Enderpearl Cooldown: Part V - The Result

Mrloud15

Going by the results of this poll and player's comments, we have decided not to enable an enderpearl cooldown plugin at this time. However, we are open to revisiting the idea of enabling an enderpearl cooldown plugin in the future.

Previous Discussions & Polls

• Upvote 2

The trial for this wasn't really conducted at a time where we were able to get a good idea of what all of the players thought. It was trailed at the end of the revision where there were few players and very little PvP. Since the results were mixed, but slightly in favour of keeping an enderpearl cooldown, why not try it for a week whilst everyone is playing and then make the decision based off those results.

• Upvote 2

The trial for this wasn't really conducted at a time where we were able to get a good idea of what all of the players thought. It was trailed at the end of the revision where there were few players and very little PvP. Since the results were mixed, but slightly in favour of keeping an enderpearl cooldown, why not try it for a week whilst everyone is playing and then make the decision based off those results.

I second this.

A re-trial when people are actually playing/pvping would be much better, even though the majority vote was to keep the enderpearl cooldown.

• Upvote 3

I'll first express my bias: I am not particularly fond of the idea of implementing a cool-down plugin for enderpearl usage. It moves us farther away from vanilla minecraft and favors a *specific* strategy in survival and PvP.

That being said, response to the plugin usage in the polls was lukewarm. Only half of those who voted wanted it after the trial - a smaller percentage than those who thought it might be good in polls before the trial. Numerous people who did not vote also contacted me or made modreqs about the technical bugs the plugin we were using had. I would not be in favor of another trial unless we used a different plugin or updated version which fixes the bugs this one had. If anyone has specific plugins to suggest which perform this kind of cooldown, please share them.

• Upvote 3

I'll first express my bias: I am not particularly fond of the idea of implementing a cool-down plugin for enderpearl usage. It moves us farther away from vanilla minecraft and favors a *specific* strategy in survival and PvP.

That being said, response to the plugin usage in the polls was lukewarm. Only half of those who voted wanted it after the trial - a smaller percentage than those who thought it might be good in polls before the trial. Numerous people who did not vote also contacted me or made modreqs about the technical bugs the plugin we were using had. I would not be in favor of another trial unless we used a different plugin or updated version which fixes the bugs this one had. If anyone has specific plugins to suggest which perform this kind of cooldown, please share them.

Could you give a list of the bugs that were reported?

Also, could you link me to the plugin you guys were using?

Thanks.

The main issues related to being unable to interact with tile entities while the cooldown was in effect, no chests, doors, levers, etc. I can scour through logs to find all the PMs I got, if they still exist, and give you details if you like.

We were using this plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/enderpearl-cooldown/

• Upvote 1

The main issues related to being unable to interact with tile entities while the cooldown was in effect, no chests, doors, levers, etc. I can scour through logs to find all the PMs I got, if they still exist, and give you details if you like.

We were using this plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/enderpearl-cooldown/

Sorry for the late reply.

Hm, that's quite weird, we use that plugin and have never had a single bug report.

Have you guys reported the bugs to the plugin dev on the ticket page?

• Upvote 2

I have not. If what you say is true then it's likely some interplay between the cooldown plugin and something else we're running on S. A full bug report would need to include details on everything we're running, I imagine, which I am not equipped to do. I'll talk with a techadmin and see what's up.

• 4 months later...

I don't think we should be revisit this again unless we decide to remove CivCraft, in which case we should try a vote - but preferably not anytime soon as we've spent a lot of time on it already. 

Edited by EeHee2000

I don't think we should be revisit this again unless we decide to remove CivCraft, in which case we should try a vote - but preferably not anytime soon as we've spent a lot of time on it already. 

I agree completely.

Recently, Survival has been focusing more on the CivCraft plugins. Implementing an Enderpearl cooldown was never a pressing issue, and in my opinion not necessary. After the admins poll on the Civ plugins and see where the community wants to go with those, we could take another look at the Enderpearl cooldown idea and the bugs surrounding it. But for now, I think we've looked into it enough. 

Also, for everyone confused as to why a cooldown wasn't added, The reason is pretty obvious. Every poll and thread was completely conflicted; and there was never that much of a majority in favor of the cooldown. Sure, a few players difference in favor of it, but nothing overwhelming.. 

• Upvote 1