Can we get Mumble images back now?

EeHee2000

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really see any reason why we need images in mumble- probably 80% of images I've seen in the past were to troll someone else, and for other images there are only about 10,000,000 ways to share an image online- you can easily post a URL in mumble chat.

I just don't see a compelling reason to add them back when they were such a major negative that they were removed in the past.   Am I missing something?

• Upvote 7

The primary use I'd seen for them was minecraft related.  When talking about a build, or where something is, it was nice to be able to do prntscrn -> ctrl-v to show someone something.

If it were only used for that purpose, there wouldn't be a problem with it. I unfortunately rarely saw it used in that manner.

I don't think there needs to be a big debate over this. The reason shit takes so long to get anywhere in this broken-down place is because someone always has something to fucking complain about, there's always some possibility of something going wrong, and so on.  
We're asking for the filesize limitations to be larger on a voice communication service. Please. 
I started this thread nearly 3 fucking weeks ago and we're nowhere near an answer - why? 

Edited by EeHee2000
  • Upvote 1

Because there's no need for it. It freezes up clients and I afk in channels all the time and have never seen it used for that purpose. There's a million mods out there to upload screenshots directly to imgur if that's useful (I'll have to lookup a name). I vote no though for images until mumble releases a patch specifically fixing it.

I started this thread nearly 3 fucking weeks ago and we're nowhere near an answer - why? 

I think its mostly because your attitude is poor and people with decision making authority automatically want to ignore your posts, or are disinclined to even engage with you because of your attitude. I apologize- I thought you wanted discussion.  

Here is your decision, which has been discussed amongst the head admin team:   

No.  We will not be turning mumble images back on.  Not worth the trouble.

• Upvote 4

I think its mostly because your attitude is poor and people with decision making authority automatically want to ignore your posts, or are disinclined to even engage with you because of your attitude. I apologize- I thought you wanted discussion.  

Oh, I've always had a poor attitude now? If people are afraid of discussing matters with me it's likely because they either disagree with literally everything I say or they've never actually bothered to speak with me in the first place. 

No need for apology either, we got some really top notch discussion going on in here, with "bump" being mentioned here and there. Hey, if you want to respond with a tone similar to mine, please consider first looking into the reasons I actually made that post. 

Edited by EeHee2000

Oh, I've always had a poor attitude now? If people are afraid of discussing matters with me it's likely because they either disagree with literally everything I say or they've never actually bothered to speak with me in the first place. 

Nowhere did I say you've always had a bad attitude.  You are surely exhibiting one here.  I don't know how you jumped to this crazy absolute.

People are not afraid of discussing matters with you- they just don't want to waste time or brain power responding to someone who supposedly quit the community but now spends all his time trolling the forums and generally trying to make staff angry. 

I said to myself "Maybe thats just how he comes off, I'll respond to this thread with the reasons why they're not available now, and why I didn't see the point of adding them back."   I even wrapped that post up with a question, asking if I was missing something.   This is a prime example of "civil policy discussion" and you can ask anyone, including all your friends- I'm happy to discuss any policy with anyone as long as you're not being a dick about it.   You're the one that followed up with "I started this thread nearly 3 fucking weeks ago and we're nowhere near an answer - why?""

In short, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.   Unfortunately, you're not dong much to change anyone's opinion.

At any rate, nobody on the admin team wants to entertain this topic with you and now I'm done with it too, so I guess you have your answer on the mumble images.

• Upvote 1