General Discussion for Creative Server

Magnyus

As the title indicates, this is a general discussion about any questions, comments, concerns, ideas, issues, etc. that you may have in regards to the Creative server.

I made this topic to see how much information we could extract from the community to give Staff a better idea of what's going on. Mostly because the meeting on June 15th made it pretty clear that we aren't as organised as we could be.

Your contributions will be much appreciated.

Relevant notes from Meeting

Broadcasts and calendar entries for server wide events, eg 10 minute builds

/Ignore coming

/tppos probably not coming, depending on repeater protection

If someone comes from a griefing video try to talk them into noticing the builds and making their own

Player controllable time is low priority

Will be down for the CTF

• Upvote 1

I would be interested in a moving spawn. Rather than having the map periodically expand outwards I think it would be interesting to have it expand linearly and the spawn should move with it. Or rather a new spawn should be created with every move and the previous one will become a warp. This will prevent the area around spawn from being stagnant over a revision. What do you think? Upvote if you support this idea. If you think I'm off my rocker downvote. If you have a better idea, or way to improve it make a new post and i promise I'll read it.

I would like to see some improvements made to survival mode. right now, durability is STILL broken, as it has been for the majority of the current rev. so it takes STACKS, lots of STACKS, to get much out of it. you then end up with a bunch of ghost blocks because when the stack emptys out, the client registers broken blocks, the server does not. also, i think the possibility of have working health in survival mode would kinda useful in some situations.

• Upvote 1

Guest Former Staff

Firstly, thank you for creating this topic Magnyus, I have been reading this since it was opened and I want everyone who involves themselves within this topic to know that I do keep an eye out for anything you say which is related to creative, particularly constructive feedback like this.

Sexy.

Make Mira spawn. If you do not agree to my offer, I will kill every life form in an 10,000km radius. Thank you. You have 24 hours.

Eehee out.

*dribble*

We do not negotiate wit..

Joking aside, I like Mira as it is an impressive build with plenty of potential. We had decided upon an idea for spawn next revision that we were proceeding with that has been in the works for quite some time, however due to a number of recent events we will be creating an alternative spawn to our original idea. While Mira is not involved in this idea, I do like it's potential future for use.

Relevant notes from Meeting

Broadcasts and calendar entries for server wide events, eg 10 minute builds

/Ignore coming

/tppos probably not coming, depending on repeater protection

If someone comes from a griefing video try to talk them into noticing the builds and making their own

Player controllable time is low priority

Will be down for the CTF

Thank you for noting these Tobylane.

I know that repeaters are protected by worldguard on P. I do not know if this is true on other servers, however.

This would bring most of the concerns aside regarding redstone if viable.

flyspeed. give us /flyspeed 10 option.

What are your concerns that have led you to requesting this?

I would like the map to be expanded again. Since it fills up faster. There is nowhere to build until the rev ends. Also. The Cta lines cutoff some builds sometimes.

I agree with you here, we're looking into expanding as soon as possible. The map needs it.

*edit* Borders are now expanded.

I would be interested in a moving spawn. Rather than having the map periodically expand outwards I think it would be interesting to have it expand linearly and the spawn should move with it. Or rather a new spawn should be created with every move and the previous one will become a warp. This will prevent the area around spawn from being stagnant over a revision. What do you think? Upvote if you support this idea. If you think I'm off my rocker downvote. If you have a better idea, or way to improve it make a new post and i promise I'll read it.

This is a very interesting idea. Keep spawn ideas coming as what we do not use for revision 25, we can look into for beyond this.

I would like to see some improvements made to survival mode. right now, durability is STILL broken, as it has been for the majority of the current rev. so it takes STACKS, lots of STACKS, to get much out of it. you then end up with a bunch of ghost blocks because when the stack emptys out, the client registers broken blocks, the server does not. also, i think the possibility of have working health in survival mode would kinda useful in some situations.

If this helps, it is being looked into and is an open request for our Tech Admins.

Edited by Barlimore

Guest Former Staff

How about spawn building contest for C

We already have our spawn in mind. That said, we'll be revealing some information soon that will tie-in with a number of builds contests.

