[PMC] Fundraiser #1! CTF!

SwitchViewz

Guest Former Staff

Bit of a progress update based on SwitchViewz post - I have concerns and notes in red.

[WIP]Minigames Spawn - SwitchViewz - Waiting for all minigames to be completed - KOTH and the Obstacle course are completed. Maze is nearly done and PVPSpleef is a day or two away from completion.

[WIP]PvP Spleef - Mrloud15 - Nearly done.

[WIP]Event Lobby - zburdsal - We have lost all progress on the lobby aside from having a generated world. Previously I had concerns about this being finished in time but now with four days remaining and 0% progress should we be looking to utilise our current lobby's E portal?

[WIP]Parkour - CROCKODUCK - We have no progress on this that I can view. Given how several other builds have parkour as a big theme, do we need this 5th minigame?

[WIP]Maze - CROCKODUCK - Nearly done.

[WIP]Custom Spawners - SwitchViewz

[WIP]Buff Tower #3 - MasterCommaThe

[ON HOLD]Red Outer Walls - I have outline where these should go in RED wool

[ON HOLD]Blue Outer Walls - I have outlined where these should go in BLUE wool

[NOT BEGUN]Move Minigames Closer Together - Movement may cause issue with placement of signs with warp commands, possible redstone issues.

[NOT BEGUN]Prizes - SwitchViewz

[NOT BEGUN]Rulebook - SwitchViewz

[ON HOLD]Protections - SwitchViewz

[DONE]Ruins - buzzie71

[DONE]Flag Stands/Towers - C45y

[DONE]King of The Hill - Barlimore

[DONE]Team Spawns - C45y

[DONE]Red Inner Walls

[DONE]Blue Inner Walls

[DONE]Obstacle Course Minigame

[DONE]schererererer's Buff Tower

[DONE]MasterCommaThe's Buff Tower

[DONE]Custom Spawner Dungeon (Barlimore's Pyramid)

I've finished bushing up the (hopefully) last of the tree slices in the second jungle area (two islands at /home buzzie71 jungle2).  The four stone god faces have been dropped on the two islands.  I'm looking to add one more of the relief sculpture (one winged thing, two mechanoids, four warriors) and the stone lizard somewhere in the jungles, then fill the other empty spaces in the jungle with toads, spires, fire posts, maybe another sort-of entrance like earlier.  Barring unforeseen improbable unfavorable occurrences in real life, four days will be plenty of time to finish this off.

I think I've mentioned this before, but there is a third relief sculpture depicting Unity that could be added in somewhere - maybe somewhere in the hills of the volcano island?

For KOTH testing, perhaps some staff play-testing is in order?  Might be good to see how the arena is actually navigated during gameplay, where the chokepoints are, etc.  I've seen enough of the map to think that, during the actual event, I should stay at home (team base) and take a support role anyway - I'd be available for the play-testing.

CutePvP is loaded, however a tech still needs to compile an up to date version from my PR and load it on event.

I've set both the 'firstspawn' and 'nonteam' spawns to be in that leaf sphere thing and we've had NerdSpawn unloaded ( so there isn't any clash )

I've managed to set the team spawns as well as 2 of the 4 flag positions, flag 'one' for both red and blue have been set, and 'two' still needs to be decided upon locations ( mountains really make this hard to do evenly for each team :< )

I've added some basic flag areas and set them up as CutePvP flags. Please feel free to make them pretty!

92ADWX7.jpg

nGDslAc.jpg

Editing to add that once CutePvP is loaded with the new version we need to to get some 'players' online and in teams ( run /join ) and testing this stuff out, I cant add to whitelist and alt accounts will end up on the same team due to IP address checks.

It is also worth noting that we really need to be using more blue and red wool in the designs on the ground, due to buff/harm effects being triggered by these blocks when stood on

Edited by c45y

I made you another buff temple (still needs to be pasted in near the volcano):
jqE0tDo.jpg

The buff trigger (a button in the center) lights up the portals and the pool where the button is with redstone when pressed. I imagine this buff temple being more of a fight for control area, rather than a challenge to reach it like the mushroom temple.

And I raise you a frog design (in the admin world next to your own) :P :
Tfw8Gap.png

lol nevermind, i got the buff tower. 

So the obstacle race is now un-cheatable. You can't spam the prize signs, easy-sign is my friend. it does "announce" "inventory" "warp" so you can't collect more than once.

100% done. please give me something else to do so i don't keep fiddling with it.

Flags for both red and blue are now set, tested capturing for red team works as intended, plugin appears stable.

Standing on own teams wool gives "Resistance" potion effect.

Standing on enemy teams wool gives "Wither" portion effect.

