PvE Ideas and Suggestions | PvE Changelog

buzzie71

PvE Suggestions
To follow in the footsteps of S and C, PvE will also be maintaining a suggestions page here.  We encourage you to send your suggestions there and vote on what you see!  Though we cannot feasibly accommodate all suggestions, we do actively notice any new suggestions for P that are brought up, and with this page we can also gauge demand for specific requests.  Please bring all your suggestions for P there, though you may also get in touch with us over the subreddit, the forums, email (admins@nerd.nu - note all admins will see your email), and in-game if you have something you'd like to bring to our attention specifically.

PvE Changelog
We will also be maintaining a changelog for the server, and we will endeavor to note any changes that impact gameplay in this log.  Bigger updates will also have a corresponding subreddit post linked in the log.

As with the other changelogs, though anyone may post to this thread, the Padmins reserve the right to remove posts from view when the next log entry is posted, mainly to keep the log uncluttered as it lengthens.

Edited by buzzie71
  • Upvote 6

11/27/2014:

Added a server resource pack that changes chickens to turkeys:

• Chickens are reskinned and given a new ambient sound, and English (US) language file updated to label chickens as turkeys.
  • Regardless of if you accept or decline the use of the server resource pack, you can change your server resource pack setting for P in your multiplayer menu (select server in list -> Edit -> Server Resource Packs)
  • If applied, resource pack will be loaded in your client until you log out of a server, even if you jump between servers with commands (like /survival and /creative)
  • Anticipated duration of change: one day
Edited by buzzie71

• 2 months later...

2/20/2014

Revision 14 taken offline and a whitelisted Revision 15 map brought online for final checks before the launch in ~1 hour.  Don't worry; rev hasn't launched early!

EDIT: Revision 15 is open for business!  Check out the info post here.

We've also turned the hopper tick rate back up to vanilla levels.  Techs will tweak this during the early days of the rev depending on its impact on ticks per second (TPS, a measure of game speed).

Edited by buzzie71

Expansion of pet management, maybe through CCorral?

Mainly thinking of dogs (I think this also applies to cats), which can easily be left behind in cities, on rails, or at Nether Portals for any variety of reasons, but it mainly revolves around their teleportation mechanics; which are blocked by mob-spawn-preventing areas, such as tunnels with slab flooring (which is common), any area covered in not-blocks like Rails (last Rev, usually CARBON), and the entire area around the Spawn Portal on both sides.
A solution to that would be much appreciated. Maybe a command to teleport a dog to your current location, or to teleport multiple ID's with one command. I realize that mob teleportation is probably an iffy subject, but it's a way of fixing the flawed teleportation abilities that they already have in Vanilla MC.
Another thing that could be helpful is a command to manage their sitting/standing state; one problem is that, when traveling through portals, they randomly sit or remain standing. This can be very problematic if they end up in unseen places, or if you're transporting a lot of dogs. However, that's lower priority.

Alternatively, if it's possible to alter their method of following their owner without a mod, that would be much more useful.

• 2 weeks later...

3/11/2015

Death messages stuff:

• Fixed stuttering from reporting killing item.
  • Added in some messages missing from last rev.
  • Kill messages added for all 1.8 mobs (Endermite, Guardian, Rabbit) and Ender Dragon
  • Infamous "cave spider infighting" death message added back in as a possible cave spider death message.

Other stuff (belated):

• Rabbits are now subject to MobLimiter culling with a minimum count of 8
  • Upvote 2

Rabbits are now subject to MobLimiter culling with a minimum count of 8

Is it possible for moblimiter to distinguish between breeds of rabbits, like it does for colors of sheep? Or does the bukkit API not support this?

Edited by Mumberthrax
  • Upvote 1

Expansion of pet management, maybe through CCorral?

TheAcademician has mentioned an interest in doing this since i suggested it to her months back, but from what I understand she has been busy with other projects and hasn't had time to invest in adding more features to cobracorral beyond the latest 1.8 version (which includes horse stat information and other bells and whistles - I highly encourage padmins to update to it)

• Upvote 1

Is it possible for moblimiter to distinguish between breeds of rabbits, like it does for colors of sheep? Or does the bukkit API not support this?

The Bukkit API supports it:  https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/entity/Rabbit.Type.html

The types are black, black and white, brown, gold, salt and pepper, white, and killer bunny.