Is now a good time for starting new, large builds? I mean something on the scale of Dome6 (though not saying I'm planning on anything of the kind any time soon). I think the uncertainty of when the rev will end makes me and likely others reserved about making anything large right now. (Though seeing the region's been expanded, I think I'll start on a tower or something.)

Guest Former Staff

Is now a good time for starting new, large builds? I mean something on the scale of Dome6 (though not saying I'm planning on anything of the kind any time soon). I think the uncertainty of when the rev will end makes me and likely others reserved about making anything large right now. (Though seeing the region's been expanded, I think I'll start on a tower or something.)

For something the scale of Dome6, this may be a little too much to build and guarantee that you could finish it even if you were able to pull the community with you to build this. With builds this big, I recommend creating a planning topic on the subreddit / forums for next revision (we'll be doing this with other builds too).

If you're around long enough you'll get hit by a Rev. change eventually.  

Back in the day my Trapped Temple got a warp and then the next day the new rev. came!

Another time I was near done with a big-ish build, that's why you'll see two very similar builds on two different revs a lot of the time:

Rev. 14: Hull

Rev. 15: Space Battleship Yamato

But it ends up being no big deal as the finished product is that much better for having had a prototype.

Thinking about this has given me the idea for my next major project which will be to either reconstruct Howl's Moving Castle to be the spawn (I'm a Ghibli fan, did you know?) or to make a city on the back of a train (probably referencing "Robot Carnival", go look it up on Youtube!).

flyspeed. give us /flyspeed 10 option.

Firstly, thank you for creating this topic Magnyus, I have been reading this since it was opened and I want everyone who involves themselves within this topic to know that I do keep an eye out for anything you say which is related to creative, particularly constructive feedback like this.

We do not negotiate wit..

Joking aside, I like Mira as it is an impressive build with plenty of potential. We had decided upon an idea for spawn next revision that we were proceeding with that has been in the works for quite some time, however due to a number of recent events we will be creating an alternative spawn to our original idea. While Mira is not involved in this idea, I do like it's potential future for use.

Thank you for noting these Tobylane.

This would bring most of the concerns aside regarding redstone if viable.

What are your concerns that have led you to requesting this?

I agree with you here, we're looking into expanding as soon as possible. The map needs it.

*edit* Borders are now expanded.

This is a very interesting idea. Keep spawn ideas coming as what we do not use for revision 25, we can look into for beyond this.

If this helps, it is being looked into and is an open request for our Tech Admins.

I highly agree with this. Flyspeed is neccesary because the map on C is large and hard to traverse. For example, if a new player were looking for a place to build, they would have to spend about 20 minutes holding their 'Forward' button to find a vacant area.

Of course, speed 7 and up creates lag, so set a limit speed - eg: /flyspeed 4

Many players would appreciate this, as navigation and travel would be far more efficient - possibly some community games could be conjured from it!

flying speed also gives griefers with nuker the ability to move around much more quickly. It allows a loophole for personal flight/speed mods to be used. I'm personally against it, just on those possibilities.

I was browsing the subreddit recently going through some older posts and I believe Andrew4210 had the idea of having PvP area's in C, I think this would be a pretty cool idea when building arenas and just to add a little extra features to the server.

After a short discussion with GMMan, we realised that if we want to get started on any massive builds, the durabilty bug needs to be fixed in order to make goldenpicks and shovels last longer while digging large areas.

I've also noticed the increased traffic lately due to all the contests currently being hosted on the server, I think it further proves my point that having more contest promotes creativity and more traffic from the other two servers.

I would also like to inform those that don't know, MasterCommaThe also has a major contest going on found here:

https://nerd.nu/forum/index.php?/topic/446-contest-on-creative-build-a-zombie-survival-event-base/#entry3229

which should see a few more competitors.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I heard ideas were allowed here?

I was thinking this: /saveinv name.  It saves the current items in the hotbar and can be loaded later by doing /loadinv name. I want this command because looking for the same materials over and over again starts to get boring. Just an idea but I hope this gets added.    Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, was typed on a kindle.

• Upvote 6