Some images we could use in the 'leaks' http://imgur.com/a/OWWVx

Edited by c45y

The Volcano biff tower is pasted in. It has a large pool to cross with Guardian spawners. Then as a nasty little surprise, I added redstone that opens up four chambers with cave spider spawners that will remain open for a day cycle whenever the buff switch is activated. 

Three things this buff tower needs:

• Test the spawner output to ensure it is enough of a challenge but not too much. Spawning appears to be disabled atm.
  • Activate day and night cycles on Event so we can ensure the chambers open AND CLOSE.
  • clean up the shore line where the tower overhangs the land. It was a little too big, sorry!

Flags for both red and blue are now set, tested capturing for red team works as intended, plugin appears stable.

Standing on own teams wool gives "Resistance" potion effect.

Standing on enemy teams wool gives "Wither" portion effect.

Some images we could use in the 'leaks' http://imgur.com/a/OWWVx

Leaks image number 2 is the best single choice to give the right amount of spoilers without spoiling from the spoilers in my opinion.

We are just over a week out, this needs to happen now. If nothing is done in 14 odd hours when I wake up I will be leaking the 2nd image in some creative way I'm yet to figure out.

Edit: Excellent, thanks mrloud

Edited by c45y

We are just over a week out, this needs to happen now. If nothing is done in 14 odd hours when I wake up I will be leaking the 2nd image in some creative way I'm yet to figure out.

I'm going to start posting some screenshots of stuff tomorrow, about 15-18 hours from now, and will continue to do so until the event.

I wanted to suggest this earlier, but was momentarily removed from moderator so it might be too late/someone else might have suggested it. What do people think of a trailer for the event before an actual announcement is made? It would be relatively easy to make and I wouldn't mind making it. 

Guest Former Staff

I'll be making a Big O' Post here shortly containing what needs to be finished and to clean this mess up!

As for teasers we intend to announce the date really soon here and with it I have made a teaser video.

I wanted to suggest this earlier, but was momentarily removed from moderator so it might be too late/someone else might have suggested it. What do people think of a trailer for the event before an actual announcement is made? It would be relatively easy to make and I wouldn't mind making it. 

I can see you're late to the party so trawling through 7 pages to see if your idea has been mentioned is a big task, I just wanted to highlight an earlier quote from SwitchViewz on this very idea.

(On a side note: I'm not sure how you're able to view this forum while still showing within the member group on the forums: I assume someone has set your permission mask and not your actual group?)

I can see you're late to the party so trawling through 7 pages to see if your idea has been mentioned is a big task, I just wanted to highlight an earlier quote from SwitchViewz on this very idea.

(On a side note: I'm not sure how you're able to view this forum while still showing within the member group on the forums: I assume someone has set your permission mask and not your actual group?)

Get outta here switch ;-)

When I stepped down from Sadmin I intended to still stay on staff as a mod, but there must have been some miscommunication and I was removed from staff entirely. But now I'm back as a mod! So I've missed a bit and am trying to catch up. Also for some reason it's always showed member for me when I was a mod. It only changed when I became a sadmin

Finished pasting in the Volcano Buff Tower with a few interesting tweaks. I've remodeled it a bit to be an Abandoned Buff Extractor, where scientists once attempted to bottle the hatred contained with cave spider venom. They were successful, only the spiders got through the pipes and into the machinery so that whenever you try to get a buff a bunch of spiders come crawling out of the tower. Oh and because of high security there are of course guardians (spawners) in the pool surrounding the buff button.  The old guard robots still stand around the edge with their central core rusted out, while the once highly trained attack fish have gone feral.

I'd like to generally include the information in the above background description on signs or region greetings some how around the buff tower. I'll work on adding that shortly.

I've never made a cave spider spawn chamber or guardian spawn chamber before, so I'd really like to test the spawning ability of these soon so I have a lot of time to fix any problems if they don't work. Ideally this will put out a few guardians, and a ton of cave spiders (the latter only after the buff is activated). I need some help temporarily enabling spawning to test the function.

Also I still need day/night cycles turned on so I can test the solar reset device on the cave spider pumps. Please and thank you.

And here's a pretty picture:

4UsGOI7.jpg

PVP has been tested out, respawns, flag drops and all that good stuff is working as expected

NE and SW buffs have been set, however if more buffs are needed a tech will need to stop the server and manually edit the config.yml

Edit: worth noting that a score/member/buff reset will need to be done to the config to remove the kills generated from testing

Edited by c45y

Alright, I've seeded a bunch of stone poles and toads on the second set of jungle islands, as well as two poles and a walkway, the relief sculpture, and the stone lizard.  Unity relief is also inserted in a mountain on the volcano island:

http://i.imgur.com/FnvOQ2y.png

I'm going to call the ruin seeding done.

EDIT: I can take a stab at protections for the base structures (would need specifics about how the protections need to be done), but I won't be offended if someone else gets to them first :O

Edited by buzzie71