But moblimiter would have to be modified to support it.

EDIT:  did it: https://github.com/NerdNu/MobLimiter/pull/13/files

Edited by roastnewt
  • Upvote 2

Standmaster9000 is now on PvE! Super huge thanks to Dumbo for making this magic possible!

This plugin allows you to control the position, name, and limbs of armour stands, have fun! :D

/stand list                                       Shows your current stand modifier list
/stand clear                                   Clears your current stand modifier list
/stand name <name>                     Gives the stand a visible nametag
/stand invisible <true/false>           Makes the stand invisible
/stand nobaseplate <true/false>    Removes the stand's baseplate
/stand nogravity <true/false>         Prevents the stand from falling
/stand pose body <rotation>          Sets the stand's body rotation
/stand pose leftarm <rotation>       Sets the stand's left arm rotation
/stand pose rightarm <rotation>     Sets the stand's right arm rotation
/stand pose leftleg <rotation>        Sets the stand's left leg rotation
/stand pose rightleg <rotation>      Sets the stand's right leg rotation
/stand pose head <rotation>          Sets the stand's head rotation
/stand showarms <true/false>        Shows arms on the stand
/stand small <true/false>                Makes the stand smaller

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

3/28/2015

• Due to concerns about running of /list-all causing lag spikes on P, the command has been disabled until further notice.
  • The denying of mooshroom spawning is now restricted to a cuboid region around the mushroom island instead of globally.
  • Upvote 2

The Bukkit API supports it:  https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/bukkit/org/bukkit/entity/Rabbit.Type.html

The types are black, black and white, brown, gold, salt and pepper, white, and killer bunny.

But moblimiter would have to be modified to support it.

EDIT:  did it: https://github.com/NerdNu/MobLimiter/pull/13/files

Can we do this for cat types too?

What's this mean as far as players go? Can we get mooshrooms now?

We utilized the admin hunt/secret maze as a way for players to get Mooshrooms, but didn't want to invalidate all that work by allowing them to spawn naturally... yet. We'll probably remove that restriction sometime in the next few weeks. In the meantime, players can get Mooshrooms from whoever has some (I believe Endor received the two spawn eggs).

Can we please get "/glist showall"? every other minecraft server I have played on that uses BungeeCord has this enabled for players to use. /list-all was created before the lobby system, but now that we have that I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to run /glist showall to see who is on all 3 servers

Edited by coolgamerovr90

Increased zombie spawns every new moon to provide a challenge. Similar to hordes that attack villages, but larger and attack towns.

I think that's been in the vanilla game for nearly two years. Attacking towns is impossible to define, and there's too much lighting in some areas.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's been in the vanilla game for nearly two years. Attacking towns is impossible to define, and there's too much lighting in some areas.

Small hoards will attack anywhere defined as a village yes, but only 1-5 of them will spawn. I believe ramping spawn rates makes lighting ineffective, such as the zombie event (rev 12?) Also, if rates where increased, they would attack cities or settlements simply because the chunks are loaded.

This is a thought I just had, it's been pointed out that a lot of P players use creative to test some designs for P. It could be a good idea to implement the multi world plugin into P creating a plot world similar to the one used for the lobby contest on creative just now, that would allow players to claim a plot and try out their designs whilst staying on PvE. It's just a thought but it means you could test stuff out without having to leave a lot of your friends in P so you could still be talking to them as you test it. Don't know if you guys would be up for it but it's just a thought.

I'd like to see increased spawn numbers in the nether. 

And if possible, 2x mob spawns during nights with full moons. 

It would be nice to see the server have more of a challenge in that way. 

Edit: Increased nether spawns for all mobs because the nether is treated as a candyland for commodities and a shortcut. The nether should be risky and challenging everytime you enter it, leaving you unsure if you will make it out alive. Plus it will give wither farmers a run for their money to have more ghasts, pigmen, lava thingies, blazes, zombies, skeletons, and withers after them.

Suggested spawn rate modifications would be a 50%-75% increase.

If you can inpliment full moon spawn modifiers, i'd suggest a 100% mob spawn increase for the duration of the full moon. (Witches can get a 200% increase for eerie effects)

Edited by Forever_A_Steve

• 3 weeks later...