

• Upvote 1

I know some details about the planned server Barney is talking about. That plan made great efforts to keep the whole thing sustainable while still pleasing survival players. I think it'd need to be fairly close to that for a long running rev, otherwise it'd be an event. It seems a great fit for a test S revision.

I revised the post a bit for you, I think you should replace the current post with this:

WAR

A PvE and Survival crossbreed

War is a town-based PvP game where every week town protections are dropped, and a battle takes place.

There are  3 zones. 2 (or possibly more) towns, and a 200~500 block thick wilderness in between. In the wilderness, PvP and Grief is always on, resulting in a chaos, where anything is allowed and enabled, except for teamkilling. In towns, their citizens are protected from PvP and Grief. However, every week there is a War Day lasting 24 hours, and all the town PvP and Grief protections are dropped, and the towns are able to attack each-other, resulting in a battle. After war day, the server enters a Peace Week, where towns can regroup, rebuild, and re-prepare for the next War Day.

Upon joining the server for the first time, players will choose to join an existing town, or create one on their own for their friends to join. (or possibly become town-less). Players can change their town later, but they have to wait 2 IRL days after their last town-change to prevent town-hopping and treason. Towns start of with 100 blocks of protection surrounding the town hall. When a new player joins a town, 50 blocks are added to the new protection to accommodate the new player. When a new town is created, players must make the initial protection farther than 200 blocks from another town, but within 500 blocks of it.

The goal is to ransack and loots the enemy, as well as possibly destroy an object call The Town Core. 

The Town Core is a beacon, glowstone block, or some other precious block heavily reinforced with obsidian. Towns start out with a Town Core under their town hall, and fortify it to their liking. If a town's core is destroyed, the town loses all it's protections forever, and possibly becomes a colony of the victor town.

Obviously, any sort of teamkilling would be disabled. To banish teamkillers, treacherous players and greifers, towns would vote to banish the treacherous player and make them townless. A banishment requires a %40(?) vote from the whole town.

Also, TNT and firespread will be enabled in the wild, and on war day, firespread will be enabled in the enemy town, but not TNT. Directly TNTing enemy towns would be overpowered, but TNT cannons set up in the wild would be viable.  

Edited by flameoguy

• 2 months later...